Do you take action figures out of the box?

Billabong7329

Civilian
Reaction score
I know there are various viewpoints on whether or not you should leave them in the box or take them out when you display them, I'm just wondering how most of you feel.

I originally thought that it would be best for me to keep everything in the box, but one day when i was kind of moving things around in my room I decided to open up all my Batman Begins figures (9 of them) as well as my hot wheels Batman cars (6 sets of two cars a piece) and display them around my room. I kind of regretted it afterwards but I like having them displayed.

The main reason I don't want to open them is because I tell myself that they won't be worth anything if I do, but than after thinking about it for awhile I realized I am not likely to ever sell them anyways. My current girlfriend, and hopefully future wife, thinks its cool that I like batman and so much so I know she would never make me sell them. And with the career paths we both hope to be in one day I don't believe we would have financial problems where I would need to sell them. So thats why I ended up opening them, because I figured I would never sell them anyways.

Anywho, what is your view on this subject? Do you leave action figures in boxes? What about statues? Batmobiles (corgi, hotwheels, ect)?

Yes, I always open it. I can't resist.
But now I have two rotating boxed action figures. I plan to open them only when I get some more. This way I will always have at least a couple of action figures sill inside their boxes until the following ones turns. :rolleyes: :up:

I usually open them, 'cause I know I'm keeping them, and they look better out of the box. Especially if they have stands.

Like Scarecrow from Dark Victory, he has a piece of concrete, and it looks like it joins with other figures from the line.

My Corgi Batmobiles look way better out of the box, and I like to see all the detail that I wouldn't see in the box.

Life is too short to just leave toys in boxes. I love to play with them and make little scenes with all my toys on the shelf. I also use them for stop motion.
Although there are some exceptions to the rule, there are a few toys that have really cool box art and they just seem to need to stay in the packaging. Like the Unleashed or Clone Wars toys.

I enjoy using them for stop motion as well. Hehe....:batman:!

Some are in boxes due to lack of space in my crappy little apartment. Once I buy another house all bets are off. Although I think opening some will be a little harder to talk myself into. I'm going to Toys 'R' Us tomorrow. :woot:

For the longest time I was strictly a mint in box collector for the toys. After awhile tho I realized that the current toys are never going to be worth anything of great value, so the monetary value thing was of no importance to me. Eventually space became a great factor in deciding to open packages or not. Now, the only items I still have in the package are my 89/92 figs, Forever figs, original basic TAS figs, and afew others. After 95 Kenner stopped doing packaging with original artwork and went to generic packaging, so there was no incentive to keep figs on the card when the card was the same for the entire line. As far as statues and higher end items, of course display them, thats what they are made for.

My room looks like the 40 year old virgin's apartment. I have approx. 288 batman action figures, all MOC. The only open ones I have are the ones I bought as a kid to play with. If I see a cool looking fig, like the new S3 Batman from Mattel, I'll buy two, one to open, one to display.

Rare ones stay in the box and common on loose on my shelf!

I never open my Batman toys! I bought a Batman Begins in Genx Core figure (best figure ever if you can find it) a few months ago and I've been too paranoid to open it! I really wanna pose it and take some shots for you guys but...

Anyway, see the figure for yourselves. Google "batman begins in genx core"

Use to allways take them out but lately been keeping them in the box, just because some of the boxes are nice looking.

I usually save the boxes in the back of my bedrooms closet or something so they are safe incase I move or something.

I always keep them in the boxes. SOmetimes I contemplate about taking them out, but then I wonder what i wll do with them. I neevr really play with them. I usualy exam them, put them in a pose, and then they just collect dust in my room. So I keep them in the box, they look more badass that way. If I really want to take one out of the box, I buy 2.

Out of the box and displayed. I have no plans to sell them, just more or less leave them for my kids (or grand kids) for nostalgic purposes...

I have almost no money so I rarely ever buy two of the same action figure.

when i buy them i think " i should really leave this in the packaging", but they rarely last more than a day or 2.

it depends on what figure it is. If its a special edition figure or a very expensive figure I usually leave them in the box. But most figures that are cheap I buy two of so I can display one and put one on my wall in the box.

I don't worry about investment, the small 5" figures I just store them in zip lock baggies. :)

Some I keep in the box, some I take out..it depends. Some of the boxes I really like though. Like the new DC Superheroes. I bought the Batman and Superman over the weekend.
closetcompressedpw8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"