DTL Season 4-Week 1 (Set 3)

The Underdogs: 8
Simple Kind of Lovelies: 9

I got the same feeling Tim did. Given that both teams have a lot of information on the other, I thought it made sense for Atom to get paired up with the Hulk. It just makes sense given his affinity for radiation and the fact that the Hulk is known to be powered by radiation. The fact that he's a lot more maneuverable made it seem likely that he wouldn't have a problem getting to the Hulk so long as Warlock kept Supes occupied.

Although I thought it was kind of funny that neither owner used Captain Atom's powers quite right. As far as I know, he can absorb all forms of radiation, but the ability to emit all forms of radiation is a cartoon-only thing. Captain Atom always used quantum energy in the comics, except for a brief stint in Extreme Justice where (somewhat ironically, given the teams for this match) none other than the Blue Beetle designed a pair of energy regulating gloves for him. He could use them to create proto-matter (think basic, rough GL constructs made of physical material), strong nuclear forces and weak nuclear forces, and modulate the energy he emitted into various forms. Just thought I'd point that out for future reference. No red sun fun for the good Captain in the Wildstorm comic version, I'm afraid.

Still, fantastic first effort, LT. LV just had a more logical layout to the battles, in my opinion.

New Defenders: 2
Atomic Punks: 1

The New Defenders seem to have a more powerful line-up. Paragon could be screwed if he weren't in proximity to someone else, true, but if all else fails he could always snuggle up to Doom and use his powers. That'd be two cosmic uber-powerhouses against the basically Superman-esque Samaritan and Nebulon, who'd provide a challenge if it were just one cosmic uber-powerhouse, but not two.

Me and logic are unmixy. :)

But thanks. Something has just occured to me. If Superman's body acts like a battery wouldn't it have been simpler to have Atom absorb Superman's energies instead? I know that has never happened before, but is it conceivable?

It seems logical to me. I'm not sure why Atom doesn't do it in the comics other than the fact that it's seemingly unthinkable for any other hero to ever defeat Superman these days.

Simple Kind Of Lovlies 7/10
The Under Dogs 8/10

Atomic Punks 1/10
New Defenders 2/10

My votes are

Simple Kind of Lovelies 7
The Underdogs 6

The New Defenders 4
The Atomic Punks 3

Voting is now over.

Final scores are:

The Underdogs 50