Does WB know what they have?

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I love seeing the Superman and Batman movies, but that's all WB seems to be doing, do they realize if they made a GreenLantern movie the right way it could be as big as StarWars.

A Flash movie could be done well.

I just get the feeling none of these will see the big screen, and it really ticks me off.

Look at Marvel, they have a movie for alot of their characters.

DC has more than just 2 characters, it's time for more, and I don't mean a GL movie with Jack Black, what do they want another Batman & Robin?!

I mean come on!

It's time for WB to pull their heads outta' their butts.:cmad:

The Dark Knight
Warner Bros. Pictures/Legendary Pictures
Director: Christopher Nolan
Script By: Christopher and Jonathan Nolan
Outline By: David Goyer
Producers: Emma Thomas, Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Michael Uslan, and Benjamin Melniker
Cast: Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth
Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon
Heath Ledger as the Joker
TBA as D.A. Harvey Dent
Release: June 2008 (expected)

Batman 3
Director: Christopher Nolan
Script By: TBA
Outline By: David Goyer
Producers: Emma Thomas, Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Michael Uslan, and Benjamin Melniker
Cast: Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth
Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon
TBA as Two-Face/Harvey Dent
Release: TBA

Superman 4
Director: Bryan Singer (expected)
Script By: Dan Harris, Michael Dougherty, Bryan Singer (expected)
Producers: Bryan Singer, Jon Peters, Gilbert Adler
Cast: Brandon Routh as Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El
Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane
Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen
Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor
Release: 2009 (expected)

Wonder Woman
Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Joss Whedon
Script By: Joss Whedon
Producers: Joel Silver
Cast: TBA

The Flash
Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Goyer
Script By: David Goyer
Producers: TBA
Cast: Ryan Reynolds as the Flash/Wally West (expected)

Green Lantern
Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: TBA
*note: this film was offered to David Goyer who opted to do the Flash instead

Shazam
New Line Cinema
Director: Peter Segal
Producers: Michael Uslan

Watchmen
Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Zack Snyder
Script By: Alex Tse
Producers: Lloyd Levin and Lawrence Gordon

Y: The Last Man
New Line Cinema
Script By: Bryan K. Vaughan

Stardust
Paramount Pictures
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Script By: Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn
Producers: Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Jane Goldman
Cast: Charlie Cox as Tristian
Clare Danes as Yvane
Michelle Pfeiffer as Lamia
Robert DeNiro as Captain Shakespere
Sienna Miller as Victoria
Ricky Gervais as Ferdy the Fence
Peter O'Toole as Lord of Stronghold
Nathaniel Parker as Dustan
Mark Strong as Septimus
Jason Flemming as Primus
Henry Cavill as Humphrey
Kate Magowan as Una
Melaine Hill as Ditchwater Sal
Release: March 7, 2007

Ex Machina
New Line Cinema
Script By: Brian K. Vaughan and Glen Brunswick

Doom Patrol
Warner Bros. Pictures
Script By: Adam Turner

Deadman
Warner Bros. Pictures
Script By: Jason Pomerance
Producers: Guillermo Del Toro, Don Murphy and Susan Montford

Books of Magic
Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Nick Terry
Script By: Matthew Greenberg
Producers: Neil Gaiman

Sgt. Rock
Warner Bros. Pictures
Script By: John Cox
Producers: Joel Silver

Death: The High Cost of Living
New Line Cinema
Director: Neil Gaiman
Script By: Neil Gaiman
Producers: Neil Gaiman

Jonah Hex
Warner Bros. Pictures
*note: this film has been in and out of various stages of pre-production for quite some time

Justice League: The New Frontier
Warner Home Video
Script By: Stan Berkowitz
Producers: Bruce Timm, Stan Berkowitz
Release: 2007/2008 (expected)
*note: this film is a DTV movie and will have Darwin Cooke's involvement

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Warner Home Video
Script By: Marv Wolfman and Tom DeSanto
Producers: Bruce Timm, Tom DeSanto
*note: this film is a DTV movie, will have George Perez's involvement, and will be done in Bruce Timm's animated style

Superman/Doomsday
Warner Home Video
Script By: Duane Capizzi
Story By: Bruce Timm and Duane Capizzi
Producers: Bruce Timm
*note: this is film is a DTV movie

Untitled Justice League movie
Warner Home Video
Producers: Bruce Timm
*note: this film is a DTV movie

As you can see Warner Bros is using their properties. But unlike Marvel, they have other franchises such as Harry Potter, Looney Toons, and other films to make

Marvel is ****ing their characters out and that's the last thing I want to happen with DC. A lot of those movies are pretty low quality in my opinion. That's the last thing I want to do. Besides... there's plenty of time in the future to do comic book movies. I think people are growing weary of them... it's becoming cliche. I'd rather they wait until the public is ready to welcome them with open arms again. Then bring on GL.

I'm still eagerly awaiting a non-Batman/Superman themed DC comics film.

i concur... i just want everything treated delicately and i want them to be received with the due amount of respect and excitement from everyone :)

Dr. Fate said:
I'm still eagerly awaiting a non-Batman/Superman themed DC comics film.

Constantine, A History of Violence, and V for Vendetta

Babs Gordon said:
Marvel is ****ing their characters out and that's the last thing I want to happen with DC. A lot of those movies are pretty low quality in my opinion. That's the last thing I want to do. Besides... there's plenty of time in the future to do comic book movies. I think people are growing weary of them... it's becoming cliche. I'd rather they wait until the public is ready to welcome them with open arms again. Then bring on GL.

I think that Warner Bros should just concentrate on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. Do the orign movies, do the sequels. Have a World's Finest movie starring Batman and Superman and a Brave and the Bold movie starring Green Lantern and Flash. And top it off with a Justice League of America movie.

Vertigo movies such as Watchmen, Y the Last Man, Ex Machina, V for Vendetta, and others should be done by New Line Cinema.

Babs Gordon said:

Exactly! WB's wants good quality superhero films.....not just rushing them off to make a fast buck.....like what the greedy Avi Arad is doing with the Marvel characters.

hippie_hunter said:
I think that Warner Bros should just concentrate on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. Do the orign movies, do the sequels. Have a World's Finest movie starring Batman and Superman and a Brave and the Bold movie starring Green Lantern and Flash. And top it off with a Justice League of America movie.

Vertigo movies such as Watchmen, Y the Last Man, Ex Machina, V for Vendetta, and others should be done by New Line Cinema.

I agree with this 100%! New Line should handle all of the Vertigo characters.

hippie_hunter said:

...basically my thoughts.

Whedon: *writes*

we'll just ignore that:o

The flash is long overdue for a big screen treatment.

I think with a classic telling of the origin GL has the most promise. It really hinges on the writer & budget as well, put if DC gave it some serious attention could be huge.

Babs Gordon said:
So then Batman and Robin was pure gold?
As a non-DC fanboy, I am only interested in seeing 4 out of all of those movies, and these include Batman, Superman, Flash, and Greenlantern movies....... and maby Wonder Woman, but I doubt that the general non comic-fan public will be interested in moves such as "Sgt. Rock"..... WTF is that???

WTFimVENOM said:
So then Batman and Robin was pure gold?
As a non-DC fanboy, I am only interested in seeing 4 out of all of those movies, and these include Batman, Superman, Flash, and Greenlantern movies....... and maby Wonder Woman, but I doubt that the general non comic-fan public will be interested in moves such as "Sgt. Rock"..... WTF is that???

Cloak and Dagger, the Power Pack, Shang-Chi, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, the Gargoyle, Sub-Mariner, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Blade. The general public really doesn't know who those characters are :o

WTFimVENOM said:

Sgt. Rock is the story of a WWII Sergent and his platoon of hard boiled soldiers. It's a war epic. And really, some of those films look like they'll be really really good. Especially The High Cost of Living. The comic was sweet, and the origional writer is heading the project.

IKnowSomeJudo said:
Vertigo, Vertigo and Vertigo.

Vertigo is just a DC imprint for mature readers (I/E, there's swearing and boobies). And John Constantine is in DCU continuity.

The Question said:
Vertigo is just a DC imprint for mature readers (I/E, there's swearing and boobies). And John Constantine is in DCU continuity.
Yeah, no ****, Q, I know. Bottom line is, VfV and AHOV are non-DCU one-shots and Constantine, altough officially part of it, rarely if ever interacts with the mainstream characters .

IKnowSomeJudo said:
Yeah, no ****, Q, I know. Bottom line is, VfV and AHOV are non-DCU one-shots and Constantine, altough officially part of it, rarely if ever interacts with the mainstream characters .

Still, they are DC movies and unrelated to Batman and Superman.

I'm actually really quite excited for The High Cost of Living. The story's great, and it's enough of a stand alone to work as a film while drawing non comic book readers to the Sandman series and related spin offs.

WB releasing a big DC flick with a vertigo one each year is a smart idea...

Exactly. Keeps the action movie/political thriller/crime drama fans happy with DC, and the more in depth, philisophical film fans happy with the Virtigo stuff (although, really, alot of the deeper themes with Constantine were lost in translation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"