Doctor Who Subforum for TV Shows

Climperoonie

A God Named Sparkles?
Reaction score
I think we should have a Doctor Who subform in the TV Series forum, for numerous reasons:
A) He is a superhero, just uses his brains rather than his fists.
B) We have a thread for DW, but it's packed with so many topics at once it's hard to keep up with the topic you're talking about.
C) I think American forums should start to support English stuff, plus DW has a fan base in USA too.

I agree although it probably would of been just as easy to ask a mod matt maybe

wel maybe ask for it to cover the whoniverse rather than just doctor who

yup. He saves the universe and fights crime! only last week he stopped an intergalactic insurance scam. He deserves sub forum love!

The Doctor is a man who travels the universe and fights crime & villainous alien overlords. He has sidekicks. He has a secret identity (so secret, not even his sidekicks know it). He has superpowers. He's had multiple comics books and TV shows over the years. And dear god, there's no way we can contain all of our topics (Torchwood, Sarah Jane, behind the scenes, upcoming episodes, episode reviews).

Doctor Who needs its own subforum.

Exactly. Doctor who is the greatest English hero.

That still wouldn't work, because then we could still only have one thread, where as we need loads on different subjects in the Whoniverse.

So far there are five people asking for a Dr. Who forum out of how many thousands on this site? Find a Dr. Who message board if you want a place that caters to the show. The vBulletin system has a finite number of forums and sub-forums that can be used. If they gave one to Dr. Who (who is really more of a sci-fi character than superhero, mind you) then they'd have to give one to every show that anyone wanted a special forum for and they just don't have the technical capacity to do that.

jag

So far there are five people asking for a Dr. Who forum out of how many thousands on this site? Find a Dr. Who message board if you want a place that caters to the show. The vBulletin system has a finite number of forums and sub-forums that can be used. If they gave one to Dr. Who (who is really more of a sci-fi character than superhero, mind you) then they'd have to give one to every show that anyone wanted a special forum for and they just don't have the technical capacity to do that.

jag

these poor souls shouldn't have to suffer outpost gallifrey:(

I see Jags point. BUT. This is different. We have no forums here for English shows. Or English things (I don't think so, anyway). Se we deserve one little Subforum. At Least.

If they gave one to Dr. Who (who is really more of a sci-fi character than superhero, mind you) then they'd have to give one to every show that anyone wanted a special forum for and they just don't have the technical capacity to do that. There's no reason to give you special privileges just because you are English. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

jag

This one isn't gonna happen for the reason Jaglicous pointed out.

YES TO A DOCTOR WHO SUBFORUM!!! :up:

I think it would make a bit of sense. The Doctor is rather super hero-y, and certainly moreso than the characters on Heroes.

This is kind of ridiculous. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and everything, are you REALLY serious?? Jack Bauer is superhero-esque... Sort of, as well so let's make a 24 forum. The girl from Medium has physcic powers and that's a super power so there should be a medium forum, same with Moonlight, Supernatural and Ghost Whisperer. Chuck is kind of Superheroy so let's make a Chuck forum, a Battlestar Galactica forum, the people in ER, Gray's Anatomy, House and Scrubs all save lives like Superheroes so there should be a forum for each of those, and on and on.

And of COURSE it makes perfect sense to have a sub-forum just for British TV, it's completely obvious that is so much more sophisticated than American TV that it deserves to be completely isolated from American television. To actually discuss it's brilliance in the same forum as stuff like American Idol is just disgusting! Of course, while we're at it there should be a forum for Spanish TV as well, but of course to make it fair we should have a Spanish speaking version of the Spanish TV forum, as well as an English speaking version.... Hell, while we're at it we should have multiple versions of every single forum on this site for every major language. Hey, moderators what's taking so long? If you can't see that my ideas are the best you are all stooped morans and dum idots. It makes so much sense!

I seriously feel sorry for you mods, it seems like every other day there's a new thread in here asking for a forum for some random thing. I swear before you know it someone is going to demand a subforum for 3 foot tall Asian transexual metal detector aficionados over the age of 60

Dr.Who is not a superhero. I would say a mega thread for everything Dr.Who related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"