Dont be wearing no grillz to school boy!

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711/ap_on_fe_st/grillz_earlobes

Texas school district bans grillz

1 hour, 39 minutes ago

ARLINGTON, Texas - The school district here has expanded its dress codes to include mouths — and earlobes.
ADVERTISEMENT

Students may no longer wear mouth jewelry known as "grillz" — shiny teeth caps — or the earlobe-stretching practice known as "gauging."

"The district is having to respond to fads because they've become distracters or a safety hazard for those around them," said Malcolm Turner, the district's executive director of student services.

The nearby Irving, Grand Prairie and DeSoto districts also ban grillz, and some also address gauging — the process of placing increasingly large items in the ears to stretch the lobes.

But students said the body modification is simply self-expression.

"Really, a grill is just like an earring. It's fashion," said junior Devonte Wright, 16.

But school officials said they hoped to teach students that life would require them to follow specific regulations in specific settings.

"We want to instill in them a sense of modesty and a sense of community," said school board trustee Gloria Pena. "We're preparing them for the work force, and in the work force there are rules."

Ridiculous.

School is for learning not some kind of catwalk for a fashion show.

I can maybe understand grillz, as that could be distracting as hell, and they're removable, but what's wrong with gauging? If you want to do it, that's your business.

noooooo!!! I can'twear my grill to skoolooolllll!! :eek: :mad: :down :( :(

:rolleyes:

gz.jpg

Gaaaahhh. It's distractin' me. I can't remember what events led up to the Bay of Pigs fiasco!

About 35 Congolese children died mining the diamonds that go into each grill. :o

C.F. Kane said:
About 35 Congolese children died mining the diamonds that go into each grill. :o

Now their sacrifice will be for nothing.:(

Wilhelm-Scream said:
gz.jpg

Gaaaahhh. It's distractin' me. I can't remember what events led up to the Bay of Pigs fiasco!
Paull Wall and Slim Thug shot somebody and stole his bacon. When the united states government found out, the outlawed all rap music and all pig-related articles because they obviously lead to violence. Freedom Fighters in the hills of Northern Michigan, created an enclave pig farm which they called "The Bay of Pigs" and when Kennedy Found out he sent Lyndon Johnson to shoot them all but Eisenhower was there and stopped him, and reintroduced pigs to society, but only for responsible adults over 25 years of age.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Don't be a fashionista all the time. Be a SCHOLAR.

Why cant I learn and look fabulous at the same time?:( :up:

Ronny Shade said:
Paull Wall and Slim Thug shot somebody and stole his bacon. When the united states government found out, the outlawed all rap music and all pig-related articles because they obviously lead to violence. Freedom Fighters in the hills of Northern Michigan, created an enclave pig farm which they called "The Bay of Pigs" and when Kennedy Found out he sent Lyndon Johnson to shoot them all but Eisenhower was there and stopped him, and reintroduced pigs to society, but only for responsible adults over 25 years of age.

Yup, thats what went down.

Darthphere said:
Why cant I learn and look fabulous at the same time?:( :up:

Because most kids nowadays consider fashion as a reason to excude many people from things or to seperate each other into groups. What happens when some kids can afford items that are fashionable and someone else can't, that "other" person has become as outcast or even considered less than human simply because they could not afford the newest hippest clothing? Quite sad.

Ronny Shade said:
Lyndon Johnson is ICE cold. Act like you know.:up:

Skullbearer said:
Because most kids nowadays consider fashion as a reason to excude many people from things or to seperate each other into groups. What happens when some kids can afford items that are fashionable and someone else can't, that "other" person has become as outcast or even considered less than human simply because they could not afford the newest hippest clothing? Quite sad.

Wow, is this a new development within the social circles of todays school children? I had no idea this was going on.

Skullbearer said:

I have no idea what school you went to, but this made no sense to me.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Lyndon Johnson is ICE cold. Act like you know.:up:

Elvis: Lyndon B Johnson is dead
JFK: Well, that ain't gonna stop him!

Skullbearer said:
Can't we just enact legislation mandating that the government must provide standard grillz to all citizens so no one gets their feelings hurt.

And big screen TVs too. I always feel like s*** when I see this millionaire's TV here at work.

Excuse me if im generalizing/stereotyping, but most kids who wear grillz are from the "ghetto" arent they? At least thats how it was in my school.

Darthphere said:
Wow, is this a new development within the social circles of todays school children? I had no idea this was going on.

As a high schooler, I can honestly say that I have never been excluded because of what I have worn, nor have I ever heard of this happening.

It sounds like something fabricated for an after school special.

Flexo said:
As a high schooler, I can honestly say that I have never been excluded because of what I have worn, nor have I ever heard of this happening.

It's not what you wear, it's what you like and how you act

Flexo said:

Well my post was sarcastic. But yeah, it does seem that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"