• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Animation Disney's 'Moana'

Never knew they could put together make-shift studios like the one in that tweet. Looks like a hotel conference room.

Since I am assuming that is his daughter, looks like he set it up in his home. And honestly, given its the Rock, not too surprised he needs to do it in the middle of a room.

Moana voyages back to the big screen this November in the all-new feature film starring Auli'i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson as Moana and demigod Maui, respectively.

Opening only in theaters Nov. 27, 2024, "Moana 2" reunites Moana and Maui three years later for an expansive new voyage alongside a crew of unlikely seafarers. After receiving an unexpected call from her wayfinding ancestors, Moana must journey to the far seas of Oceania and into dangerous, long-lost waters for an adventure unlike anything she's ever faced. Directed by David Derrick Jr., Jason Hand and Dana Ledoux Miller, and produced by Christina Chen and Yvett Merino, "Moana 2" features music by Grammy® winners Abigail Barlow and Emily Bear, Grammy nominee Opetaia Foaʻi, and three-time Grammy winner Mark Mancina.

Last edited:
I mean outside of showing us the visuals were made for theaters they gave us nothing lol. Very much a teaser.

Three directors? Is that because it originally started as a series?

Musker and Clements aren't doing it which is surprising. Are Trousdale and Wise still around?

Musker and Clements aren't doing it which is surprising. Are Trousdale and Wise still around?
I think Trousdale and Wise were shunned after Hunchback didn't become an Aladdin or Lion King level smash hit and Atlantis underperformed at the box office, which is totally unfair.

I think Trousdale and Wise were shunned after Hunchback didn't become an Aladdin or Lion King level smash hit and Atlantis underperformed at the box office, which is totally unfair.
Hunchback is a gorgeous movie. The gargoyles just shouldn't have happened. They gave us Beauty and the Beast. :argh:

And Musker must be salty about it as he’s been saying how “woke” Disney has gotten.

Edit: to be fair he only used that word once but he leaned on the Disney’s gotten too message heavy criticism which is funny as in 2016 Moana didn’t hit make a bill but the message heavy zootopia did.

Last edited:
Hunchback is a gorgeous movie. The gargoyles just shouldn't have happened. They gave us Beauty and the Beast. :argh:
I'm guessing for many kids (as one at the time) - the gargoyles were one of the best parts.
I'm pretty sure the gargoyles were pushed on them by the studio, or at least making them the standard Disney comic relief sidekicks. "It's getting a little too dark, guys. We need some more George Costanza."

Last edited:
lol I like the gargoyles as apart of Quasi’s imagination didn’t need them in the final fight but even now I don’t mind them.

lol I like the gargoyles as apart of Quasi’s imagination didn’t need them in the final fight but even now I don’t mind them.
I'm more or less fine with them, though the Jason Alexander one is significantly more irritating than the other two. My major issue is their musical number happens in the middle of the genocidal maniac villain burning down the city. Totally wrong place, wrong time for it.

I'm more or less fine with them, though the Jason Alexander one is significantly more irritating than the other two. My major issue is their musical number happens in the middle of the genocidal maniac villain burning down the city. Totally wrong place, wrong time for it.
I mean who isn’t dancing and singing of first love in the middle of your city burning.

Was hoping for a visual difference. Something completely different in local or weather (winter).

It’s only a teaser, but hopefully the film offers up something worthwhile than just what looks to be the same as the first movie.

I hope they bring back Jemaine Clement as Tamatoa in a larger role than he had in the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"