Donnie Darko Sequel

PWN3R

Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans
Reaction score
Screen Daily reports that UK-based sales company Velvet Octopus will be launching sales in Cannes for S. Darko, billed as the sequel to the 2001 cult hit Donnie Darko. Fox has already taken North American rights for the $10 million-budgeted film.

Chris Fisher, who previously made Nightstalker and Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders, will direct.

Daviegh Chase reprises her role as Donnie's younger sister. The cast for S. Darko also includes Ed Westwick (Son of Rambow, Gossip Girl), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2: The Streets) and Justin Chatwin (Dragonball).

The story picks up seven years after the first film when little sister Samantha Darko and her best friend Corey are now 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are plagued by bizarre visions.

Producers have spoken to Richard Kelly about the project but he is not involved in any official capacity at this stage.

The project starts shooting May 18

Screen Daily.
Why? That's all I want to know. Why?:csad::csad:

Terrible news, although at least Kelly isn't involved.

At least Kelly isn't involved? WTF? That's another disaster sign. He created Donnie Darko.

Time for another segment of:
goodbadidea.jpg

Good to know that Kelly isn't in support.

I don't understand the point of making a sequel.... at all. Here's to the small hope that it turns out good though.

damn soebody beat me to posting it, anyway wow, these guys sure know how to piss us movie fans off, big time. Maybe the prologue will feature a fifteen minute segment assaulting the gay community? Or Uwe Boll trying to explain time travel isn't possible & only his movies are any good? Or maybe Matthew McConaughey banging my ex-girlfriend? I don't even know what else to say about this. I'm sure you guys will take care of that, though: Bring on the hate!

I can't think of anymore insults to throw, ask me again in 0.09 seconds and I'll have a few dozen more.

They shouldn't make a sequel. The first one was great enough.

I love how these guys always talk about how much they respect the source material, cite things that really didn't make the original good, and then say we all have to "have an open mind" to their soulless endeavor.

I'm all for new thoughts. Problem is, there's no "thought" behind this at all. I hope this is released and forgotten fast.

At least Kelly isn't involved? WTF? That's another disaster sign. He created Donnie Darko.

Exactly. There should never be a sequel to a film like this, if he was involved it would have worried me. Sucks they're making it sure, but at least his name won't be on it.

Can't wait for Kelly's next film, The Box.

As somebody who really dug Donnie Darko I have just one thing to say....

Why?

I smell this as being a DTDVD feature.

I mean it's more cheaper to do DTDVD features then put this on the big screen. Although Darko has a cult following, so how many people would go see if it didn't have Jake somewhere? Hence the DTDVD feature.

I'm not gonna condemn this film until I see it, you never know it might turn out Okay.

I think this is definitely a DTDVDR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"