Dream project that'll never happen ?

Reaction score
What's THE dream project you'd have wanted the most to have happened, but you know never will ? I'm sure there is one. ;)

Mine ? Well, my personnal favorite is the original War of the worlds, but SFX made by Ray Harryhausen.

Had they hired him in the 50's-60's, and had they let him go lose, we would have had the greatest sci-fi movie of all time.

heinemann1.gif

Imagine WoTW, but with these aliens instead of the flying saucers we got, and in beautiful Harryhausen stop motion, destroying everything in their path.

Heck, had the movie took place in the late 19th century...! Give Ray the time, the money and the staff, and surely, nothing could have stood in his way!

So, that being mine, what's yours ?

A movie adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns starring a somewhat younger Clint Eastwood. I´m very happy with the way Begins is turning out, but still would love to see that.

A Superman movie set in the thirties, directed by Kerry Conran - but not written by him. Again, I have high hopes for the Singer movie, but would love that too.

ultimatefan said:
A movie adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns starring a somewhat younger Clint Eastwood. I´m very happy with the way Begins is turning out, but still would love to see that.

A Superman movie set in the thirties, directed by Kerry Conran - but not written by him. Again, I have high hopes for the Singer movie, but would love that too.

Put Bruce Campbell in the role of Superman, and i'd be all for it. :cool:

Just like ultimatefan said: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS I woudl love to see it in a movie.

Man i have so many dream movies its not even funny. I guess my biggest one would be the Avengers directed by... i dunno... lets say the team that did Shaun Of The Dead... and starring Gary Oldman as Steed...
gary_oldman.jpg

And Saffron Burrows as Peel...
9387959981032.jpg

Or the Saint done as it SHOULD have been done... as a kinda Ocean's 11 caper movie/modern day Robin Hood with someone like Ewan McGregor...
emg3.jpg

Bruce Campbell as Superman in a Fliescher style movie.

A 1940s style Batman by David Lynch.

Alice in Wonderland by Terry Gilliam.

Wizard Of Oz by Tim Burton.

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen done RIGHT... faithful to the comics and with a way better cast.

R.A. Salvatore's The Dark Elf Trilogy, Icewind Dale Trilogy, and Legacy of the Drow series.

Peter Jackson and Co doing The Legend of Zelda

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash

Chucky vs. Leprechaun

A remake of the 1950 Blob with a CGI Blob Set in the 1950s

patrickbateman said:

?

Do you mean your dream project is an Hulk movie ? I said dream project that'll never happen, not those already made. :mad:

(And yes, Terry Gilliam was born to make Alice in wonderland!)

0899192238.gif

I always wanted to see this book made into a movie. It was one of my favorite childrens books growing up.

And of course....

mgs_tsn_0430_screen001.jpg

Metal Gear mutha fcking Solid.

They keep saying they will do it but I don't see it happening.

thesaintofkille said:
You also made these 2 if I remember correctly:

Image12d.jpg

metrosoup3.jpg

:up:

Wow man i totally forgot i did those. :o

Hey whats up wit Photobucket? That pic i posted is all blurry but it should be sharp as a tack... the original on my computer is.

Carmine Falcone said:
I WANNA SEE A MOVIE OF THE TWITS! from the book by Roald Dahl!

That'd be cool. Or the BFG with Harry Dean Stanton.
austin_screens_scanlines-1.jpg

oh I know that as the GVR (Grote Vriendelijke Reus) there is a cartoon version of that but a live action version would be cool too.
I heard they are going to make a book of the the fantastic mr fox (or whatever it is called in English) :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"