Does The DCEU Rebooting Make You Less Excited For The 2023 DC Slate?

Absolutely. We're in the era of cinematic universes and there was a chance that some of this might connect to the current universe going forward, apparently with cameos being inserted as we've heard. But without that connectivity, these 4 movies amount to 4 big nothingburgers. I'll catch em on HBO Max when they inevitably drop shortly after release.

I had nothing but absolutely apathy towards the 2023 DCEU slate before any of this happened, so my opinions on those films hasn't changed much at all. Do I feel any more confident in what happens after they have come out? Not really. Would be nice if that changed with some good announcements from Gunn. The only thing I have enthusiasm for is The Batman universe Reeves is building, for what should be obvious reasons.

I certainly think DC's entire slate in 2023 will come and go like a faint fart in a breeze, as far as the vast majority will be concerned. Nobody really cares anymore. Look at Black Adam.

The whole Keaton thing is also ironic.

He walks away from a huge payday as Batman in 1994, during in much more stable time at WB.

Then he returns close to 30 years later in the midsts of WB in fighting, back biting, game of thrones drama which results in cancelled cameos, cancelled future films, shelved Batgirl ,and a one and done return as Batman in the midst of a hard reboot of the entire DC universe.

Then again, the 90s were less complicated:funny:.
7zSe.gif

alicia-silverstone-clueless.gif

4bb77f165b5d391708fa3bd8cc318ccb.gif

giphy.gif
I loved the 90’s. I yearn for corduroy pants and flannel shirts to come back into style

I can't really blame some fans for not being all that excited for the 2023 slate.

The mantra in fandom , for good or ill, the past few weeks ,has been, "tear it all down, it's not worth saving, everything's gotta go" .

So, it's hard to pivot from that to , " But you should still see these films anyway ,even though they're all part of a bad universe, and these films won't lead to sequels, even if you like them".

I get that the fact that the universe is being reset, isn't going to deter alot of fans from seeing the 2023 slate.

At the same time, I can't fault other fans who just don't think it's worth their investment in time and money.

That's unfortunately one of the problems of basically signaling a hard reboot before those final films have been released.

The reboot isn't for a few years, but WB needs still needs to make money off of the films which are finished and coming out in the next year.

WB can't just write off 4 expensive new films which are ready to go.
So the studio is in this awkward position of trying to prepare fans for everything to change, while still trying to keep them invested what's left.

I can't really blame some fans for not being all that excited for the 2023 slate.

The mantra in fandom , for good or ill, the past few weeks ,has been, "tear it all down, it's not worth saving, everything's gotta go" .

So, it's hard to pivot from that to , " But you should still see these films anyway ,even though they're all part of a bad universe, and these films won't lead to sequels, even if you like them".

I get that the fact that the universe is being reset, isn't going to deter alot of fans from seeing the 2023 slate.

At the same time, I can't fault other fans who just don't think it's worth their investment in time and money.

That's unfortunately one of the problems of basically signaling a hard reboot before those final films have been released.

The reboot isn't for a few years, but WB needs still needs to make money off of the films which are finished and coming out in the next year.

WB can't just write off 4 expensive new films which are ready to go.
So the studio is in this awkward position of trying to prepare fans for everything to change, while still trying to keep them invested what's left.

It's a mess of their own making.

Im more excited for the New DC Reboot than to have continued with the old DCEU the New possibilities are endless i hope the New DCEU can now compete against Marvel but im satisfied with just having better Movies while we wait for the New DCEU the Phoenix Joker and Pattinson Batman Movies will be here to take our cravings off as the New DCEU debuts i hope for 2023 Gunn announce the plan for the New DCEU and possible dates for the future Movies

Last edited:
Black Adam 2 Not Moving Forward Soon, Dwayne Johnson Says – The Hollywood Reporter

So it looks like The Rock is out for now. Also, Black Adam apparently went over budget and went as high as $260 million.

Is this the biggest L he's taken since his movie career really took off with the Fast & Furious movies? Develop a DC spinoff with a b-list villain for 15 years, hype it up, produce it with your company, spend $160 million on it, and try to resurrect Henry Cavill as Superman, and just have it completely blow up in your face. Ouch.

Is this the biggest L he's taken since his movie career really took off with the Fast & Furious movies? Develop a DC spinoff with a b-list villain for 15 years, hype it up, produce it with your company, spend $160 million on it, and try to resurrect Henry Cavill as Superman, and just have it completely blow up in your face. Ouch.

Maybe in terms of publicity, but there was also Baywatch.

Also, $260 million going by this new report.

The Rock should shut everyone's mouths by showing up on SmackDown this week and challenging Roman Reigns to a fight at WrestleMania.

Shazam will be interesting if they reboot it. Zach can continue playing the adult Shazam but please have Billy as 10 year old like the comics. Turn Shazam into a HBO max series that comes out every year. Supposedly Gale has a bigger role then a cameo in the Shazam sequel. I am not 100 percent sold on Gale leaving the Wonder Woman role. We just need warrior woman back for the DCU. I know it might sound corny but I would not be surprised if Gunn’s Batman has a Dick Grayson 13 year old Robin with it. I don’t see Pattinson’s Batman having a Robin side kick. So another way we can separate the too. Gunn’s Batman can be more like the BAS.

If they're going to "start from scratch" I'd prefer that the characters be already established, as opposed to going through another several films worth of origin stories.

Just introduce these versions of the characters, as opposed to showing us another WW, Aquaman, Flash, Batman etc origin film.

For characters like Green Arrow, which haven't had films yet, they can make origin films, but otherwise, please, I don't want to see Steve Trevor land on Paradise Island, Wonder Woman discovering the world of man again etc.

I like the idea of Gunn's Batman already having a Robin as opposed to having another Year One or Year Two style Batman running around.

I think it would be cool if the new Wonder Woman isn't as world weary and world traveled as Gal's was in BvS, and is still new to this like Gun's new Superman and Pattinson's Batman. Her origin story took place in modern day instead of World War One, so she is still new to man's world.

I think it would be cool if the new Wonder Woman isn't as world weary and world traveled as Gal's was in BvS, and is still new to this like Gun's new Superman and Pattinson's Batman. Her origin story took place in modern day instead of World War One, so she is still new to man's world.

They need to adapt Perezs COIE reboot arc

The 90s were Dope that's for sure:word:.
It was also the time of Batman and Superman the Animated series , Lois and Clark, Batman Returns and Forever
btas-gif.gif

superman-animated.gif

tumblr_m0mu4y17Bn1qbbw9no1_r1_250.gif
batman-dc-comics.gif

batman-val-kilmer.gif

The '90s... Michael and Kevin as Batman, and Teri as Lois! BTAS and Lois and Clark are what introduced me to Batman and Superman!

The '90s... Michael and Kevin as Batman, and Teri as Lois! BTAS and Lois and Clark are what introduced me to Batman and Superman!

Those great introductions to have , some of the best.:word:.

My introduction to Superman was the late and very great Christopher Reeve in the 1980s with Superman 2 mostly
d9af9301422705214e83ff76c1f44e27bbade06b.gif

8fd77e008aa41d2619b4dc2fc63d8b4b.gif

QuestionableBlankAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

My introduction to Batman , was a guy named Michael Keaton, in a little indie film:cwink: the Summer of 1989, called Batman.
Q7pL233.gif

tumblr_phjm95WCo01sqf5tdo4_400.gif

tumblr_n56wnmhf8i1r9nm7io1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"