Doom Eternal

Really! Wow you’re brave. I’m playing on the easiest setting and every now and then I’m sweating on that too! Geez it’s fun though, like the whole aesthetic, the music everything. What a triumph

Really! Wow you’re brave. I’m playing on the easiest setting and every now and then I’m sweating on that too! Geez it’s fun though, like the whole aesthetic, the music everything. What a triumph

That's what I played for Doom 2016 but it being called Too Young To Die made me feel ashamed and embarrassed. So I stepped it up for Eternal but sometimes it makes me want to switch back

Last edited:
I started on hurt me plenty, but was getting wrecked so I switched to Too Young To Die. :hehe:

whelp

we have official confirmation that the Doom Slayer is indeed the original Doomguy

whelp

we have official confirmation that the Doom Slayer is indeed the original Doomguy

So then
Doom 2016 and Eternal are actually sequels to the old games or you mean they're remakes with the original character?
[/Spoilers]

So then
Doom 2016 and Eternal are actually sequels to the old games or you mean they're remakes with the original character?
[/Spoilers]
They're sequels. There's a reason Doom 64 was a pre-order bonus.

Well I'll be damned. That's awesome

So I saw that this one is an easy platinum just like the first game. Anyone wish to exchange psn tags for MP when my copy arrives?

IMG-7ba07bdb-3f62-403c-84ed-1eefe876cceb.png

I guess that confirms a lot of speculation.

I wanna click those spoiler tags so bad. But for some reason I wanna be surprised and play through it all. Which is rare for me since I am usually a spoiler junkie.

I won't tell you anything beyond the spoiler does not directly spoil Doom Eternal itself. It is a big deal though.

I'm even enjoying reading the codex files

Last edited:
I’ve finished it! Absolutely epic, can’t wait for the album to appear on Spotify. Adored it but I did think it was slightly too long. I was starting to think “more demons!”

anyway I have a question. When you pause you can see how many points you can use to upgrade your suit and runes but what’s the icon in the top right of the screen but the far left of those icons? I have like 26 of something and I have no idea how to spend them

I’ve finished it! Absolutely epic, can’t wait for the album to appear on Spotify. Adored it but I did think it was slightly too long. I was starting to think “more demons!”

anyway I have a question. When you pause you can see how many points you can use to upgrade your suit and runes but what’s the icon in the top right of the screen but the far left of those icons? I have like 26 of something and I have no idea how to spend them
The batteries for the fortress of Doom?
Final thoughts:
I love the game over all, but have mixed feelings on delegating the chainsaw to a glorified reload animation and the crucible taking the chainsaws place. I'm also kinda let down that there's not a proper melee combat system despite giving the Slayer a blade on his fist and nerfing the standard melee attack wasn't the best choice in my opinion either, but the expirence was still largely what I wanted. 9/10

Last edited:
Still waiting for it to ship to me since I pre-ordered it on Amazon Prime (coronavirus delays). I have a question.

Do any of the codex entries explain how DoomGuy made it to Sentinel Prime? The implication is that DOOM 2016 essentially continues the story from where DOOM 64 or perhaps the DOOM 2 expansions left off.

Basically, DOOM 3 has been wiped from canon going by this.

Still waiting for it to ship to me since I pre-ordered it on Amazon Prime (coronavirus delays). I have a question.

Do any of the codex entries explain how DoomGuy made it to Sentinel Prime? The implication is that DOOM 2016 essentially continues the story from where DOOM 64 or perhaps the DOOM 2 expansions left off.

Basically, DOOM 3 has been wiped from canon going by this.
I'm not quite finished with the game yet, I've maybe two more major combat encounters before the last boss but so far they just talk about how they found him outside the city, raving mad and going on about demons but I can confirm Doom 3 and Final Doom are non canon

Final thoughts:
I love the game over all, but have mixed feelings on delegating the chainsaw to a glorified reload animation and the crucible taking the chainsaws place. I'm also kinda let down that there's not a proper melee combat system despite giving the Slayer a blade on his fist and nerfing the standard melee attack wasn't the best choice in my opinion either, but the expirence was still largely what I wanted. 9/10

nah I’ve spent all of them. I really have no idea. What a puzzle. Thanks anyway. I quite liked the chainsaw although I would have liked to use it more on larger enemies

I'm not quite finished with the game yet, I've maybe two more major combat encounters before the last boss but so far they just talk about how they found him outside the city, raving mad and going on about demons but I can confirm Doom 3 and Final Doom are non canon

wait so TNT Evilution and Plutonia Experiment are non-canon now?

I got my copy early yesterday but barely had time to crack it. I did use my code for Doom 64 so I have that as well.

I got played the first chapter yesterday and bad a blast. I'm on Too Young to Die Mode and don't care. I'm not gonna go make anything hard for myself. I will say though that ammo seems scare.

I got played the first chapter yesterday and bad a blast. I'm on Too Young to Die Mode and don't care. I'm not gonna go make anything hard for myself. I will say though that ammo seems scare.
I was pretty hopeless on the old Doom games at the higher difficulties lol. This one seems like a visual marvel and I want to take everything in properly rather than hiding in a cupboard for most of it.

Final thoughts:
That does suck a bit but glad you enjoyed the rest of it. :up:

Chainsaw is mandatory in this game. it is your reload which is why it regenerates. If you hoard fuel to take out larger enemies, you're gonna have a bad time (at least on the harder difficulties)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"