Disney's 'Moana'

If it's live action then they should get the Rock to star.

Yay Moana! Hits keep hitting and she keeps kicking!

this is such a fun idea

Sooner than anybody thought especially with the live-action previous announcement.

It'll need Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, Moana, Encanto) to reach the heights of the original and I don't know if he's involved this time.

Last edited:
The hell!! I didn’t even know they were making a sequel! And this soon!

This won’t be confusing with the live-action film lol

The hell!! I didn’t even know they were making a sequel! And this soon!

This won’t be confusing with the live-action film lol

They did take a weird/rushed detour into the live-action announcement and the TV series announcement years ago.

I hope this was a case of putting more budget and re-hauling ala Toy Story 2 going from DTV to theatrical, and not they’re putting together episodes they already worked on to get a feature out.

The wording is a little strange.

So this is pretty much the opposite effect of some DTV Disney sequels?

Was really surprised to find out this is coming out this year.

My reaction to Moana 2 followed by "Lin Manuel Miranda not returning"

OMldyij.gif

Side note, how in the fresh hell were they able to keep this a secret?

I really liked the first one but yeah if it’s just a bunch of episodes strung together, not sure how good it will be.

I really liked the first one but yeah if it’s just a bunch of episodes strung together, not sure how good it will be.
Even then it would have had a chance if Lin Manuel Miranda was coming back but since he isn't then my expectations are pretty low. His songs were a huge part of what made the first movie work. At best this is about on par with The Lion King II or Aladdin and the King of Thieves DTV movies from back in the day. Same cast, lesser quality.

I don't see how how this can just be announced now and be ready for release in just 9 months.
The only way I could see it being remotely possible is if there was a fair amount of footage filmed for the TV series and they are able to use a substantial amount of it. I'm definitely wary how it will turn out, but I'm hoping it can somehow be good as Moana is my second favorite animated Disney movie after Frozen.

I watched the little teaser on youtube and noticed the comments were turned off. Kind of odd.:skeptical:

I don't see how how this can just be announced now and be ready for release in just 9 months.
The only way I could see it being remotely possible is if there was a fair amount of footage filmed for the TV series and they are able to use a substantial amount of it. I'm definitely wary how it will turn out, but I'm hoping it can somehow be good as Moana is my second favorite animated Disney movie after Frozen.

I watched the little teaser on youtube and noticed the comments were turned off. Kind of odd.:skeptical:
They've been working on this for a while under wraps it seems. But as for the comments being turned off, YouTube eliminated the comment sections on most videos aimed at kids. Probably for the best.

I’m excited for it. I’m surprised they didn’t get Lin back to write more songs but people were also saying how sick of him they were so idk. The new writers have an “unofficial bridgerton” musical album im listening to and it’s pretty good so my hype isn’t impacted too much.

I am assuming they are putting at least a little bit more effort into it than they did with Tarzan & Jane. And it may not be that big of an issue, as Disney shows have had multi part episodes that could be edited and added to to make a movie.

Oh that’s a shock! Didn’t think it would actually happen. Still, wonderful news!

oh god if she’s going to Oceania will there be an offensive Australian stereotype

This will drive numbers because of the name any way…but they could ruin the franchise with that pretty fast.
They‘re trying to edit TV-episodes as a movie - normally TV kids shows don’t have an overarching story but more like case/monster of the week.
For the movie they need an overarching enemy/thread/challenge.
Plus LMM‘s songs were the heart of the first film.
To me this sounds like a desperate move, because they failed with new characters/stories

The jury is still out on whether Auli’i Cravalho comes back as the voice of Moana. We hear that the actress is in talks, but they aren’t as close as Johnson’s. Cravalho already said in May on social that she won’t be reprising Moana in the live-action version of the movie.

I mean, she reprised her Moana role already in some video games and the Wreck-it-Ralph sequel and is doing a bunch of voice over work, so I assume she’s negotiating for much more than probably what Disney likes to give out lol

2024: Moana 2
2025: Zootopia 2
2026: Frozen 3

Sequels galore at Walt Disney Animation Studios for the neXt 3 Novembers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"