Don't Breathe

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/afm-sam-raimi-evil-dead-745159
AFM: Sam Raimi, 'Evil Dead' Remake Director Reteam for Thriller 'A Man in the Dark'
12:12 PM PST 10/30/2014 by Austin Siegemund-Broka

Fede Alvarez also co-wrote 'Man In The Dark' with his 'Evil Dead' writing partner Rodo Sayagues

Sam Raimi is reteaming with the duo behind last year's remake of his cult horror classic Evil Dead. He and Rob Tapert will produce the thriller A Man In the Dark, directed by Fede Alvarez and written by Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues, through their Ghost House Pictures.

A Man in the Dark centers on a group of three teens who execute perfectly planned home robberies. Their final target is a reclusive blind man who's hiding millions of dollars, but when they break into his house, they find themselves up against a psychopath with his own secrets.

Ghost House's J.R. Young, Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake will executive produce, and Eric Westerman will oversee the project for the studio. It will be shopped at AFM for international sales by Drake and Kahane's Good Universe. WME Global will conduct the North American sale.

Alvarez and Sayagues previously co-wrote the well-regarded Evil Dead remake, with Alvarez directing. Raimi, who wrote and directed the 1981 original, produced the remake with original trilogy star Bruce Campbell and with Tapert through Ghost House.

The pair broke in with their short Panic Attack!, in which giant robots attack Montevideo, Uruaguay. They're planning more Evil Dead movies with Ghost House, with talk of completing a new standalone trilogy.

They're repped by WME and Anonymous Content, and Alvarez is represented by Jackoway Tyerman.

Dan Freedman negotiated the Man in the Dark deals on behalf of Ghost House.
I really loved the new Evil Dead, so I'm in.

Gonna be great, I loved ED13 and this should be awesome as well.

Jane Levy. :hrt:

Trailer

Last edited:
when the blind guy looks like Quaritch turn around and walk away.

How didn't I know about this movie until now? Loved the new Evil Dead and this looks superb. About time Jane Levy was in another movie as well.

Someone needs to change the name of the thread.

Surprised how inactive the thread for this movie (Don't Breathe) is.

I dont like horror (or does this count as a thriller) much. But the premise of this was very interesting so I went to check it out. If we're counting this as a horror, this is the first horror movie I've seen in theaters.

Really well made. Really interesting idea. The "twist" was crazy/ The acting and characters were good and better than what I see in most horror movies (weak characters is one of the reasons I dislike a lot of horrors). I loved how the "villain" actually had a decent motivation

My main problems were mostly problems I have with some horrors. At times characters can be stupid. Jump scares. At the end after the horrific events characters are still acting like they didn't just go through a traumatic event. [BLACKOUT]Most characters are killed off just the rack up a body count[/BLACKOUT]

The smaller problems were that I wish we got a little more from the characters. How did Alex link up with Rocky and her BF. He was so different than either of them. I also wish we got a little more resolution to the romantic subplot. I get that it was meant to be motivation for Alex, but I think they couldve just as well just said they were good friends. But I dont know where any of that wouldve fit in to the movie.

But I still thought this was really cool. I'll pick this up on Blu Ray

Last edited:
This really surprised me, every now and again a movie comes along that puts a fresh spin on a genre movie and manages to make it feel special, this was that film, taking a number of conventions and putting a twist on them.

Everything was shot so tightly and conveyed a sense of claustrohpobic tension and visceral intensity, and they didn't drag anything out too long. The scene with Rocky in the car facing off with the Rottweiler was incredible.

The camera work was straight up De Palma. It was fantastic.

Wow, less than a handful of people watched this film on this forum? This movie was fantastic. It exceeded my expectations in every way. I was honestly expecting the blind man to be a [blackout]demon[/blackout] but when you find out what his deal truly was...hot damn. The film was a beautiful film to look at as well. It was tense and had a sense of dread throughout. Fantastic film that I'm sure will gain a huge following in the near future. And I loved that [blackout]the blind man got away with it in the end. That made his actions even more unsettling.[/blackout]

This movie was indeed awesome. Just a fun twist on the genre, and I loved the big gross out borderline campy moment in the third act (if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about). The only thing I regret is not seeing seeing this in a packed theater. I did see it on the big screen, but in a pretty empty theater towards the end of its run this summer.

Fede Alvarez is 2 for 2 so far in my book.

Last edited:
I love that for a good chunk of the film, you're probably wondering why you should cheer these characters over the Blind Man.... Then it takes a hard left turn.

I love that for a good chunk of the film, you're probably wondering why you should cheer these characters over the Blind Man.... Then it takes a hard left turn.

eh. they all had it coming.

Wow, less than a handful of people watched this film on this forum? This movie was fantastic. It exceeded my expectations in every way. I was honestly expecting the blind man to be a [blackout]demon[/blackout] but when you find out what his deal truly was...hot damn. The film was a beautiful film to look at as well. It was tense and had a sense of dread throughout. Fantastic film that I'm sure will gain a huge following in the near future. And I loved that [blackout]the blind man got away with it in the end. That made his actions even more unsettling.[/blackout]

yeah but how did [blackout]he get away with it. even if they had rushed him to the hospital, someone would have noticed the dungeon.[/blackout]

yeah but how did [blackout]he get away with it. even if they had rushed him to the hospital, someone would have noticed the dungeon.[/blackout]

Yeah but [blackout]there's nothing that could be pinned on him. He closed the loop by not reporting the stolen money or that Rocky even broke in and escaped. Nothing would stick.[/blackout]

Well...on that last part, something definitely would.

:o

Saw this weeks ago and loved it. Though i did think it was ridiculous that the [BLACKOUT]blind man surivived[/BLACKOUT].

The couple seated beside me came up with a name for the sequel....Just Breathe..:D

I had totally forgotten about this movie. There's actually a game with a similar premise on Steam. :hmm

This movie was horrible & we were supposed to root for a bunch of lazy *******s that were lazy normal people that should have no problem getting work

I liked it, easily one of my favorites horror movies of the year. That, The Witch, and Hush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"