Logan Does the events of "Logan" ruin "Days of Future Past" for you?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
I figured this would be a good place to discuss the topic even further. So even without going too much into spoilers (for those that have not had a chance to see it), do you guys feel like the very premise of this film (and the ending, for those that have seen it by now), ruins "Days of Future Past" for you?

I mean we went from the happy and bright future of DOFP to the events and conclusion of Logan. Will this affect on how you see DOFP from now on?

What are your thoughts?

Not for me, the easiest way to think about it is that Logan takes place a while after the ending of DOFP, both Logan and Xavier look way older than that ending so it works for me that way.

i thought it would, but not really.. something bad did happen to x-men, but it is clear a lot of them are still alive. at least that's how i understood it.

i thought it would, but not really.. something bad did happen to x-men, but it is clear a lot of them are still alive. at least that's how i understood it.

Yeah if I heard correctly only 7 people died in the Westchester incident and not all of them were X-Men members

Yeah if I heard correctly only 7 people died in the Westchester incident and not all of them were X-Men members

I haven't seen the movie yet but the trailers and marketing make it sound like mutants are dying out and that Logan doesn't seem to believe there are many or any left.

Last edited:
I no longer care.

No.

But this undermine whatever upcoming X-Men movie that will be set in the 20th century and pre-Logan.

Not at all. It doesn't really undermine anything.

I haven't seen the movie yet but the trailers and marketing make it sound like mutants are dying out and that Logan doesn't seem to believe there are many or any left.

they are dying out, but it is also perfectly clear that not all x-men are gone. seven mutants died, some of them x-men - stated in the film.

I don't think we will have any other x-men movie this further into the future. The main movies currently are in the 80s.

Maybe in the 90s something happens and the future gets changed again and the events of Logan doesn't happen the way it did.

No. Logan is more of a standalone to me. Plus it's not like Fox won't just reboot when they recast Wolverine. This film seems to be the last time with we'll see any of the original cast.

I don't think we will have any other x-men movie this further into the future. The main movies currently are in the 80s.

Maybe in the 90s something happens and the future gets changed again and the events of Logan doesn't happen the way it did.

You are forgetting Deadpool, the X-Men TV shows, X-Force and who knows if a Laura movie is next in line.

Not at all. It doesn't really undermine anything.

Yes it does. When you watch Supernova sometime in the future, do you think Xavier will have a long healthy life and would die due to old age and his beloved X-Men would be there until last breath, upon seeing Logan? I guess not.

I'm perfectly able to enjoy movies on their own terms.
What matters when you watch 'Supernova' is the story it wants to tell, and not the fate of Professor X, which is completely unrelated to what you're actually watching.

If anything it actually makes it better.

If only we could get a legacy virus movie set before Logan with the original cast, but that will never happen lol.

Nope it doesn't ruin it. Logans life has been full of suffering in seeing his loved ones die, mainly because he is practically immortal. Logan would have eventually outlived all the other X-men including his love Jean Grey.

Since 2004, there are no mutant births anymore in the world. Mutants are still alive anyway.

The Westchester Incident only killed some X-Men and some mutants in the East Coast. Not everyone.

If only we could get a legacy virus movie set before Logan with the original cast, but that will never happen lol.
We can have a legacy virus movie set before Logan with the X-Men cast we've had for 6 years though (and the newly introduced ones from Apocalypse). :p

Code:
I'm perfectly able to enjoy movies on their own terms.
What matters when you watch 'Supernova' is the story it wants to tell, and not the fate of Professor X, which is completely unrelated to what you're actually watching.

No, what you don't get is some people view these X-Men films as a string of films, a film series basically. It might be okay to you, but for the audience, it won't be. And this series has a history of underperforming prequels and another movie undermining the stakes of more prequels to come is not good.

No, what you don't get is some people view these X-Men films as a string of films, a film series basically. It might be okay to you, but for the audience, it won't be. And this series has a history of underperforming prequels and another movie undermining the stakes of more prequels to come is not good.

We can have a legacy virus movie set before Logan with the X-Men cast we've had for 6 years though (and the newly introduced ones from Apocalypse). :p

Seriously, some elements scream legacy virus big time.
+ you will see Cable and Sinister next time so my feeling is

Logan 's illness, mutant extinction and maybe crazy Xavier are linked with legacy virus and Sinister

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"