No Way Home "Don't Cast That Spell" - The Wong Thread

Reaction score
So perhaps maybe Dr. Strange should have listened to Wong? As for the actor playing Wong, good for him that he's appearing in 2 mcu movies this year before Madness of the Multiverse.

Wong seems to be being positioned for something.

From the Shang Chi spoilers this week to this trailer it seems the MCU is going to see Wong in even more prominence.

Wong looked very pissed of at DS. He also packed his bags and seemed like he was on his way to Kamar Taj.

Wong looked very pissed of at DS. He also packed his bags and seemed like he was on his way to Kamar Taj.
If you could essentially teleport would you really need to pack bags?

If you could essentially teleport would you really need to pack bags?
tumblr_orgi5rPMAP1v4nzkvo1_400.gif

I'm guessing he's only in that scene throughout the entire movie.

So what's the Wong chronology between NWH and Shang Chi? Does NWH take place before or concurrently with Shang Chi and Wong is leaving to go to Fight Club? Or does Shang Chi take place before NWH and Wong is off to someplace else?

At any rate I guess Wong's appearance in the post credits of Shang Chi makes more sense now.

So what's the Wong chronology between NWH and Shang Chi? Does NWH take place before or concurrently with Shang Chi and Wong is leaving to go to Fight Club? Or does Shang Chi take place before NWH and Wong is off to someplace else?

At any rate I guess Wong's appearance in the post credits of Shang Chi makes more sense now.
Yeah since he's technically the Sorcerer Supreme, but it still begs the question of where the hell Wong was during Endgame if he didn't die in the snap. He could have at least helped with the time heist.

Yeah since he's technically the Sorcerer Supreme, but it still begs the question of where the hell Wong was during Endgame if he didn't die in the snap. He could have at least helped with the time heist.

Well in that case we can just assume he was busy doing something else, same as any other time a hero doesn't show up when it'd be useful for them to show up.

It'd be a good subject for a short though. Do they still make shorts for the home media releases of MCU movies? I haven't been paying attention to that.

Well in that case we can just assume he was busy doing something else, same as any other time a hero doesn't show up when it'd be useful for them to show up.

It'd be a good subject for a short though. Do they still make shorts for the home media releases of MCU movies? I haven't been paying attention to that.
The Avengers was pretty much an all hands on deck operation in the five year period between the Snap and the Time Heist. I have a hard time believing that Wong was too busy to at least be on the council that Natasha had going with Rhodey, Carol, Okoye, Nebula and Rocket, especially being the new Sorcerer Supreme. Of course there's no evidence to say that he wasn't, especially given how he's right there with the Avengers in the Shang-Chi credits scene but it still strikes me as odd that neither Tony nor Bruce, who both were fully aware that Wong was capable of handling otherworldly threats based on his skillset, wouldn't think of contacting him for help with the Time Heist. In a practical sense, he'd still be more useful in that operation than like, half the team. :o

I guess the real world explanation is simply that they decided Wong surviving the Snap and becoming the new Sorcerer Supreme made for a more interesting storyline for him moving forward given that they never gave any concrete evidence in the past as to whether or not he survived the Snap.

As for your second point, I think it was recently announced that they might be making more Marvel One Shots for Disney+. I'd be all about the further adventures of Wong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"