Does Hillary Clinton have too much baggage to win a presidential election?

Well, with Hillary the question is bigger because she seems to be the only candidate the democrats are seriously considering running. So her viability is therefore a bigger issue than any of the other male candidates.

No, I can assure you the hard left are waiting in the wings, and from what I'm hearing are part of the leakage of this information.....Elizabeth Warren is their choice...

No, I can assure you the hard left are waiting in the wings, and from what I'm hearing are part of the leakage of this information.....Elizabeth Warren is their choice...

It doesn't help that Elizabeth Warren is a Hillary Supporter. The party as a whole has consolidated behind Hillary.

Last edited:
It doesn't help that Elizabeth Warren is a Hillary Supporter. The party as a whole has consolidated behind Hillary.
I would hardly call Warren a Hillary supporter. More like she's doing everything she can to force Hillary to lurch to the left to her satisfaction.

Only if Hillary says I'm not running and withdraws! Clinton looks tired. Anything but hungry and up for a campaign.

The Dem's are in a very tough spot. What if Hillary's detractors on both sides of the isle, and abroad have the goods on what she " deleted " and wait for the right moment to drop the bombs? The other candidates will have little time to get into gear and get their fund raising machines going.

One cannot delete sent emails. The other person has a copy. Hillary better keep her friends close and make nice to anyone who can expose her. Since the server was private with unknown qualities of security it could have been compromised by a foreign nation or rival political party.

Clinton has been treated as the "heir apparent" ever since she left Secretary of State. And if Warren is their next best choice, they may actually be better off sticking with Clinton.

Clinton has been treated as the "heir apparent" ever since she left Secretary of State. And if Warren is their next best choice, they may actually be better off sticking with Clinton.

Hilary does NOT have Bill's Charisma. She has been riding his coat tails since his Presidency. Hilary comes as way too indignant and arrogant.

Oh, I'm sure the Republicans are hoping with all hope that it ends up Warren.

Hilary does NOT have Bill's Charisma. She has been riding his coat tails since his Presidency. Hilary comes as way too indignant and arrogant.

Hillary supporters, and I count (ed) myself as one of those back in 2008 knew she was nothing like Bill, and never really expected that to change. Most people already know her and her personality, so if they are STRONG Hillary fans, they will always be Hillary fans.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about Warren, I will have to do some research on her. I have a feeling that she is far to left wing in the area of fiscal issues for me, which will be the big driving point for me this time. If we get another President that disregards the Constitution as much as the last two have I may just throw in the towel and move to Bora Bora....

Here's the thing though. I don't understand why there are such die-hard Hillary supporters. Bill I can understand, but Hillary? While she is most certainly an accomplished woman, she completely lacks any of the charm necessary to be a successful politician. She won her Senate seat by running in a safe Democratic seat as opposed to their original homestate and even then essentially won because of the coattails of her husband.

Here's the thing though. I don't understand why there are such die-hard Hillary supporters. Bill I can understand, but Hillary? While she is most certainly an accomplished woman, she completely lacks any of the charm necessary to be a successful politician. She won her Senate seat by running in a safe Democratic seat as opposed to their original homestate and even then essentially won because of the coattails of her husband.

I would have voted for her in 2008, and wanted her over Obama, every day I wish that.....BUT, as with Obama, the more I learn, the more I wish I had my vote back (not that it would have mattered, except to me). She does have diehard supporters however, and they may be few, but they are out there.

It's the media that is leaving Hillary, and I'm just waiting for who they choose as our next President....:cwink:

This is frankly a legitimate question IMO. This is a person who is the clear frontrunner of the Democratic nomination to the point where she is basically getting a coronation with no serious challenger. This is regardless of gender and there are a lot of issues regarding Hillary. And the way you phrased your question is just one of oh so many issues I have with her.

While I don't think that Hillary has done anything criminal so far, the latest issue has become the last straw for me in regards to her. I really hope she doesn't run for President and allow another Democrat to try and grab the mantle who is far more deserving of the nomination, whether it be a woman like Elizabeth Warren or a man like Joe Biden.

I agree about wanting her to step aside and let another democrat run for president. I don't really have anything against Hillary at this point, but she is dragging a whole semi truck's trailer full of baggage. And frankly I don't think she could get a republican congress to cooperate. I think Hillary is just burnt with the republican party, and that's not who I won't as president. After 8 years of Obama and the stalemate and gridlock in congress I'm ready to have a president that can move congress effectively and this country in better directions. I don't agree with the GOP much, but I do like having a president who can work with them and can get them to work with him or her. Hillary...well I'm not sure she can get the GOP to play ball with her or any of her ideas after Benghazi and whatever other scandals they can dredge up. So personally I would rather have Warren on the ticket. Sadly however Warren seems to have made clear that she feels she is more effective in Congress and wants to stay there for now at least. Part of me thinks she is only saying this because she doesn't want to step on Hillary's toes and knows the party won't choose her over Hillary which is a damn shame because I think Warren might would make a damn fine president, and I really like some of the ideas and thoughts that I've heard from her. If Hillary wins it's gonna be at least 8 years before Warren could run and she'd be 73 so if she doesn't run for this upcoming election I doubt she will ever run for president.:( The best I can hope for is Hillary as president and Warren as Vice President. If that happens then Ill vote for Hillary in a heartbeat.

I would hardly call Warren a Hillary supporter. More like she's doing everything she can to force Hillary to lurch to the left to her satisfaction.

Hilary doesn't care about Elizabeth Warren.

They are both comfortable with their respective roles.

Warren is sending a message to the base.

The Republicans are split, we don't need to fight amongst ourselves like them.

Or she wants to be vice president.

That's an easy checkmate.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but I find it interesting that there is a high probability that in two years from now both the president of the United States and the prime minister of Israel will be women. Two of the leaders taking care of the middle east situation, the middle east, where the majority of people live in something that resemble the dark ages, inequality for women more than in any other place in the world. How will they act when that happen? Will they even listen to women? I mean they'll have to, but... you know what I mean.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the place to ask this but I find it interesting that there is a high probability that in two years from now both the president of the United States and the prime minister of Israel will be women. Two of the leaders taking care of the middle east situation, the middle east, where the majority of people live in something that resemble the dark ages, inequality for women more than in any other place in the world. How will they act when that happen? Will they even listen to women? I mean they'll have to, but... you know what I mean.

What do you think?

That would be interesting....the Republicans could very well have a woman as VP, and that same scenario could still play out in that the VP would lead the US delegation in Israel/Palestinian talks.....LMAO, wouldn't the Palestinians just LOVE THAT....

Does she have too much baggage to win a presidential election?

Age? She will be 69 for the election. This is old in the eyes of some voters for the most demanding job in USA politics.

Health? “She has to be carefully monitored for the rest of her life,” doctors warned former President Bill Clinton before Hillary was released from the hospital" Blood clots and the risk of stroke are high

Scandals. Benghazi. Private emails. Her's husband's.

Too seasoned? Unlike Mr. Obama, however, about whom we knew very little about before his rise, the Hillary Clinton preview of coming attractions has been running on a near-continuous loop for the better part of 30 years. She has said too much, and voted in ways that can be used in a campaign to her disadvantage.

Bill Clinton was very skilled and clam with crisis Management. Hillary has an angry voice on such matters

I hope the public agrees that she does.

Yet, Clinton has survived many scandals and have huge financial network. The baggage will be problematic in Iowa...but she does have resources to trash upcoming opponents in primary. I just wouldn't count her out at this point, even though I wish we could.

It would be foolish to count Hillary out. But I think this aura of invincibility has been diminished. She really doesn't fit very well in today's modern Democratic Party IMO and she lacks the charm to be an effective political candidate.

Would you ever create a thread like this about a male presidential candidate?

:huh:..what is source of this criticism? Does Taarna have reputation of being sexist or something...or is Hillary Clinton special? Hillary has been in public eye for over 20 years..and only reason she's given front runner status is because of her marriage. Can't have it both ways.

.funny yesterday I watched episode of House of Cards where one female presidential candidate cynically lobs an attack against another stating....."you're only criticizing the President's wife because she's a woman..." and then attacked her on her skills as a mother. Your post reminded me of this.

The New York Post and Ed Klein are reporting that Valerie Jarret is behind the leaks that have resulted in Hillary's latest misfortunes.

The New York Post and Ed Klein are reporting that Valerie Jarret is behind the leaks that have resulted in Hillary's latest misfortunes.

I can totally believe that, she hates the Clintons...and it has been reported by other sources as well that the leaks came out of the Obama Administration, so this simply narrows that down.

It had to have been someone from the Administration, because if it was a Republican the NYT which broke the story in the first place would have never touched it.

The AP is now following up their request FROM TWO YEARS AGO for the emails that are classified as public record to be released, they are now suing....as is The Kelly File from FNC...and I think a couple of others that I can't remember off the top of my head, it may be the New York Post, but I can't say for sure.

I can totally believe that, she hates the Clintons...and it has been reported by other sources as well that the leaks came out of the Obama Administration, so this simply narrows that down.

It had to have been someone from the Administration, because if it was a Republican the NYT which broke the story in the first place would have never touched it.

The AP is now following up their request FROM TWO YEARS AGO for the emails that are classified as public record to be released, they are now suing....as is The Kelly File from FNC...and I think a couple of others that I can't remember off the top of my head, it may be the New York Post, but I can't say for sure.

The Obama and Clinton relationship is based on political NEEDS, not friendship. Neither is willing to fall on their sword for the other. If emails come out that paint both in a bad light they will go back to being political rivals.

While a lot can happen in the next six months I think Jeb has what it takes to win the presidency.

He's a fluent spanish speaker with a Latino wife who's pro immigration by republican standards. This means he'll get a higher percentage of the Latino vote, which is very key.

Jeb is backed by the Bush fund raising machine, which is 3-1 in presidential elections. He's also done fine work in Florida as governor, which is the key swing state in 2016.

While hard core conservatives might frown upon Jeb being too moderate on some issues, I think most of them who back Scott Walker would walk over broken glass to vote for Jeb over Hillary Clinton.

For what's it worth, I once briefly meet the man in a hotel in Orlando circa 2006. Jeb was there for some political event and waiting in the hotel lobby. I was 10 feet away from him waiting to check in. He saw me looking at him and said hello.

Jeb's a big man! He really stands out in a room. I'm 6'1" tall, and he had a least 2-3" on me. I thought Jeb had a regular guy vibe, and an easy smile about him. IMO, he can connect well with Joe average voter. If you didn't know who he was you'd think he was a friendly dad taking his kids to Disney world.

Jeb had a conservative record as governor .

Does she have too much baggage to win a presidential election?

Age? She will be 69 for the election. This is old in the eyes of some voters for the most demanding job in USA politics.

Health? “She has to be carefully monitored for the rest of her life,” doctors warned former President Bill Clinton before Hillary was released from the hospital" Blood clots and the risk of stroke are high

Scandals. Benghazi. Private emails. Her's husband's.

Too seasoned? Unlike Mr. Obama, however, about whom we knew very little about before his rise, the Hillary Clinton preview of coming attractions has been running on a near-continuous loop for the better part of 30 years. She has said too much, and voted in ways that can be used in a campaign to her disadvantage.

Bill Clinton was very skilled and clam with crisis Management. Hillary has an angry voice on such matters

Yes she does Rand Paul wins Colorado and Virginia in a race against Hillary .

I can see Rand beating Hillary in Colorado, but not Virginia. I think he just has no appeal in the NOVA region to win that state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"