Iron Man 3 Downey's last?

You guys think Peter Facinelli would make a good Tony Stark?

He sort of Resembles Stark from the Comics

Peter-Facinelli-10387.jpg

0212_tony-stark_400x280.jpg

Before people start decrying him due to his role in the Twilight films...

This guy has fairly good range as an actor and I could see this working pretty well.

Their are literally hundreds of other marvel characters they could bring to the big screen. We don't need another solo iron man for awhile. Maybe 5-10 years we could do another solo but my god lets see some other characters.

Speak for yourself. I need about twenty more Iron Man movies, especially if they're as good as this one seems to be. :woot:

Before people start decrying him due to his role in the Twilight films...

This guy has fairly good range as an actor and I could see this working pretty well.

Yeah I want no part of this guy ruining iron man. And that's what would happen.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it but the tag line says tony stark will return not iron man will return

Who's to say that he appears in avengers 2 but not in any form of a suit

Maybe I'm just over thinking it but the tag line says tony stark will return not iron man will return

Who's to say that he appears in avengers 2 but not in any form of a suit
I think it's being more in line with how Tony sees himself now. He's Tony first and Iron Man second when before it was the reverse.

Iron Man is a good gig for RDJ because he doesn't need to bulk up nor fit into a spandex, since the suits are CGI. He can just do a little stunt here and there, and mostly just appear as himself. So I can definitely see him playing Tony Stark into his 50's, as long he keeps himself in shape. The question is whether he would want to, and I believe he does, not just for the paycheck but also Iron Man pretty much saved his career so he probably felt he owes it for his success.

Iron Man is a good gig for RDJ because he doesn't need to bulk up nor fit into a spandex, since the suits are CGI. He can just do a little stunt here and there, and mostly just appear as himself. So I can definitely see him playing Tony Stark into his 50's, as long he keeps himself in shape. The question is whether he would want to, and I believe he does, not just for the paycheck but also Iron Man pretty much saved his career so he probably felt he owes it for his success.
The only question for him is does he feel like playing Tony forever but kind of exhausting where he can take the character's story in the limited time he has left as a very marketable actor with a short career left.

The only question for him is does he feel like playing Tony forever but kind of exhausting where he can take the character's story in the limited time he has left as a very marketable actor with a short career left.

Well at this point, I don't think anyone really expects him as much to make another solo Iron Man film. If anything, from what I've read, people are more interested in just seeing him now reprise his role within the Avengers films; at least for one more outing, where he wouldn't have to film as much as he would normally do for a solo Iron Man film.

Downey should step down after Avengers 2. He'll be 50 years old by then.

Well it seems that RDJ does want to be done with Tony Stark in the near future. We all know he can't do these movies forever and I don't think he wants to be known only as Tony Stark/Iron Man for the rest of his acting career. I think Marvel and fans should let Robert go after Avengers 2. If he wants to do more iron man movies after Avengers 2 awesome, if not he still had a amazing run with the character.

I can see rdj stop playing tony by avengers 2 he could definitely have a lot smaller role in next Avengers. maybe with the rumors of cheadle joining avengers 2 maybe we will see cheadle take the iron man mantle

Tony Stark will return is a pretty vague tagline ;) .

Avengers 2 role may be a smaller role than I had imagined. No way does it look like he will come back in Avengers 3 based on these quotes, outside of a cameo appearance. I think he should make a brief appearance in the beginning of A2, and then return in the final act. Could be a nice send off to the character. Leave IM out in A3.

Not sure why people aren't making a bigger deal about...
...the kid character from the movie, Haley.

Yes, it is setting things up for WAAAAY down the road, but this is Marvel, after all. Who's to say they aren't thinking 10 years ahead?

Nobody want to see a greying and wrinkled Tony Stark. RDJ still has it, but time catches up with us all. I just wouldn't recast the character until the next trilogy of films, which should be at least a decade from now.

Personally, I'm not interested in seeing another actor in the role of Tony Stark. My emotional investment is in the character as portrayed by Downey Jr. This is not to say that another talented actor couldn't do a fine job but - if he is recast - for me, that investment is lost.

If that's what it comes to, I would write him out of this iteration of the MCU. I'm not naïve, however, and I know this is not the route that Marvel will take (Feige himself has said so).

As for whether I think this will happen - As the credits rolled, it did feel very much like this could be his last outing. I was encouraged by the post-credits scene, however - [BLACKOUT]it feels as though the Stark-Banner (and, by that, I mean Downey Jr.-Ruffalo) relationship has plenty of mileage left in it.[/BLACKOUT]

In addition, for me, Phase Two feels very much like a fresh start - and why start something you don't intend to finish? The interview with Joss on the red carpet encouraged me further, and I still have great hope that Robert will be an integral part of Avengers 2.

He's getting older, which means he's not going to want to a role that involves a lot stunt work and probably wants to branch out to play other roles.

Have you followed Downey's career? He has been doing that for decades.

Have you followed Downey's career? He has been doing that for decades.
I just don't think he wants to be seen as only Tony Stark in his later years. Best time for him to make a break from Tony Stark is probably after TA2, which I think he feels he needs to be a part of now that MCU Phase II has started and Joss has started writing already. Plus, it's very unlikely Marvel is going to get another trilogy out of him so it'd probably be good to either move on from him or hold the IM franchise until they find an adequate replacement. For him to continue as Tony Stark, it sounds like they're really going to have to find something meaty and meaningful in future arcs to keep him.

Downey and Stark pretty much seem like the same person in real life in the movie.
Reeves did a good Superman impression but Downey 'IS' Stark.

I just don't think he wants to be seen as only Tony Stark in his later years. Best time for him to make a break from Tony Stark is probably after TA2, which I think he feels he needs to be a part of now that MCU Phase II has started and Joss has started writing already. Plus, it's very unlikely Marvel is going to get another trilogy out of him so it'd probably be good to either move on from him or hold the IM franchise until they find an adequate replacement. For him to continue as Tony Stark, it sounds like they're really going to have to find something meaty and meaningful in future arcs to keep him.
If he is seen by Tony Stark by certain people, you aren't going to change this now. Truth is, he is RDJ more then Tony to the public. And well, Tony is actually more RDJ then a character to the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"