• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Animation Disney's 'Moana'

2024: Moana 2
2025: Zootopia 2
2026: Frozen 3

Sequels galore at Walt Disney Animation Studios for the neXt 3 Novembers....
To be fair, their last four have been originals and only Encanto really broke out with their last two outright bombing.

I’m sure that’s also a reason Moana 2 is coming so fast.

To be fair, their last four have been originals and only Encanto really broke out with their last two outright bombing.

It's a little reminiscent of the early 2000s where their original theatrical movies like Atlantis and Treasure Planet were underperforming and they were flooding the home video market with DTV sequels.

It's a little reminiscent of the early 2000s where their original theatrical movies like Atlantis and Treasure Planet were underperforming and they were flooding the home video market with DTV sequels.

*shudder*

I remember when Michael Eisner wanted to do shot for shot CGI remakes of all the classic animated movies.

I guess that mostly came true with the live-action remakes.

*shudder*

I remember when Michael Eisner wanted to do shot for shot CGI remakes of all the classic animated movies.

I guess that mostly came true with the live-action remakes.

I had no idea that was even a thing. Outside of Kingdom Hearts and the Wreck-It Ralph cameos, no need for any CGI conversions of the 2D classics. I'm good.

...the movie is out in nine months and they still have both of them in talks to come back? :dry:

Right?

I'm starting to feel this is just going to be Atlantis: Milo's Return but on a theatrical level. Were neither Dwayne or Au'li attached to this when it was originally going to be a TV series?

Looking at their filmography starting from Snow Whìte, 3 sequels in a row stick out like a thumb sore. And just shows that the studio needs to do the sequel route to guarantee more success. Imagine if we got Aladdin 2 to 4 + The Lion King Return and The Little Mermaid ² as feature theaterical film in the late 90s to the 2000s.

And aside from those 3 sequels, Frozen 4 is also in development...

Who knows how long they’ve been mulling over this decision behind the scenes but this seems insanely rushed. Maybe the people involved will be able to make it work but for now I have a lot of doubts.

Right?

I'm starting to feel this is just going to be Atlantis: Milo's Return but on a theatrical level. Were neither Dwayne or Au'li attached to this when it was originally going to be a TV series?
To my recollection, Cravalho was announced to be in the show when they announced the show to begin with. I assume Johnson was a soundalike and now they have to negotiate for the real thing, while Cravalho's contract was for a TV show that now doesn't exist and so also needs a new contract. I assume. I'm no entertainment lawyer.

I'm not expecting the sequel to surpass the original but I'm just hoping it's at least worth it. I've wanted a follow up ever since the first time I saw Moana because it's such a feel good movie & it's so nice to see Polynesian culture get the spotlight it deserves.

Moana-2-040324-4de5f7778c9c4082bbb111b1e5d29622.jpg

Wow it’s amazing the leaps and bounds CGI has come with hair

yeah, she even has hair on her armpits

Never knew they could put together make-shift studios like the one in that tweet. Looks like a hotel conference room.

Never knew they could put together make-shift studios like the one in that tweet. Looks like a hotel conference room.
YouTubers can do the same with cardboard and a closet. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"