Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World - The big final for the PS2

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
'Dragon Ball Z(R): Infinite World' Brings Best of Dragon Ball Z Universe to Playstation(R)2 Computer Entertainment System

- Final Dragon Ball Z Game for PlayStation 2 System Combines the Greatest Elements from the World-renowned Dragon Ball Z TV Series and Video Games -

NEW YORK, Aug. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- It's time for one final mighty Kamehameha for the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system as Atari announces the upcoming North American launch of NAMCO BANDAI Games' Dragon Ball Z(R): Infinite World in November. Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World combines all the best elements of previous Dragon Ball Z games, whilst also boasting new features such as "Dragon Missions", new battle types and drama scenes for fans to delve deeper than ever before into the Dragon Ball Z(R) universe.

The new "Dragon Missions" in Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World include many famous scenes from the Dragon Ball Z series never before seen in a video game. A range of missions from time attack in the "Snake Road Mission" alongside other action and racing-style missions puts players' strategy and quick-thinking skills to the test beyond simply showing off their deadly fighting skills.

But no Dragon Ball Z game would be complete without its fair share of spectacular battles. Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World uses a simplified battle system taken from the recently released next-gen Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for thrilling hand-to-hand fighting on the ground, or flying leaps and aerial combat in the skies. Defeat your opponent by blasting damaging Ki attacks from the sky or by diving into him and launching an explosive smash attack.

The game features over 40 unique characters, not counting the different forms that each character can transform into which multiplies the playing potential. On top of characters, fighting techniques and battle stages, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World also includes selected drama scenes from the previous games all presented using beautifully refined effects and shading techniques.

Representing the last "Z" title for the PlayStation 2 system, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World combines the many of the best elements from the previous Budokai and Shin-Budokai series, as well as the recently released and much-admired next-gen Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, to deliver the definitive DBZ experience on PlayStation 2 system.

The immensely popular Dragon Ball Z(R) series is the gold standard of anime-based video games, with more than 30 different games and over 12.7 million units sold since May 2002.

For more information on Dragon Ball Z(R) video games, please visit http://www.atari.com/dragonballz.

Source

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21051attack.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21079bubbles_mission_8.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21089snake_road_mission.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21068vs_super_17_2.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21091tiens_cannon_mission.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21058vs_janemba_2.jpg

More screenshots.

Trailer

[YT]gczyWpcoWbQ[/YT]

Interview

[YT]yu1jq7UULJ8[/YT]

Gameplay

[YT]mleeSD7wbDA[/YT]

Goku VS Vegeta

[YT]5Hw7RbF9evU[/YT]

Gohan VS Cell

[YT]IRk4DnfdlzE[/YT]

Screenshots

dragon-ball-z-infinite-world-20081007095224976_640w.jpg
dragon-ball-z-infinite-world-20081007095235616_640w.jpg

dragon-ball-z-infinite-world-20081007095302069_640w.jpg
dragon-ball-z-infinite-world-20081007095244288_640w.jpg

dragon-ball-z-infinite-world-20081007095304663_640w.jpg
dragon-ball-z-infinite-world-20081007095424194_640w.jpg

Last edited:
i haven't owned a dbz game since the 2nd budokai, but this looks interesting. i don't understand why they keep making them for ps2; upgrade to ps3 already.

i haven't owned a dbz game since the 2nd budokai, but this looks interesting. i don't understand why they keep making them for ps2; upgrade to ps3 already.

Its probably cheaper to develop for PS2, also is this getting an American release?

So this like how Burst Limit should have been.

Its cheaper to make for the PS2 and this type of game is generally aimed at a younger audience and thats the crowd that makes up most of current PS2 owners now as they dont have the money to upgrade to a PS3/and or parents arent willing to pay for the system yet. Besides they just released a Dragonball Z game for the PS3 a few months ago so its not like they are ignoring the system

Last edited:
This looks like the greatest DBZ game ever bar none, this is the game I have been waiting for since the moment I first watched DBZ all those years ago on tv. Dam you get to do Freiza multi blast on Piccolo and use Tien tri blast on Cell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"