Iron Man 3 Iron Man 3 Press Tour Thread

antovolk

Civilian
Reaction score
IIRC there was a similar thread for Avengers, good idea to do this for IM3 as well I think since the promo tour has started! A definitive list to keep track of press/TV appearances of the cast! Will update OP when I can.

Sometime mid-March: 20-min press preview somewhere in the US: Shane Black, RDJ and Kevin Feige in attendance

March 26: 20-min press preview in London, included preview of Become Iron Man AR attraction (currently touring UK malls)

April 3: Seoul 20-min press preview/Press conference, RDJ in attendance

April 6: Beijing 20-min press preview (differs from intl. preview with China scenes)/press conference, RDJ in attendance. Ben Kingsley on Jonathan Ross Show with new clip

April 9: 20-min press/fan preview in Moscow at the Oktyabr' cinema (which I am attending), RDJ/Ben Kingsley possibly in attendance as they are due to be in Moscow for press conf. the next day

April 10: Press conference in Moscow, RDJ/Kingsley in attendance, to be live streamed on YouTube.

April 12: Press conference in Munich, RDJ/Gwyneth in attendance

April 14: Paris Red Carpet Screening at Le Grand Rex - no stars attending by the looks of it

April 17: London Premiere - Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Feige, Shane Black, Rebecca Hall, Sir Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle and Stephen Broussard in attendance

April 19: Gwyneth Paltrow on Graham Norton show

April 24: Los Angeles Premiere at El Capitan - Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Sir Ben Kingsley, Rebecca Hall, Don Cheadle, Shane Black and Kevin Feige in attendance

April 29: NYC Press Conference(?) - RDJ in attendance

Any more details such as future TV appearances etc, post here so I can update this OP!

Last edited:
Ben Kingsley will be on the Jonathan Ross Show this Saturday (6th).

RDJ in Seoul
3-2_zps67936875.png

4-1_zpsdd2a0ff3.jpg

tumblr_mkq0ecHtFH1qajc4eo1_250.gif

Hopefully the Moscow premier on the 9th goes better than it did last year for the Avengers. I heard they had a pretty bad experience with the Russian press last April.

Hopefully the Moscow premier on the 9th goes better than it did last year for the Avengers. I heard they had a pretty bad experience with the Russian press last April.

Heard about that as well, guessing that's why they're not having a proper premiere here as opposed to Avengers. As for the 9th, it won't really be a premiere, just screening 20 minutes of footage from the film.

Press conference is scheduled the next day and that's when RDJ/Ben Kingsley are officially due to come but maybe they will arrive a day early for the "preview"...my invite for the preview on the 9th does say "expect a special surprise from Marvel"...

UPDATE: Can someone please confirm whether the "premiere" in Seoul was a premiere (full screening of the film) or just a 20-min preview like Moscow is due to get next week/London got last week?

UPDATE 2: Just got confirmation that Seoul got a 20-min preview.

Last edited:
Gwyneth Paltrow will be on the Graham Norton Show April 19th.

OP updated.

Beijing only got the same 20 min preview albeit with China scenes.

New clip on Jonathan Ross.

Robert Downey Jr. at the Beijing premiere. Poster firedeep from the BO forums was actually there and said that over 100 Chinese film stars were in attendance, along with many RDJ fans, most of whom seemed to be young girls. :word:

63abff3ejw1e3gan04bbfj.jpg

723ca775jw1e3fuggzknxj.jpg

690ca424jw1e3ga5q5ukhj.jpg

The Gemini/Suborbital Armor was given its own billboard

7cb928d3jw1e3g8fk5ryzj.jpg

I am going to be in NYC the week of the Iron MAN 3 press tour ... Does anyone know any info on press conference location?

Going to the IM3 20-min press/fan preview tonight in Moscow...will keep you guys updated here, best check my Twitter though (same username) RDJ may turn up as he is due to be here tomorrow for the press conference.

Going to the IM3 20-min press/fan preview tonight in Moscow...will keep you guys updated here, best check my Twitter though (same username) RDJ may turn up as he is due to be here tomorrow for the press conference.

Have fun! I hope that RDJ shows up for you and the other fans. I read on another site that both he and Kingsley are supposed to be at the Moscow event but I have no idea how reliable that info is.

As you may have heard, RDJ turned up! Awesome event, over 1500 attended. Some sneaky pics (not mine)

[photos removed due to request by Disney/MARVEL]

Everyone got given a cardboard mask to wear for the "1000 Iron Men" (a shot of the whole audience in masks) photo, RDJ posed with his 'legion' (us) in the background when he showed up as well - photos should be up tomorrow from press sources.

And at the end we got given a version of the IMAX poster with "You Saw This First" and a link to the Russian version of the armor reveal Facebook app.

6b477822a14611e2893322000a1f9ca0_7.jpg
(this time it's my pic)

Footage-wise, same as the other 20-min peeks shown around the world but with 3 new scenes that I may or may not post about in the news/speculation thread in a bit...

Overall, awesome night!

Last edited:
Official photos from last night's Moscow footage event -

The "Iron Legion - A Thousand Iron Men":
ironman3_6.jpg

ironman3_7.jpg

ironman3_3.jpg

ironman3_9.jpg

ironman3_8.jpg

ironman3_10.jpg

ironman3_18.jpg

ironman3_19.jpg

ironman3_20.jpg

ironman3_21.jpg

Some iPad-made-videos of the Premiere at Paris , Le Grand Rex :woot: :
[YT]McSHxR5Vh5Q[/YT]
[YT]phVPypam1uA[/YT]
[YT]McSHxR5Vh5Q[/YT]

and some photos :
11919_10200435730249198_491621437_n.jpg

562329_10200435731129220_850771548_n.jpg

522050_10200435733489279_89103009_n.jpg

Anyone have a talk show schedule? It's fun to try and catch them all. I was surprised to see Rebecca Hall on Ferguson last night.

Anyone have a talk show schedule? It's fun to try and catch them all. I was surprised to see Rebecca Hall on Ferguson last night.
Tonight Show with Jay Leno:
Th 4/25: Gwyneth Paltrow
Fr 4/26: Robert Downey Jr.
Mo 4/29: Ben Kingsley

Jimmy Kimmel Live:
Th 5/2: Robert Downey Jr.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon:
We 5/1: Ben Kingsley

Chelsea Lately:
Mo 4/29: Gwyneth Paltrow

Live with Kelly & Michael:
Tu 4/30: Robert Downey Jr.
Th 5/2: Ben Kingsley

The Ellen DeGeneres Show:
Fr 4/26: Gwyneth Paltrow

(from http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#TS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"