Donnie Darko Sequel

I explained it in the Southland Tales thread before...we both lived in the same area as kids and we met through our World History teacher. We aren't the best of friends or anything like that, we talk every now and then and he even sent me a signed Southland Tales poster and shirt.

Oh that's pretty cool. :up:

donnie darko was awesome.

this sounds absolutely awful...

and it's about to get worse.

IGN: Showgirl Joins Darko

UK, May 30, 2008 - Judging from the online outcry that greeted our original story about Donnie Darko sequel S. Darko, news that Elizabeth Berkeley is joining the cast will hardly appease fans of the original.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Showgirls and Saved by the Bell star has apparently signed up to play 'a speed freak-turned-Jesus freak whose sentiments about ridding the world of its exponential sin are rivalled only by her infatuation with her dreamy pastor.'

The film, which has already started shooting in Utah, sees Daveigh Chase reprise her role as Donnie's sister Samantha, now plagued by bizarre visions that send her on a strange journey.

Briana Evigan (Step Up 2 the Street) will play Samantha's best friend, while Dragon Ball castmember Justin Chatwin and Ed Westwick also star. Donnie Darko writer-director Richard Kelly has no involvement however, with Chris Fisher helming.

damn you beat me to posting by 5min's

Elizabeth Berkley is cool & Devigh Chase is alright, but I still have no expectations for this film

Last edited:
Didn't think it could get ******* worse but it just did

from joblo.com:

thoo-evig.jpg

Briana Evigan, one of the stars of the upcoming travesty S. DARKO, spoke to MTV about her character in the movie, and some other **** that only makes it sound worse: a feat in itself, since this thing was already shaping up to be a turd of tremendous magnitude.

"It's basically about going back in time and changing something. My character is named Corey — she's a selfish, badass kind of girl. She ends up switching a moment in time to take her life — [to help] somebody else, her best friend. It goes into all different dimensions, but it's really about turning something around for somebody else, and being able to go back and have another chance."

"I have the power too... I'm [Samantha Darko's] best friend. ... In ways, with me and her, it's like two girls on a road trip. It's a really cool, fun script. But it's darker, and I hope everybody understands it... We just come back [in time] and change what happened in the first one."

There's nothing that says respectful like a disowned sequel that is built on the premise of undoing everything that was done in the first movie. Maybe they could rename this one ***** YOU RICHARD KELLY. Is there time for that? This thing is only being filmed right now, so I'm pretty sure there's plenty of room here. Someone needs to get on the phone, stat. Let's do this right, guys.

http://www.joblo.com/s-darko-news

This is just such a bad idea...I know I already say that once but it is a really bad idea.

:csad:

wow.

if they want to make a sequel, whatever, that's hollywood for ya... but now the characters are going back in time and changing what happened in the first movie? and wait, they're going back in time?! i think the concept of the original donnie darko totally went over the heads of the people behind this sequel and they've basically turned it into the butterfly effect.

what a shame.

:csad: Why is this getting made?

Because humanity must be punished for its sins? :csad:

I wonder if they'll at least have the decency to set it in the 90s, seeing it takes place 8 years, or whatever, after the first one.

Either way, I would much rather have a jet engine fall on my house, than be subjected to this.

:csad: Why is this getting made?

because god hates us and cant get over original sin (which happened thousands of years ago) and punishes us w/crap like this every year... each time an unnecesary sequel happens (From Dusk Till Dawn 2, Bloodrayne 2, countless Leprecaun sequels, House of the Dead 2 etc etc etc) god decides to make another sequel after sequel.... so yeah

its god punishing us.

I'm not particularly excited about this film. I love Donnie Darko, and the fact that they are changing the first film's history (in their story, at least) is disrespectful toward the original film. :down

I really like Donnie Darko but this has bad sci-fi film written all over it.

I'm just waiting for Casper Van Dien or Mario Pebbles to be added to the cast list to make it official.

This is going to suck and from that interview a few post up it doesn't sound good. When she said: We just come back [in time] and change what happened in the first one."

Oh, GOD!! What are they going to change?? Nothing really big happened to Donnie's sister in the first one. now i know this will be crap.

This may have been posted before but on the wikipedia page they have a poster for the Donnie Darko sequel, i dont know if its official or if you already know, i want to know if you have any news on the poster.

S._Darko.jpg

First Movie was better and the poster was awesome, this is just stupid.

lame poster
lame movie
lame idea
lame Fox Studios
lame, lame, lame, lame

This just further proves that Fox knows what to do with their promising movies: f*** them up with horrible sequels.

This just further proves that Fox knows what to do with their promising movies: f*** them up with horrible sequels.

AvP anyone?

Ugh. Give me a .50 cal handgun and send me into Fox Studios and I'll do the spring cleaning.

agreed...
sure theyve had SOME good sequels (Die Hard 2, 3 and 4... X2...) but thats all i can think of off the top of my head

The trailer looks promising. May be a nice stand alone film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"