No Way Home All the villains, but only two (invisible) heroes?

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
There's kinda two elements to this post, one of which is entirely Spider-Man related, and then the stranger element which I'll expand on in a moment!

We know (from the trailer) that Pete goes to visit Stephen to have his identity erased from public knowledge due to what transpired with Rey Mysterio. We also know that Pete seems to interfere with the spell, which results in these various villains falling through the multiverse.

Upon viewing the second trailer for NWH, I couldn't help but ponder the rhetorical question of why it's only Spider-Man villains that're appearing. Surely if cracks have formed in the fabric of the multiverse then other heroes and villains from all over should come through?

An alternate Red Skull, an alternate Ultron, or even an alternate Thanos - along with the likes of Captain Carter etc. But no. It's just Spidey-villains, and likely other Spider people.

My first, and I suppose only direct question is how or why? My second proposal, or I suppose speculation at this point is that Peter Parker isn't responsible for any of this. Wanda is.

We know multiverse of madness is due out next year, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if the events of Doctor Strange 2 aren't taking place in the same time frame that NWH is.

There'd be an established connection (with the multiverse) and it would also explain the good doctors' absence in help dealing with the Sinister Six; he's otherwise occupied with whatever Wanda is doing.

Plausible? Or am I reaching?

Wanda hasn't done anything at this point to screw up the multiverse. The reason why its only Spidey villains coming through is become the spell was specific to Peter's ID.

Wanda hasn't done anything at this point to screw up the multiverse.
She had that big book at the end of WandaVision though, I think it's safe to say she was playing around with dark magic that she maybe doesn't fully understand.

We don't know how long it was between the end of that show and the start of NWH. Ruling her out entirely seems a little premature, especially as we know she's going to be involved with the Doctor Strange sequel.

The reason why its only Spidey villains coming through is become the spell was specific to Peter's ID.
Thats a possible reason, I'll grant you that, but then why wouldn't Strange be aiding Peter in the battle?

Ruling her out entirely seems a little premature, especially as we know she's going to be involved with the Doctor Strange sequel.

Which is why I said at this point. So far what we saw in Loki has had a greater impact on the multiverse than anything we saw in WandaVision.

Thats a possible reason, I'll grant you that, but then why wouldn't Strange be aiding Peter in the battle?
We won't know until see the movie. We don't have have information at this point to go off of.

Presumably he’s busy actually trying to repair the wormholes? I assumed that was what the final clip from trailer was implying. Maybe he needs to focus on a new spell, and the Spider-Men are keeping the villains from interfering

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"