Dream Theater

Hellrider

Civilian
Reaction score
Anyone else here like this band? I started listening to them a couple of years and fell in love with this band, they are amazing. They are extremely gifted musicians... And probably the most talent band of their generation. Their the reason (particularly Kevin Moore and Jordan Rudess) I decided to pick a keyboard and start playing in a band... Their an inspiration for me. If you havent heard of this band, I would highly recommend them.:)

Have you heard them play Master of Puppets? They play the whole album.

Man-Thing said:

a couple years ago they released their version of matchbox 20's first album. it's actually pretty good.

Man-Thing said:

Yup and they did an AMAZING job aswell.:)

photojones2 said:
a couple years ago they released their version of matchbox 20's first album. it's actually pretty good.

I dont recall them ever doing that.

photojones2 said:
look it up.

I looked it up... nothing...It doesnt sound like something Dream Theater would do. Matchbox 20 is not one of their influences and isnt something their fans would like at all either.

Hellrider said:
I looked it up... nothing...It doesnt sound like something Dream Theater would do. Matchbox 20 is not one of their influences and isnt something their fans would like at all either.

well, i'm sure pat boone's not really influenced by metal, but that didn't stop him. :)

Socrates said:
I like their song, "I Walk Beside You."

That song is my least favourite song ... It sounds too much like U2. I remember the first time I bought Octavarium, I was listening to it on my way home, after just buying it, and When I 1st heard I walk beside you chorus... I though... U2.:down ... I almost always skip to the next track before the 1st chorus comes in.

P.Jones: I havent heard that though man, and I tried looking, but I didnt find anything. I extremely doubt that they covered a matchbox album. They did cover albums live however... During their Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence promo tour. They covered full albums of bands like metallica, iron maiden, pink floyd, and deep purple. If you can send me info on them cover M 20, it'd be appreciated. :)

my fiance is a huge fan of theirs. Has every album, T-Shirts, etc.

Scenes from a Memory is one of the most perfect albums I've ever heard, but that's as far as Ive gotten.

kypade said:
Scenes from a Memory is one of the most perfect albums I've ever heard, but that's as far as Ive gotten.

You should definitely check out Images and Words... Its my favourtie, and its dream theaters masterpiece. :up: ... SFAM is pretty amazing aswell:up:

Dream Theatre is a fantastic band. Very knowledgable as far as music goes, with terrific guitar work, and excellent drum skills. Probably the best band instrumentally, that I've heard in the past ten years. :up:

Dream Theater is one of the best bands around.

Excellent musicians, excellent studio albums, excellent live albums. I just need to see them live.

Hellrider said:
Anyone else here like this band? I started listening to them a couple of years and fell in love with this band, they are amazing. They are extremely gifted musicians... And probably the most talent band of their generation. Their the reason (particularly Kevin Moore and Jordan Rudess) I decided to pick a keyboard and start playing in a band... Their an inspiration for me. If you havent heard of this band, I would highly recommend them.:)

I haven't heard much from Dream Theater since Images And Words

Man-Thing said:
They also have done: Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, Deep Purple's Made In Japan, Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast, and I know they've done at least one Rush album, but don't know which. Dream Theater is amazing, and hopefully I get the oppurtunity to see them one day.

ScottyBBadd said:
I haven't heard much from Dream Theater since Images And Words
Then damn dude, you're missing out... as great as I&W is, they just continually got better until plateauing at 6DoIT.

kypade said:
Totally.

I never get tired of that album, ever. :up:

Awesome band. I was lucky enough to see them live. Very impressive.

Green Lantern said:
Then damn dude, you're missing out... as great as I&W is, they just continually got better until plateauing at 6DoIT.

From what I have read in this thread I am. My fav song(of what I heard ) is Pull Me Under.

I like Never Enough and Panic Attack. The drummer kicks so much ass. :(

So... new live album and dvd out on Tuesday :up: I think that deserves a bump eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"