Do you ever miss school?

Yea I miss school. Looking back at those days now I realize how much fun I had, how little responsibilities I had. I remember, my parents always used to say "You might hate it now but when you leave, you will realize that is was the best time of your life". And you know what? They were right.

Maybe it's different for everyone else, but my days at school were the biggest laugh ever. I suppose it helped that I was friends with pretty much everyone, I wasn't a member of a "clique" or anything, I used to get on with pretty much everyone. Even the teachers liked me as the lovable rogue :hehe: I was always getting into trouble, getting into fights, getting suspended, getting detentions but for some reason most of the teachers really seemed to like me, I think they thought I was a pain in the arse, but funny! It's hard to explain the bond I had with my good mates, there was about 20-30 of us including girls who I would call proper good mates. I suppose that is quite unusual. And the funny thing is, 6-7 years later, we are all still close friends! That's pretty amazing if i think about it.

I do regret what i did in my last year at school though, I bunked off too much and smoked too much weed! I remember we all used to meet up at the garages in the morning before we registered and chuff some bongs or whatever. One time, I sucked up this litre coke bottle, then went to class, and as the teacher was calling the register I burped and a load of smoke came out!!! I still to this day don't know how that happened or how she didn't catch me!

Another funny story is one time we were all sitting in this place called "C-Block" which is basically where my year could hang out. Anyway, we had these vending machines that dispensed crisps and chocolate and what not. One of my friends, who was a bit slow if you know what i mean, was playing around with the buttons, just tapping in some random codes. When all of a sudden, the machine started emptying out!! :hehe: Everything was free! Needless to say, the vending machine was empty within about 2 minutes! :hehe:

Ahhh school was so brilliant, I wish i could go back in time!

Edit: Reading through all you guys answers, you must of had a really miserable time at school! And Darthphere, I haven't got a unfufilled life, so no need to feel sorry for me. See, maybe school where i'm from is different to yours, but seriously, those days were so fun. Didn't have to worry about anything. No parents breaking up, no being homeless nothing. It was all smoke, hang out with mates, play football. The easy life.

Last edited:
I am in College got to say I like it far better than High School and Elemetary School, and I really wouldn't want to go back, I like the Idea of only takeing 2 or 3 classes and being considered a full time student. I also Like my class starting at 9:25 instead of at 8:00 in the morning. Along with not being around my parents, College ROCKS. except for test, I sort of miss the high school versions of those.

I'm almost done college now, and anytime I go home and drive past my highschool I get a cold shiver and pull out the crucifix. I don't miss it at all.

I enjoyed some aspects of school, but no, I don't miss it.

If I didn't come back for an extra year after graduating, I would have missed the place.
Now it's just killing me.

I miss that time of my life where I was at University, my parents would give me as much money as I needed and I had long holidays every year in beautiful places. It was a care free life. Of course, at the time I did not enjoy having 'homework'.

Not that my life at the moment is not too bad in itself.

I have vivid dreams about school once a fortnight for the past 7 1/2 years

Edit: Reading through all you guys answers, you must of had a really miserable time at school! And Darthphere, I haven't got a unfufilled life, so no need to feel sorry for me. See, maybe school where i'm from is different to yours, but seriously, those days were so fun. Didn't have to worry about anything. No parents breaking up, no being homeless nothing. It was all smoke, hang out with mates, play football. The easy life.

Agreed. Those were the most fun/ridiculous years of my life. I'd do 'em again in a heartbeat, only to try to have even more fun(if that's even possible) :D

School is a balanced thing, while the memories can be great, it's a very simplified life and therefore shouldn't be overvalued.

but then again it carries a large amount of nostalgia because it is what has lead to you being who you are today.

I don't think it's a bad thing to look back as long as you aren't living in the past and it's not stopping you progressing through life. One of my friends is nearly 30 but hasn't done anything productive since secondary school, his life fell apart after its security. Shame.

I don't miss school so much, but I do miss the people. I was closer to classmates than most people are for the fact that I went to an extremely small school, and even though I still keep in contact with my closest friends from high school, a great deal of them have moved away. Sucks.

If there's anything I miss from school itself it's the organized sports & such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"