Does Hillary Clinton have too much baggage to win a presidential election?

The Obama and Clinton relationship is based on political NEEDS, not friendship. Neither is willing to fall on their sword for the other. If emails come out that paint both in a bad light they will go back to being political rivals.

Them becoming rivals shouldn't matter to Obama, He is going next year and he is going to do the lecturing circuit.

I hope the public agrees that she does.

Yet, Clinton has survived many scandals and have huge financial network. The baggage will be problematic in Iowa...but she does have resources to trash upcoming opponents in primary. I just wouldn't count her out at this point, even though I wish we could.

The Benghazi scandal was more of a incident that got blown out of purportion. This email scandal if allowed to run through the media will be more damaging because the 2009 change and her firing an Ambassador for the same thing. It also doesn't help that she came off a arrogant jerk

Well if she doesn't run, the Democratic party is *****ed.

I think she'll do a fine job, but Fox News will all up on her during her presidency, even moreso than with Obama.

Well if she doesn't run, the Democratic party is *****ed.

I think she'll do a fine job, but Fox News will all up on her during her presidency, even moreso than with Obama.

I think she will do a horrible job as President. Again she possesses all the negative traits of her husband and none of the positive.

Jeb is a moderate type of conservative, who is liberal on a few things, including immigration.

So was his brother in 2000. Look how that turned out. If you look at how Bush ran in 2000 it's easy to understand how there were people that said there was no difference between him and Gore. In retrospect though...

So was his brother in 2000. Look how that turned out. If you look at how Bush ran in 2000 it's easy to understand how there were people that said there was no difference between him and Gore. In retrospect though...

Had Bill Clinton told Monica "Vacuum Mouth" Lewinsky to stop just long enough to pull the trigger on Bin Laden their wouldn't have been a 9/11 and Bush wouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Now I have a feeling he would have gone into Iraq anyways.

Disagree a bit. George is a few ticks more conservative than his brother Jeb.

Gore has become a bit of a loose cannon. I think there is a difference between Al and George on a few issues. Example: Gore was Anti gun, and it could have cost him the election.

Obama is anti gun as well. He's trying to limit certain types of ammunition.

Clinton had a great shot on Bin Laden but didn't pull the trigger. He could have crippled AlQaida before 9/11!

My comment was more of a shot at President Clinton who was a serial adulterer,

Last edited:
Clinton had a great shot on Bin Laden but didn't pull the trigger. He could have crippled AlQaida before 9/11!

a "great shot"? hardly. that "great shot" would have required the destruction of an Afghanastan town and it's 300 civilians, which is why his joint chiefs (and his conscience) advised him against it.

a "great shot"? hardly. that "great shot" would have required the destruction of an Afghanastan town and it's 300 civilians, which is why his joint chiefs (and his conscience) advised him against it.

No, actually the great shot at Bin Laden was when the Sudanese Government had him in their hands ready to hand him over to Clinton and Clinton did not take them up on, along with the Rwanda Genocide those were two things that he regretted not getting right in his Presidency.

No, actually the great shot at Bin Laden was when the Sudanese Government had him in their hands ready to hand him over to Clinton and Clinton did not take them up on, along with the Rwanda Genocide those were two things that he regretted not getting right in his Presidency.

except there's no actual proof that Sudan even offered to hand him over (though, i think it probably was offered). so, even if that offer did happen, due to the current state of US/Sudan relations, the sincerity of their commitment to this was greatly questionable. but further still, and most importantly, if that offer was made the US government at the time (this was 1996) had no legal means to detain bin laden because there wasn't even any credible evidence against him for even harming an American. So, no, that wasn't much of a "great shot" either. apparently, since the US was in no position to detain them, the Clinton administration had hoped Saudi Arabia would take him and execute him. But when Saudi Arabia refused, the best the US could do was just ask Sudan to expel him from the country...at which point Bin Laden ended up in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

He would have saved over 3000 Lives in New York by that act. Also that village was full of Taliban fighters.

Personally think Hillary did a very good job as Secretary of State apart from Benghazi, which I refuse to blame solely on her.

Think she has the most experience and also ability to be president. There is no better Democratic nominee. Everyone else mentioned in this thread is either too inexperienced, radical or simply useless. Biden has been nothing more than an advisor in his role as vice-president and he's never going to win a race going by his debates in the last election cycle. Warren is too inexperienced and radical for her to be even considered.

The emails will hurt her. They won't end her (potential) campaign, but it gives the Republicans ammunition. Maybe it's because I like her but I don't find serious problem in her using a private email server, unless there is a smoking gun on Benghazi of something.

At the moment she's the Democrat's only shot. And considering the Republicans potentially running.. Cruz, Paul, Christie and Bush.... America would be very very lucky to have Clinton in the White House.

He would have saved over 3000 Lives in New York by that act. Also that village was full of Taliban fighters.
That's an ignorant way of looking at it. Avoiding the moral discussion of sacrificing "these" people to save "those" people, Clinton didn't have the choice between this option and an unforseeable 9/11 three years into the future. The choice he had was are you willing to sacrifice 300 innocent lives to kill Bin Laden, and he was advised against it. Clinton made the right choice. Like he said himself, if he had pulled that trigger and killed 300 innocent people in order to kill Bin Laden, then he would of been no better than Bin Laden himself. The unfortunate events that followed were the result of decisions made by Osama Bin Laden, not Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
Hillary has too much baggage now. I don't think she will run.

Personally think Hillary did a very good job as Secretary of State apart from Benghazi, which I refuse to blame solely on her.
She really didn't do anything as Secretary of State. She was nothing but a mere figurehead mostly due to the extreme micromanagement of Obama's inner circle on foreign/national security policy. She was shut down many times by Obama and she left the State Department rather frustrated like many important Obama cabinet members (like Robert Gates, Leon Panetta, and Chuck Hagel).

Think she has the most experience and also ability to be president. There is no better Democratic nominee. Everyone else mentioned in this thread is either too inexperienced, radical or simply useless. Biden has been nothing more than an advisor in his role as vice-president and he's never going to win a race going by his debates in the last election cycle.
If you think that Biden was just a mere adviser to Obama as Vice President, you clearly don't know how Biden operated. Without Biden, literally nothing would have gotten done. For as much blame as the Republicans get for their inability to work with Obama (deservedly so), Obama also deserves a lot of blame for his inability to reach out to Congress. Without Biden to make deals with McConnell and Boehner, the United States would have gone over the debt ceiling, the shutdown would have lasted much longer, etc. Biden has been nothing but an integral and extremely loyal member of the Obama Administration.

Warren is too inexperienced and radical for her to be even considered.
But Warren represents a direction that many Democrats want to go. What we're seeing is a battle for the soul of the Democratic Party. A battle between the Populist Progressives (Warren, de Blasio) and the Traditional Progressives (Clinton).

The emails will hurt her. They won't end her (potential) campaign, but it gives the Republicans ammunition. Maybe it's because I like her but I don't find serious problem in her using a private email server, unless there is a smoking gun on Benghazi of something.
I don't see the e-mails as a whole as a problem for Hillary's campaign, but they represent a fundamental flaw with Clintonland and in today's day and age, I think people are going to get fed up if Hillary does not change her ways.

At the moment she's the Democrat's only shot. And considering the Republicans potentially running.. Cruz, Paul, Christie and Bush.... America would be very very lucky to have Clinton in the White House.
I would say that candidates like Joe Biden, Jim Webb, and Brian Schweitzer would be good nominees.

I love Warren, and would greatly prefer her over Hillary. But I don't think the country is currently ready to vote for her. I don't want her to run until she has a solid shot at winning, which won't be for another election cycle or two.

Gillibrand is too boring IMO.

I just notice a few people talking her up which tells me they getting her ready in the wings just incase. I do agree she might not be the most exciting person in the world but with enough money behind her, I think she has a shot. Another one I can see picking up some support if Hillary drops out would be Claire McCaskill, she definitely gets a lot of facetime nationally so that can work in her advantage.

Last edited:
What's the nicest way of putting it.....Claire McCaskill is too *****y to be a serious candidate IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"