Dragonball Kai, DBZ Gets Reborn. No... Really!

Super_Child

Sidekick
Reaction score
From Toei Animation The owners of Dragonball Z

Airing on the 5th of April this month in Japan will be the first epsiode of Dragonball Kai, a remake of the anime series of dragonball Z.

In 1989 Akira Toriyama's manga was made into an anime series that ran until 1996, however some extra content was put into the anime to drag the storyline out whilst Akira Toriyama was still writing the manga!

This anime series will be much shorter ( Iv'e heard about 100 episodes) And will be truer to his manga vision and faster paced with no filler making things longer. The series Dragonball Kai is going to have the latest japanese animation behind it and voice overs re-done by the original japanese cast.

Source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-02/toei-confirms-dragon-ball-kai-is-edited-to-follow-manga

This series has been dubbed as an "Akira Toriyama Original Cut"

Personally I cant wait to see it!!!!!

Real weird and not needed.

From Toei Animation The owners of Dragonball Z

Airing on the 5th of April this month in Japan will be the first epsiode of Dragonball Kai, a remake of the anime series of dragonball Z.

In 1989 Akira Toriyama's manga was made into an anime series that ran until 1996, however some extra content was put into the anime to drag the storyline out whilst Akira Toriyama was still writing the manga!

This anime series will be much shorter ( Iv'e heard about 100 episodes) And will be truer to his manga vision and faster paced with no filler making things longer. The series Dragonball Kai is going to have the latest japanese animation behind it and voice overs re-done by the original japanese cast.

Source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rms-dragon-ball-kai-is-edited-to-follow-manga

This series has been dubbed as an "Akira Toriyama Original Cut"

Personally I cant wait to see it!!!!!
They are not reanimating it. They are just cleaning it up and preparing it for HD! The only new content will be a remastered score. I'll pass on this myself. My original season sets work just fine for me.

Can't say I approve at first, but I am curious.

I definately want to watch it. I just don't think i'll be prepared to buy it after forking out for the remastered seasons.

geez, see they release the entire DBZ series, and THEN release a different version... WTH??? I've forked out some serious money on the series... oh well, win some, lose some i guess...

geez, see they release the entire DBZ series, and THEN release a different version... WTH??? I've forked out some serious money on the series... oh well, win some, lose some i guess...

To be fair, it's Funimation who've released the remastered season sets. Nothing to do with Toei who're making DBKai.

Ugh just how many DBZ DVD's do they want out there. I'll be interested to see what the animation looks like provided it sticks to the classic Toriyama style. Probably end up looking like that latest movie special.

The animation isn't going to change. They are just going to clean up the old anime. The only thing that will change are the intro and outro. So those will have new animation. The rest will stay as it is.

Here's the first TV spot.

[YT]4FrWKRWHe2M[/YT]

Stop being such *****es, "whaa-whaaaa" i bought season sets, woe is me... This **** is needed, DBZ is practically unwatchable because of that filler ****, this will make it awesome :up:

Meh, I already survived watching DBZ once, don't really need to go back there. There's plenty of other anime shows I need to watch now. Though I like the idea behind this, just wish they had thought of it years ago when I watched DBZ.

First two episodes were great. The footage has so much less grain on it. Colors are more vibrant and clear, and black lines all over have been made thicker and sharper. A whole image clean up and scalled to HD resolutions.

Voice overs seem slightly better than before too.... and I prefer the new remastered soundtrack to the original one! And the re-animated intro/outro's are great to see!

D/l'ing episode 3 now ready to burn onto DVD and watch on my HDTV :)

You can already feel this is much faster paced than the dragged out original, just what I always wanted from DBZ!

While I'm willing to give this a go I seriously think that they should have redone the whole thing especially that animation as it looks like absolute crap compared to current day anime. Guess they wanted to go down the easy way of milking the cash cow.

I wonder how many times DBZ can be "remastered" until the world join in unison Face Palm.

yeah,but maybe if they would've made goku look muscular from the first ep then we couldn't notice the changes he gets through by the end of the series(as a result of all his training not to mention we're talking about 13 years of ....growing up...?)...i guess
but i 'd definitely like more detailed clothes and environment....

well, they're making the pacing and material more faithful to the manga. at least they're not going to put in princess snake or the fillers of when gokuu falls into hell

seems like a cool idea, im eager to see where it goes

The one thing that always bugged me about DBZ was some of the needless fillers they put into episodes.

Personally, I would have loved to see DBZ redone with more modern animation (similar to that special they released a while back), but if this covers all the bases, and cuts out the crap, it can only be a good thing in my books.

New animation sucks these days. Love the look of DBZ. Seen some of the special on Youtube, good lord my eyes was burning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"