Days of Future Past Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

by starting with future sequenze you can show a tiny bit In camp,show an escape and battle with sentinles while the time travel plan Is undertaken.with Bryan Singer as fan
of Star Trek and considering first Class was Influenced by Star Trek(2009) I was thinking an opening like Star Trek Generations.

The time traveler telling the story might not allow actors from earlier films to have dialogue.

There is a danger in having the opening look like the Danger Room sequence from X3 with rubble, running and a Sentinel. They should probably avoid anything too similar as an opening for Days of Future Past.

thats exactly what Ive thought regarding the prologue idea.

I dont want another Danger room type intro.

My guess is the time traveler will be Bishop.

Yeah, he would a perfect choice for the role.

I want choose Bishop, Wolverine and Storm (if there's a 3rd character) to go back in the past.

Have any of you actully read the days of future Past storyline?It begins In future.

While there will undoudtbly be changes some of you want them to do something that Is even different from storyline.

There Is reason they are doing the storyline and It Isn't to Include Bishop a character who has long since outlived his popularty.I find It hard to believe they would Ignore
ruin the chance to create event film by bridging cast.Bishop offers little In 1960's setting.Power to absord enge firing engery weapons as a shoot first character doesn't work will good In 1960's setting.

the 1990's adaptian of the storyline which used Bishop as timetraveler started In future and Wolverine to Introduce Bishop.

Doing the Days of future Past storyline means your already doing film that Is more than just a First Class sequel.

I seriously doudt they would let anything done In Last Stand ruin making the best adaptan of Days of future Past they can.

The Idea of a future prologue I don't think Is radical crazy Idea.If they don't do going back and forth between time peroids that would be good way to do It and make sure
they get good use of actors from earlier films.

An addation benefet of starting In future Is It allows film to be viewed as both X4 and first Class 2 which Is probally why they chooce to do Days of future Past now.Since some have advocated doing a bit of Star Trek(2009) with film Contunity this film could be seen after X-Men/X2 or Trilogy otherwise it would come off as another prequel.Since some on board ravered about The Avengers on this board future sequenze helps X-Men:Days of future Past be biggest X-Men film yet.Besides without spending a bit of time In future you won't get the Sentinles on screen.

Let's just wait 2 years and see, lol.

With all the times Lauren Shueller Donnor has mentioned doing Days of Future Past I seriously doudt they won't be wanting to use core elements of the storyline.While I
could be wrong about doing the future part of storyline at begining and Bishop as Time traveler even though I seriously question what Bishop brings to 1960's setting without any energy weapons and with Havok as only engery powered mutants around.I don't think I will be wrong on them using cast members from X-Men/X2 or trilogy or lengthy sequenze In future which would allow mutants VS Sentinles on screen.

I expect the films 2 major action sequenzes to be Vs Sentinles In future and X-Men VS Brotherhood showdown to prevent assassination that will eventully lead to Sentinles.

The Idea of time travler where you don't know their allegence comes from Terminator not Days of future Past or Star Trek which could help Influence this time travel story just like First Class was Influenced by Star Trek(2009)

I haven't read the comic version of Days of Future Past. But I was watching the 90s X-Men cartoon like last month and they had a 2-part episode of Day of Future Past. It had Bishop as the time-traveler, it had Nimrod/Sentinels/Forge/Shard and Bishop went to the past to stop the killing of Senator Kelly. Bishop thought Gambit was the killer, yet it was the Brotherhood. I enjoyed those episodes even if it was just cartoon. Thats why I would like to see Bishop in this movie.

I'm so excited for this

But if I'm honest, I wish it was Matt who got to break this news (about the name definetly being Days of Future Past).

Bryan's cool but I'm always worried when someone else jumps in front of a director and reveals spoilers. Mark Millar almost did for Nolan's last Batman movie and I really think Nolan (and Vaughan for that matter) really love suprising people and it's not nice when other people reveal things too soon.

Of course, maybe Vaughan wants to concentrate on the movie and he asked Singer to do it so who knows?

I haven't read the comic version of Days of Future Past. But I was watching the 90s X-Men cartoon like last month and they had a 2-part episode of Day of Future Past. It had Bishop as the time-traveler, it had Nimrod/Sentinels/Forge/Shard and Bishop went to the past to stop the killing of Senator Kelly. Bishop thought Gambit was the killer, yet it was the Brotherhood. I enjoyed those episodes even if it was just cartoon. Thats why I would like to see Bishop in this movie.

Shards not in the Days of Future Past episode...

I want the X-Mens line-up to be Cyclops,Beast,Wolverine,Shadowcat,Storm, and Angel.

If Time Travel is involved. I would imagine they would want Wolverine doing the Time Traveling. So that they can advertise Hugh Jackman in another X-Men movie. Hugh Jackman is FOX's poster boy when it comes to X-Men after all

If Time Travel is involved. I would imagine they would want Wolverine doing the Time Traveling. So that they can advertise Hugh Jackman in another X-Men movie. Hugh Jackman is FOX's poster boy when it comes to X-Men after all

Wolverine is in the future and in the present in the comic, so hopefully that's enough Wolvie's on screen to convince Fox there's no need for Jackman to time travel...he can just play both and still get all the screen time

Didn't Hugh confirm that The Wolverine will be his last ? Or things have changed since then ?

Didn't Hugh confirm that The Wolverine will be his last ? Or things have changed since then ?

Last I heard he said he would play the character as long as he could. So sounded like hes up for more. Jackman always seems very thankful for the role and excited on any chance to play the character.

Last edited:
I remember he saying something about X4 recently, something like "I dont see it right now"

guess he was kind of wrong :D

I kind of want Wolverine to be stuck in the future/alternate timeline fighting Sentinels and holding down the fort than be the time traveler but I wouldn't oppose.

Wolverine's role In DOFP will be determinded by how large a role Hugh jackman wants to take after wrapping the wolverine.I can see them wanting him as Time Traveler.I can also see him only In future scenes requiring him only for a few days on set.

Back In 2002 Ian Mckellan filled his X2 scenes In 2 weeks.

even If Hugh only takes a small role expect to see wolverine burst others out of Intenrment camp and battle sentinles to allow the time travel plot to work.

I'd like to hope that Fox wouldn't waste Wolverine by bringing him to the 60s to knock about with the youngsters when he could be thrashing Sentinels in the future.

I hope they won't make Logan the time traveler, he is already in the 60's.

Will Nimrod be in this DOFP film and if so how will he be portrayed....

He's actually one of my favorite X-villains so I hope FOX does him Justice and not make him some hovering "toaster oven" or experimental mutant slave like they did poor Deadpool.

I also see that by using the Future Pass arch they could actually use the premise of altering time to correct a lot of the flaws in previous Fox continuity. But will they? I think Marvel would as way of avoiding another typical reboot should they get the rights back.

Last edited:
Is the guy that played Charles Xavier in First Class, going to retake the role (if Xavier is going to be anywhere around)? I really liked him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"