Don't copy Marvel. Up the scale. Make a CRISIS or KINGDOM COME movie!

Superman - Henry Cavill
(His technical immortality leaves a little wiggle room on the age I feel)
henry-cavill-man-of-steel-superman-suit-large.jpg

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Ed Harris
appaloosa.jpg

No way Opti! Superman does age in KC. He's got a bit of gray in the beard and hair... and he's "paunchier." He does not look like a young man.

And how could you forget Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne? He'd be perfect for a broken, aged bat-invalid.

As much as I adore Kingdom Come, I don't think it could be pulled off live. It's just too epic in scope not to mention the amount of characters. I'd rather see DC do a Justice League kinda thing first.

Ed Harris is mad as! Perfect for an older Batman!

Where's that video where he throws hisndrink over?! :D

Leave each character on its own.

Wonder Woman is the immortal. She hasn't aged by Kingdom Come. Superman has.

tumblr_lydapwdkOk1qjzyxso1_500.jpg

Alex ross' wonder woman has always looked a little too masculine for my taste.

All the animated movies are good place to start to make a live action movies, for example Superman Batman: Apocalypse.

Exactly!

The team-ship has sailed and Marvel owns it.

Anything JL will look like an attempt to copy Marvel.

TA had the perfect storm - first team superhero film, buildup of solo films, beloved characters and to boot Marvel is seen as "it" when it comes to superhero films.

TA is on the road to 1.3 - 1.4 plus billion WW.

WB isn't going to try IMO to compete on the team film level. The odds are it would be a disaster and especially a rushed JL fim in the next 2, 3 or 4 years.

Plus TA2 could be bigger than TA given patterns.

Eventually WB will do JL but only after the TA "madness" has passed. That will be years - IMO JL is a decade away at best.

I agree with you. A Justice League movie will probably be released at some point, but only after The Avengers has ran it's course, so to speak. The thing with an ensemble cast is that you can still only have enough characters in the movie for each of them to be able to contribute something to the plot and dialog. It seems to me that a movie can't have hundreds of superheroes in it and have it make any sense at all. It would be a turd, most likely.

Alex ross' wonder woman has always looked a little too masculine for my taste.
That's why I went with Beckinsale :woot:. I thought I was going to use Jon Hamm for Red Robin, then decided against it so I'd probably go with Jon Hamm for Superman in retrospect.

I agree with you. A Justice League movie will probably be released at some point, but only after The Avengers has ran it's course, so to speak. The thing with an ensemble cast is that you can still only have enough characters in the movie for each of them to be able to contribute something to the plot and dialog. It seems to me that a movie can't have hundreds of superheroes in it and have it make any sense at all. It would be a turd, most likely. .

It's indeed the big picture.

WB will likey re-evaluate it's committment to frequent DC films. Given their failure with these films in light of Marvel's/Sony's success with such films.

To whit, TA will likely hit a billion WW today (Sunday). I think that makes it the fastest film to do so ever.

I's the first Marvel film to do this and the 5th Disney film to do the same.

Sales of Cap and Thor DVD's were hot to begin with but both jumped 50% this week. It's synergy and it speaks to a clear advantage to a shared universe.

Cap and Thor will ultimately outsell SR and GL on DVD. No surprise. They are better films.

The key is that both Cap and Thor made a slight profit in their theatre runs. The DVD sales are pur profit for Marvel and those sales are huge.

SR lost close to 100 illion in it's theatre run and GL lost more than SR. After DVD sales SR turned a slight profit. GL not so.

Cap and Thor have turned into far, far more profitable investments for Marvel than Superman andGL were for WB.

That is what WB will be discussing over the next months IMO and not how quickly they can copy TA and get a JL film out.

Last edited:
I'd rather they wait till this current crop of marvel films are done with. no need to turn this into a superhero arms race.

ЯɘvlveR;23238149 said:
I'd rather they wait till this current crop of marvel films are done with. no need to turn this into a superhero arms race.

Exactly!

WB is not going there. In the best of worlds DC films will be a small component of WB's overall film products. Not a major blip on their radar screen.

I would not be surprised to see WB back away from 150/200 million DC films in favor of 100 million films such as Lobo. No more A-listers aside from Batman, but a focus on the B-listers. For the immediate future anyway.

I'd rather they make an original movie. Get those comic book and script writers into a room and pump out a movie. I hate this obsession with adapting a finite story. We know how it starts and we know how it ends. Something like LOTR is successful because it's open to interp because its pure text.

Also why can't the A listers have a limited budget. I think X-men FC taught us that a strong story can make up for a smaller budget. A character like the Flash doesn't need 200 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"