No Way Home The Runes of Kof-Kol: Whose fault was it that the spell got corrupted?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
We are approaching a year that this film came out, holy moley looking back it that movie in theaters was still a once in a lifetime experience. But the dust is beyond settled now and I've had a lot of conversations with people who are on both sides of this question.

Whose fault was it that the Runes of Kof-Kol got corrupted?

Was it Dr. Strange's? Or Peter Parker's? And this isn't a case of "they're equally to blame" - even if you believe that, then I believe there is still someone who could be blamed more. And that person in this case is Peter. You can talk all day about how Stephen should have told him more about the boundaries, conditions, nuances, and overall reach the power of the spell has, but Stephen was the one casting it.

And every time I have seen the movie (I've seen it many times by now), I always feel the same way, that Peter carelessly and selfishly continues to disturb Stephen who was casting it. After a certain point, Peter should know the fire that he's playing with but continues to run his mouth anyway. The first time he asked Stephen to change it was for MJ, then Ned, then he swore to be done but then continues on.

For this film, I interpret "with great power comes great responsibility" to mean Spider-Man have the power of a powerful friend in Dr. Strange, and him taking responsibility for the power was accepting the consequences of the corrupted spell and solving the problem by having his powerful friend cast another spell, at the cost of his whole past being expunged.

What do you think?

Both of them, and Sylvie killing He Who Remains. But no one knows that...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"