Dragon Ball Z Kakarot action RPG: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, & PC

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Bandai Namco teases Dragon Ball Game Project Z action RPG, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC character Jiren [Update]
Published 1 day ago. 52 comments.
More information in V-Jump and at the FighterZ World Tour Finals.

DB-Game-Project-Z_01-16-19.jpg

A Dragon Ball action RPG code-named Dragon Ball Game Project Z is currently in development, Bandai Namco has announced.

Additionally, the company teased that “The Warrior from Universe 11 is joining the fight” in Dragon Ball FighterZ, suggesting Jiren will be announced as a downloadable content character.

The March 2019 issue of V-Jump due out on January 21, as well as the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals on January 26 and 27, will have more information.

Stay tuned.

Update 01/17/19 at 3:25 a.m.: The latest issue of Weekly Jump has new teasers for Dragon Ball Game Project Z, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

The Dragon Ball Game Project Z teaser is a visual featuring the scene where Goku takes Gohan to Kame House. More information will be announced at the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals on January 26 and 27.

The Dragon Ball FighterZ teaser is a visual featuring Goku fighting Jiren. While it does not explicitly state Jiren will join the game as a downloadable content character, more information will be announced at the World Tour Finals.

The Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 teaser is for the “Next Stage.” This seems to be an announcement not only for players who are currently enjoying the game, but also for users who have yet to play. Like the other two titles, more information will be announced at the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals.

Thanks, Ryokuta2089 (2, 3).

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Industry
Dragon Ball Game Project Z: Action RPG “depicts a never before expressed, nostalgic, and new Dragon Ball world”
Published 20 mins ago. 0 comments.
Here is a render of Goku and Gohan.

Bandai Namco’s recently teased Dragon Ball Game Project Z: Action RPG “depicts a never before expressed, nostalgic, and new Dragon Ball world,” according to a tweet from the official Dragon Ball games official Twitter account.

The tweet includes what appears to be a render of Goku and Gohan from the game:

Dragon-Ball-Game-Project-Z_01-21-19_001.jpg

An official announcement is planned for the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals on January 26 and 27. Stay tuned.

No switch, I'm out.

EDIT: Better trailer.

So it looks to be an adventure game, playing through the whole of Goku's story.

If it's like Legacy of Goku on current gen consoles...welllll then 2019 suddenly got a lot more interesting.

No switch, I'm out.

EDIT: Better trailer.
it's cyber connect they aren't used to the switch yet. so they likely won't work on it at the same time as the other systems sadly.

So they will likely work on the others and do the switch after they are done with the other systems . or their publisher boss's will send to another dev team studio. we'll have wait & see. for now I'll remove the switch out of the title .

I have to say, I am not that hyped. I was hoping we'd get something like Xenoverse, a game that allows us to explore the world of Dragonball with our own custom character. But instead it's another Goku focused game that let's us relive the story of DBZ. Again. For like the millionth time.

I might change my tune once we see some proper gameplay.

I cant wait for this. I was telling a buddy of mine last year that I wanted pretty much what this appears to be. When I sent him the reveal teaser he freaked out at how accurate my desire seems to be with game. Anybody else want this to have have dragon ball as an expansion if it's not included already in.

I've never been a big fan of the "create a character in an established universe" especially when it comes to crossing over into actual events. If we did get a game set in the dragonball universe that did let you create a character and explore the universe, I'd like for it to be like star wars: KOTOR, in a time that basically wouldn't interfere with what's canon.

I cant wait for this. I was telling a buddy of mine last year that I wanted pretty much what this appears to be. When I sent him the reveal teaser he freaked out at how accurate my desire seems to be with game. Anybody else want this to have have dragon ball as an expansion if it's not included already in.

I've never been a big fan of the "create a character in an established universe" especially when it comes to crossing over into actual events. If we did get a game set in the dragonball universe that did let you create a character and explore the universe, I'd like for it to be like star wars: KOTOR, in a time that basically wouldn't interfere with what's canon.
they are doing with in what seem's to be happen with one piece world seeker. well that's more like a open world action game . which is a good thing more game base fro m awesome anime series need to take this rout

I get the feeling this will start at the beginning and end at the freeze saga and save the rest for a sequel. Theres plenty of story in between all of that for a lengthy and large game.

safe_image.php

PC PS4 XBOX ONEJun 10, 201963
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – 12 minutes of E3 2019 gameplay
12 minutes of the Dragon Ball Z action RPG in motion.
Dragon-Ball-Z-Kakarot-IGN-Gameplay_06-10-19.jpg

Bandai Namco debuted 12 minutes of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot gameplay during the IGN E3 2019 live stream.

The live stream featured Bandai Namco’s Kazuki Kimoto and CyberConnect2’s Ryosuke Hara, who shared more information about the action RPG. Here are the tidbits:

• Players will be able to relive the story of Dragon Ball Z in overwhelming volume. There will be many meticulously recreated scenes from the original story that players will recognize, as well as some scenes that have not really been depicted before in the way that they are depicted in this game.
  • The game’s look is a fusion of CyberConnect2’s experience in cel-shaded graphics technology and Akira Toriyama’s unique art style. The game also depicts the dynamic shifts of emotions in battle and character expressions in meticulous detail.
  • The game is not open-world. The reason being that the focus is on retelling the story. If the game was open-world, they would have to betray the original work in some form.
  • Each area is gradually unlocked as the story progresses. Each map is quite large, and Goku can fly throughout it freely.
  • Several scenes in which adult Goku interacts with characters from the original Dragon Ball—like Android 8—will be in the game.
  • (What happens for parts of the story where Goku is unable to fight? Will players take on the role of other characters?) While nothing can be said regarding playing as other characters at the moment, the game is focused on retelling the story of Dragon Ball Z, so it will not disappoint the fans.
  • In addition to retelling the Dragon Ball Z story, there are also other elements like sub-stories for Android 8 and so on that fans will appreciate.
  • While nothing can be said regarding whether the game will go beyond the Frieza saga, it—again—will not disappoint fans.
  • The theme of the game is to experience the life of Goku in various ways, such as riding Nimbus, eating, going fishing, hunting animals, and more.
  • In addition to buffs like temporarily boosting attack power, how you manage the eating elements of the game is part of the core game cycle and can result in permanent power-ups and so on.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2020. Read more about the game here.

Watch the footage below.

safe_image.php

PC PS4 XBOX ONE Jun 21, 201916
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot screenshots
Featuring Vegeta, Raditz, Frieza, and more
DBZK_06-21-19.jpg

Bandai Namco has released new screenshots of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, its upcoming action RPG developed by CyberConnect2 that retells the story of Goku from Dragon Ball Z.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2020. Read more about the game here.

View the screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

comment policy

4 days ago
Check Out The Nostalgia-Inducing Trailer For DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT
Bandai Namco has treated us to a nostalgia-inducing trailer for the upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, which sees Gohan growing into the warrior he was always destined to be.Read more

3 days ago
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT Will Be Introducing Intriguing, And Original New Character
Bandai Namco has revealed that Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will be introducing an original character named Bonyu, who is a former member of the Ginyu Force.Read more

2 days ago
Trunks Officially Confirmed As Playable Character In DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT
Bandai Namco has confirmed that Dragon Ball Z's Trunks will also be a playable character in the upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot; screenshots of the character also revealed.Read more

1 day ago
Check Out These New In-Game Screenshots For DRAGON BALLK Z: KAKAROT
Bandai Namco has managed to keep things interesting for Dragon Ball fans, especially those anticipating Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, as they release new batch of in-game screenshots.Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

8/27/2019
Bandai Namco Has Shared A Small Batch Of In-Game Screenshots For DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT
This small batch of newly released in-game screenshots for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot focuses on one of the most epic moments during the fight between Gohan and Cell.Read more

3 days ago
Release Date For DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT In Japan Has Been Revealed; Expected To Launch In January
Bandai Namco has revealed that Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will be releasing in Japan mid-January of next year; the developer has also shared the game's cover and new information.Read more

3 days ago
Buu Saga Finally Revealed In Pre-Order Trailer For DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT; Release Date Officially Revealed
The Buu saga has been finally revealed in a new trailer for the upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot; the game's release date has been officially confirmed by the developer.Read more

2 days ago
Check Out The Phenomenal Collector's Edition For DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT
Bandai Namco has revealed the phenomenal Collector's Edition for CyberConnect2's upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, as pre-orders become available today.Read more

2 days ago
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT - Vegito Has Been Confirmed To Be Playable During The Buu Saga
A leak has revealed that Vegito, Goku and Vegeta's Potara fusion, will be a playable character during the Buu saga in CyberConnect2's upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.Read more

| 10/17/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: Dual Shockers
DBZBanner-October17.jpg

Bandai Namco and CYberConnect2's upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a game that has really surprised fans of the Dragon Ball series, especially since — when the game was recently announced — the developers were somewhat vague about the game's content.

For the longest time, in fact, fans thought that Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot would only cover the events up until the Frieza saga, something that quickly was debunked. Now, the game is confirmed to feature every saga in the Dragon Ball Z series; quite the surprise for fans of the long-running franchise.

Another thing that had fans surprised was the fact that more characters would also be playable, especially when considering that, at first, players thought that only Goku(Kakarot) would be a playable character; cannot blame them, however, since the name of the game could easily mean he was the only playable character.

As it turns out, players will be able to play as quite a bunch of characters from the Dragon Ball series, and today it's been unofficially confirmed that Vegito — Goku and Vegeta's Potara fusion — will also be playable during the Buu saga. While this may not come as a surprise, it is nice to know that such a fan-favourite character will still be part of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.

Relive the thrilling story of Kakarot, the legendary Saiyan better known as Goku, in the all-new Action-RPG DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT, coming early 2020. DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT will include English and Japanese voice-over along with subtitles in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish, as well as Russian, Polish and Arabic.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC(digital) on the 17th of January.

4 days ago
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT - Bandai Namco Finally Gives Us Our First Look At Vegito

Bandai Namco has finally given us our first look at Vegito in CyberConnect2's Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot; in-game screenshots also show off Gohan, Goku, vegeta, and Buu.
Read more

3 days ago
Learn Everything There Is To Know About DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT With This New Introductory Video

Bandai Namco has shared a game introduction video of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, telling us pretty much everything we need to know about the upcoming Dragon Ball Z title.Read more

10/23/2019
New Video For CyberConnect2's DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT Is All About Support Characters
Bandai Namco has released yet another introduction video for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, and this time they are focusing on the game's support characters and their unique support actions.Read more

10/23/2019
Filed Under: "Action Adventure" Source: Bandai Namco
DBZKAKAROTBanner2-June21.jpg

Yesterday Bandai Namco released an introductory video for CyberConnect2's upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, which taught us pretty much everything we needed to know about the game's story — which most fans are familiar with because of the anime — and sidequests with their own unique, and brand-new stories.

Today, the developer has shared yet another introductory video, although this time it chooses to focus on the support characters — who will be aiding players during those iconic Dragon Ball Z battles with their unique special abilities seen on the show.

This new video also makes the distinction between support characters like Krillin and Yamcha, to playable characters like Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta — who are controllable in both battles and on the field; unlike support characters who are only useful during battles.

Check it out:

Relive the thrilling story of Kakarot, the legendary Saiyan better known as Goku, in the all-new Action-RPG DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT, coming early 2020. DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT will include English and Japanese voice-over along with subtitles in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish, as well as Russian, Polish and Arabic.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC(digital) on the 17th of January.

10/28/2019
UPDATED: DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT - Watch New Gameplay That Sees Majin Vegeta Facing Majin Buu
Majin Vegeta is pitted against Majin Buu in action-packed gameplay video for CyberConnect2 and Bandai Namco's upcoming Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. Check it out!Read more

10/28/2019
Get A Look At Super Saiyan 3 Goku In DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT With These Recently Released Screenshots
Bandai Namco has released a small batch on in-game screenshots for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, which gives us a look at Goku in his Super Saiyan 3 form. Read more

10/31/2019
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT - New Trailer For The Buu Saga Will Hit You Right In The Feels
Bandai Namco has just released a phenomenal new trailer for CyberConnect2's Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, and it is quite the nostalgia trip for fans of the series.Read more

11/4/2019
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT - Gotenks Revealed In New In-Game Screenshots For The Game
This new, and small batch of in-game screenshots for Bandai Namco and CyberConnect2's Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot has given us a pretty good look at SSJ3 Gotenks and Vegito.Read more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"