Dragonball moves to April 8th 2009

NOOOOO!!!! My world is over!!!

I won't believe this until we get some confirmation from FOX.

Wait a minute, they don't even know the production budget. How would they know the release date :p

I don't see why BOM would just suddenly change the release date for no reason . . .

I don't see why BOM would just suddenly change the release date for no reason . . .
Argh. What are they going to do with an extra year of post production??

You are kidding me Jappo?

No one comes to know what the exact budget of a movie is until close to the movie's release date.

BOM most of the time gets estimates for budgets when a movie releases.

Release dates do keep changing time to time and i am sure fox gave BOM the release date.

Maybe within a week or two you will see official press. I am 101% sure the date has been changed.

Too bad it still won't help the movie financially and hence there will be no sequels in that process killing everyone's dreams of seeing vegeta, freeza etc go face to face with goku.

somebody please confirm this... its so depressing

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was pushed back, since the writers strike finished a number of films have taken the same action. Star Trek was pushed back from December 08 to May 09 just to name an example, I know it's not as long as DB push, but it's still lengthy. I can only see positive things coming from this folks, if they feel it needs more work then by all means take as much time as it needs, quality over quantity I say, even though Chatwin is Goku :csad:

At the end of the year, starting with August to October is bad for movies. Summer is over and everyone is back in school or working.

And the winner for Least Surprising Movie News of 2008 goes to....

dude, i predicted this way back. Fox never learned from Hitman did they? I guess they learned. They had a similar schedule, with Hitman's production starting in Spring 2007 with a release date of August 2007. And guess what? They delayed it. And the movie was still crap.

This delay is nothing but a good thing. I was worried if they kept the Aug 2008 release.

Same situation as Star Trek was in. I'll wait and hear what Wong, Chatwin and all the others have to say.

More Websites reporting on this! Cinema Blend and /Films

Cinema Blend:

8063.jpg
It looks like the long awaited live-action Dragonball movie may be in trouble. CS reports that 20th Century Fox has bumped the movie’s release date from August 15th of this year, all the way back to April 3, 2009. Thank you Fox, for giving me more time to build my Dragonball proof bunker.

No reason is given for the bump, but the fact that it’s being moved off a solid late-summer release date to a nowheresville release in April probably doesn’t bode well if you’re a fan of the whole Dragonball Z thing. It’s old date had it up against Ben Stiller’s Tropic Thunder, the animated Star Wars: Clone Wars movie, and an Emma Roberts kids movie called Wild Child. Now it’s up against absolutely nothing… at least for the time being. It’s more than a year off, so I’m sure at some point something else will be schedule to open opposite. I doubt anyone will be scared off by Dragonball, no matter how much rabid, niche fan support it seems to have.

The movie is based on the manga turned awful anime series Dragonball Z, and stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Emmy Rossum, Ernie Hudson, and a bunch of other people you’ve never heard of decked out in plasticky anime hair.

/Film:

Dragonball Moves to 2009

dragonballart.jpg
Dragonball Z fans who were hoping to get some big screen live-action love this Summer will have to wait just a little longer. Actually, they’re going to have to wait until next year. Fox has decided to move James Wong’s Dragonball from it’s announced August 15th 2008 release to April 3rd 2009.

Well, we have more than a year before the movie's release so now we know for sure that there's going to be a lot of changes & hopefully those changes will be for the better.

I', glad its been pushed back. Although it does show a lack of confidence in the project, and the new date doesn't help.

That contradicted FilmJerk which gives the number of theaters for August 15.... not?
In any case the sites of the FOX did not modify the comings out date..
we will see well in a few weeks.
Movieland announces that Chow Yun Fat leaves this week Durango, and turning stop on March 15.

Great news. I am bummed that I will have to wait over a year, but think of the positives. It has more time to be prepared. It will be a much better film with the extra time, instead of being some rushed crap.

Hold on. Isn't the release date important so FOX won't lose the rights?

the only thing that'll change is the quality of the fx....

they are done shooting

Great that it is confirmed. Easily enough time for some rewrites/reshoots. And the special effects wont worry me anymore, they'll be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"