Does it bother anyone else when a different artist does the interior then the cover?

Count me in the "I don't rightly give a s**t" camp.

See, now I think this touches on a BIG point though. When studios are supposedly trying to reach new readers so much, think of readers who AREN'T used to it, and WON'T get used to it, because they pick up a comic or two that they like the covers of and find (relatively) crap art inside, and walk away. I speak to this somewhat from experience because when I stopped reading comics for a decade or so, there were a couple times where I picked up an issue off a rack, opened it up, and put it back down.

Well if they are put off of a whole type of literature because of something like that, nobody can do much to help them. :o

Thought about it a while, and no, can't say this bothers me, either. It can be irritating when I hit a book where the cover art impresses me and the inside doesn't so much, but generally it's no big deal.

(a) I'm usually buying the book at least 50% because its premise intrigues me, or I already like the characters and I'm curious to see where the writer is taking them, so...sure, I appreciate the A-listers, but as soon as the artwork registers as competent, unless it's also extremely stylized in provoking ways, I'm likely to be fine with it.
(b) Much of what I buy these days, if it's anything I'm hotly interested in, chances are I've already seen it previewed, so I've already had time to either reconcile myself to the problem or decide not to buy it.

If the interiors are satisfying and cover is great, I don't mind it
If interiors look good and cover art is inferior, not bothersome, just confusing
If the cover is amazing and interiors are done by a bad artist it's a reason to worry

Well if they are put off of a whole type of literature because of something like that, nobody can do much to help them. :o

Beggars can't be choosers, and I think the comics medium is quickly becoming beggars. To me, this is like if they started putting out DVDs with A-list actors on the cover who don't even appear in the movie. But of course with movies that's a medium still pulling in billions every year whereas comics... not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"