DTL Season 4-Week 3 (Set 2)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Wayne Manor and the surrounding grounds.

Chaos & Order
Silver Surfer (Earth M) (MU)
Dr. Fate (DU)
Vision (eXiles) (MM)
Deadline (DR)
Proctor (MR)

VS.

The Incorrigible Punkasses
Thor (Herald of Galactus) (MU)
Loki ("The Reigning") (MU)
Byakko (DM)
Ambrose Chase (DR)
Black Knight (Dane Whitman) (MR)

Justice Society
Vartox (DU)
Beta Ray Bill (MU)
Comet Man (MM)
Valkyrie (MR)(F)
Hawkman (DR)

VS.

The Underdogs
Superman (Kal-L) (DU)
Hulk (MU)
Captain America (MR)
Blue Beetle (DR)
Booster Gold (DR)

Prep Time

The team arrives at the battlefield, or battle house as that's what it is. The Society this week consists of: Vartox, Beta Ray Bill, Cometman, Valkyrie and Hawkman.

Vartox: We have our opponents for tomorrow.

Bill: I know two of them. Hulk and Captain America.

Hawkman: I, unfortunately know the other three. Superman, only not the Superman most know. He is an older Superman from a different Earth than the one I am from.

Vartox: His name is different also: Kal-L, my friend is Kal-El, with an "e" in El. Is there any other difference?

Hawkman: They are both equally strong, almost mirror images of one another, except this Superman, as I said, is older.

Valkyrie: And what of the others?

Hawkman: Booster Gold is a man from the 25th Century. The suit he wears is able to produce energy blasts. He can also fly with assistance from a Legion Flight Ring.

Cometman: What's a Legion Flight Ring?

Hawkman: Take a guess.

Cometman: Hmmm...I'm thinking a ring....that...hmmm.....I didn't even have to read your mind, to figure it out.

Hawkman: I assumed not.

Bill: What of Blue Beetle?

Hawkman: He has no powers, so to speak. But he is one hell of a genius, and he is very inventive. Don't underestimate him.

Valkyrie: Well, we have your universe down. Now, the Hulk. He is, well, he is one of the most dangerous beings in our universe.

Bill: Indeed he is. He is unbridled, brute strength. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. He is unlimited in most of what he does. It would, without a doubt, take all of us, and then some to take him out.

Vartox: Sounds like one hell of a challenge.

Bill: It is. Also, Captain America. He is one of the best hand to hand fighters in our universe. His shield is made of adamantium. It is nearly indestructible. He has the willpower to do almost anything.

Vartox: What are his powers.

Valkyrie: His determination.

Vartox: I have known Superman, and he is Superman in his own right. If I must I will battle him.

Bill: And I....I will fight Hulk.

Valkyrie: Who is the best for me.

Hawkman: My best guess would be Blue Beetle, as I will take on Captain America.

Cometman: That leaves me with Booster.

Vartox: Indeed.

The team then rests for the night. The next day's battle looms over them. Bill, while not afraid, is anxious, in many ways, for his battle with Hulk. As is Vartox, who does not know what his reaction will be when he sees his friend, only older. The others also await their battles. Hakwman, known for his excellent fighting skills, is enthusiastic about his fight. Cometman and Valkyrie are worried for they know next to nothing about their opponents, but are reassured by Hawkman that they will, if they feel they can, they can win.

Battle

The Society make their way to Wayne Manor. They wait.

Bill: Do as we said before. Watch behind you. Superman can come out of nowhere. And the Hulk can destroy anything....well, he can destroy pretty much anything.

Vartox: They're here. I can sense them.

Vartox takes to the air. Looking for their opponents. He cannot see them but he knows they are there somewhere. The Society are checking every which way they can look. Nothing. Cometman then takes to the air and looks for anything he can find. Minutes pass, and still nothing.

The team waits a little longer. Then, a tiny little silver ball lands by the feet of the Society. Vartox lands to check it out. He picks it up and it explodes into smoke covering the entire area around the Society with a blanket of smoke.

Hawkman: Beetle......

A slight whistling noise can be heard. It gets louder and louder. The Society looks up in the air.

Hawkman: SCATTER!

The Hulk comes crashing down on the ground causing great shockwaves with his fall. The Society lays on the ground in shock that they were played like that.

Bill is the first to get up. A streak of red crashes in Bill and sends him into the Wayne Mansion.

Vartox gets up but is met with a massive club to the back by Hulk. Vartox lays in a small crater created by him smashing the ground.

Hawkman takes to the air, but is met by Cap's shield which nails Carter in the chest sending him to the ground in pain.

Valkyrie looks around for Blue Beetle or Booster Gold. She looks around she sees Beetle's aircracft hovering above where she stands. She is ready for an attack but she is struck from behind by a bolt of energy from Booster Gold. She hops back up and charges but Booster nails her with another blast of energy knocking Dragonfang out of her hands. She then grabs her spear and hurls it at Booster. His force field easily deflects it.

Cometman doesn't wait for the action to come to him. He flies towards Beetle's craft. He is met with another little ball. This time it explodes into a brilliant bright light. Cometman shrieks in pain and he falls to the ground covering his face.

Bill gets up and shakes off the rubble from the mansion. Superman swoops in again but Bill dodges and swings his hammer, but Superman's speed is too much and he misses. He is then met with a blast of heat vision to the back. Kal flies at Bill one more time but Bill is able to raise his hammer and nail Superman with a bolt of mystical energy that stops Superman in his tracks. Bill then walks over to Superman who lays on the floor still. Bill then raises the hammer and releases another blast of energy but Superman speeds out of their and knocks Bill into the wall again. Before Bill is able to hit the floor, Superman is able nail Bill again. Bill is doing his best, but his reaction time is nowhere near Superman's.......

Vartox is able to slowly rise out of the crater. Hulk swings at him again but Vartox is able to move out of the way. Vartox knows toe to toe is not the way to go with Hulk. He has to hit and run. Vartox runs as fast as he possibly can nailing Hulk with blasts of heat and cold energy. Hulk is swinging but missing. Vartox then uses his TK to raise a thin cloud of dirt in front of the Hulk to make his vision even worse. Hulk stands in an attack position. Vartox is still unleashing his energy blasts, Hulk then swings out his arm in time to catch Vartox. The momentum from Vartox staggers Hulk but Vartox takes the brunt of the blow as he goes from superspeed to stopped in a matter of milliseconds. Vartox tries to get up but Hulk smashes him again.

Hulk: Hulk not like man in leather disco suit.

Vartox: Always the suit with you people.

Hulk goes to smash Vartox again but Vartox nails him a huge TK punch that sends Hulk to the ground.

Hulk: Hulk not like that.

Hulk then charges Vartox, but Vartox moves out of the way and flies full force into the back of the Hulk sending him to the ground. Shockwaves from the force can be felt by all....

Booster still has the upperhand on Valkyrie. Booster in his cockiness underestimates the power of Valkyrie and he turns his back on her. It allows her enough time to charge him and nail him with a massive blow. His forcefield to some of the blow, but Booster still took the brunt of it. He gets up slow. Valkyrie goes to nail him again, but he blindly blasts her. It sends her by Cometman who is still on the ground holding his eyes.

Valkyrie: Cometman, I need help.

Cometman: I....I can't.

She looks at his face, his eyes are severely damaged.

She then sees Beetle and charges him but Booster is able to get in her way and blast her again. She looks up from the ground and is able to see Dragonfang. She gets up and grabs Dragonfang. She whips it at Beetle's aircraft. Booster tries to shoot the sword down, but to no avail. The sword cut straight through the ship sending it down to the ground, exploding on impact. Booster is able to get out of the way but Beetle is not, and he is thrown from the explosion, as is Cometman.

Hawkman lays on the ground cowering in pain from recieving the discus in the chest. Cap walks over and goes to slam his shield into Carter, but Carter is able to roll out of the way. Hawkman jumps to his feet. He is able to stand, but not he is still slouching in pain. Cap then goes to punch Hawkman but Hawkman blocks and swings his mace at Cap but Cap blocks with his shield and the mace shatters. Cap then slams the shield into Hawkman stomach, he then slams it into the chin of Hawkman knocking him unconcious.

Valkyrie walks over to Cometman who is incapacitated. She then grabs Drangonfang. Booster flies back in and goes to nail Valkyrie with another blast of energy but Valkyrie is able to dodge and she swings Dragonfang up and slices Booster. He falls to the ground. He gets back up and looks at his suit which is now starting to malfunction. Valkyrie runs over and nails Booster with a kick to the face, Booster falls to the ground and tries to nail her with a blast of energy but his suit is too far gone to do much. He can only lay there and take the punishment that Valkyrie dishes out.

Superman knocks Bill out of the mansion,Bill lands out on the lawn. He looks around and sees the destruction that is going on. Superman does not allow Bill to get to his feet. Bill is n the ground knocked silly as the Kryptonian unloads on Bill. Underneath Superman, Bill can't do much but he is able to raise Stormbreaker and nail Superman with a huge bolt of mystical energy which sends Superman flying back. Bill is able to get up and nail Superman with another blast of energy. Superman is now reeling. Bill is unloading bolt after bolt onto Kal-L, who is now on his knees. Superman is not done though, he unleashes his fury on Bill with blasts of heat and cold. He uses his superspeed and nails Bill with more punches than he can remember. Superman then jumps up and barrels into Bill sending he and Bill by Vartox and Hulk.

Valkyrie and Captain America find each other and square off. They know each other, and even consider each other allies and friends, but today they are enemies. Cap lands the first blow nailing Val with a kick to the stomach but Valkyrie lands one a punch of her own on Cap. Cap is strong but not as strong as Val. Valkyrie then swings again at Cap, but he holds up his shield. Val's hand connects with Cap's shield, shattering her hand. Valkyrie holds her hand and Cap sensing weakness dives at Val, who is able to shrug him off. She then throws Dragonfang with her good hand but Cap is able to block it, but in doing so, he leaves himself open and Val is able to tackle Cap to the ground, Cap tries to block, but Valkyrie is too strong for him and she nails him with the handle on Dragonfang ending their battle.

Vartox and Bill both lay on the ground while their opponents stand above them. Hulk goes to swing at Vartox, but Bill is able to jump on his feet and nail Hulk in the arm with Stormbreaker. Hulk screams in pain, and Superman goes for Bill, but Vartox cuts him off and tackles him to the ground. Bill swings wildly at Hulk knocking Hulk back more and more. Bill unloads on the Hulk with lightning blasted from Stormbreaker, Hulk falls to the ground. Bill holds the hammer above his head and swings at Hulk, but Hulk uses his thunderclap and sends Bill flying backwards.

Vartox, nails Kal-L with a flurry of punches. Both are equally fast, but Vartox has the advantage. He then uses his TK punch to nail Superman into the ground.

Vartox: You may not be the Superman I befriended, but you are still Superman and you are still worthy.

With that Vartox nails Superman with another flurry of punches leaving him on the ground.

Bill is on the ground and Hulk is stalking him. But Hulk gets taken down by a flying Vartox. Vartox uses his TK to try and hold Hulk down, but he cannot and Hulk gets up and backhands Vartox. Bill is able to nail Hulk with a mystical bolt but Hulk walks through it. Bill hurls another and another but Hulk keeps walking through them. Bill is able to hold Hulk's attention long enough for Vartox to jump up and clasp his hands on Hulk's skull and he channels the telepathic energy through the Hulk, a few moments later and Hulk falls to the ground.

Bill stops and Vartox goes to his knees.

Vartox: This Hulk was one of the strongest beings I have ever met.

Bill: He indeed is.

Valkyrie then walks over to Bill and Vartox.

Valkyrie: Everyone else is down.

Bill: Cometman and Hawkman?

Valkyrie: They will live but be very sore in the morning.

Vartox: I think everyone will.

With that the Society walk into the sunset victorious once again.

Prep-Time

DL: "This is the life. Yep, I could sure get used to this."

Fate: Crosses his arms as he looks at Deadline. "What do you think you are doing?"

DL: Sits in a rather large chair with his legs propped up, leaning back with a cigar in his mouth and what appears to be a snifter of brandy in the other hand. "Havin' a good ol' time Fate. Don't know where we are, but it's not a bad place to fight."

Fate: "We happen to be in the home of Bruce Wayne."

DL: Sits up at that news. "The Bruce Wayne?!?"

Proctor: "And who is Bruce Wayne?"

DL: "Man, you must be from another universe." Proctor just stares at him. "Why don't you get yourself a drink and grow a sense of humor?"

Proctor: "Why don't you anser my question."

DL: "Geez. Wayne's one of the richest guys in the world. Well, my world at least. Billions of family dollars and a big company. And he knows how to spend it too. Big time playboy and all that. Not a bad life."

Surfer: "It sounds like a very hollow and empty existence."

DL: "Says you. Sounds damn good to me. Women, money, power. Yeah, that's the good life."

Fate: Ignore the assassign and focuses on the Silver Surfer. "What have you found?"

Surfer: "I scouted the surrounding area. It's a very large estate. Several smaller buildings and a number of places in which to hide or ambush."

Vision: Passes through a wall and into the room. "The mansion is large, but unremarkable. A testament to excessive living."

DL: "Sure is. Y'know, a guy like Wayne's got to have a safe around here somewhere. Probably filled with cash or jewels or something. Maybe I'll poke around myself."

Fate: "You would do better to leave this place unmolested and stop talking about Bruce Wayne in such a way."

Proctor: "Why is Wayne so important?"

Fate: "It's not you concern. Let's just focus on the match."

DL: "Whatever you say," the assassign says as he leans back into the chair. "So, who we up against this time?"

Fate: Waves his hands and the images of the other team appears. "Hmmm, I know little about these opponents. I know little about Byakko, and believe I've fought Thor and Loki before in the tournament. Although I believe they were different versions."

Proctor: Sighs. "This is not good."

Vision: "How 'not good' is it?"

Proctor: "Very bad."

DL: "Well, that clears it up."

Proctor: "Thor and Loki are gods. Very powerful gods."

Fate: "I have the power of a Lord of Order!"

Proctor: "And Loki is an actual god. A 'Lord of Chaos', if you will."

Surfer: "He and Thor will be extremely difficult to defeat."

Proctor: "There is more. This Black Knight...he is me."

DL: Spits out the brandy in his mouth. "You?!?"

Proctor: "Yes, me. From an alternate timeline."

Surfer: "So what does that mean for us, exactly?"

Vision: "The probabilities are...confused."

Surfer: "How do you mean?"

Vision: "It is as if our teams were...designed to specifically fight each other. As if..."

Fate: "As if our powers were selected specifically to combat our opponents as closely as possible."

Vision: "The probablity of success for either team is approximately 50%."

DL: "This is gonna be a good fight!"

Pre-Battle

Fate: "Are you sure this will work?"

DL: "Nope."

Surfer: "Yet you were very insistant."

DL: "Hey, if they're as bad as you say, it should work fine."

Proctor: "Should? Why did we decide to listen to this...man?"

DL: "You didn't want to."

Proctor: "I still do not."

DL: "But the other did. So we are. There!" he sticks his tounge out at Proctor.

Vision: "The probabilities have not changed."

DL: "You guys worry to much."

Fate: "I do not want to die."

DL: Shakes his head. "Told you guys to have a cigar and drink. Really settles the nerves."

Proctor: Leans in and whispers to Vision. "I think I'll kill him after this match."

Vision: "That may be best."

Proctor: Surprise crosses his face at that statement. "You agree?"

Vision: "We must do what is necessary to survive."

Proctor: "You are not the Vision I know."

Vision: "No, I am not."

Battle
"So, you are the one given the name Fate. Such a mighty title for a lowly mortal to possess," Loki says to the man standing infront of him on the outskirts of Bruce Wayn'es property. "Loki, god of mischief. I expected you to be taller." Loki just shakes his head. "No, I am the God of Evil." Fate shrugs his shoulders. "That's even worse. You should be a lot taller." Anger crosses Loki's face. "Foul mortal. Such words mean you end!" A blast of energy charges between Loki's hands and blast out towards the servant of Nabu. "Not, I think, today," Fate says simply as he teleports away. A blast of energy strikes Loki in the back, drilling him across the ground. "Damned Fate, you head will fall when I...YOU?!?" "Yes, ME!" the Silver Surfer says as he smashes his board into Loki's gut and lifts him off the ground...

Energy rips open the sky above Wayne Manor as two Heralds give their all in a grand fight. "Fair, Surfer. I bested you in battle once without the powers of thine master. Now as a Herald of the Destroyer of Worlds, I shall defeat you yet again." The Surfer drops down at nearly the speed of light only to rise up again and land an uppercut to Thor's jaw, sending him flying. He lights up the sky with a blast of power cosmic against the god. "I do not know of what you speak, Thor. But if I was still a Herald, I would be glad to fall and be released from slavery. Slavery which you apparently accepted." "WRETCH!!!" Thor yells, thunder ringing the sky. "I am slave to noen." The Surfer takes a blow from Mjolnir to the face and falls. "You are a slave to the evil of Galactus just as I was. But you are Thor! You should have died then allow yourself to be enslaved. To prevent yourself from being used to take countless mortal lives." Thor can't help but stop for a moment. The Surfer takes the time to transmute the air around Thor into Adamantium. But only moments later Thor transmutes the metal back into the air it come from. "You?" Thor asks in disbelief. "Yes, me," Dr. Fate says as he blasts Thor from all directions with magical energy...

"He's mine Ambrose," the Black Knight says as he faces off against his dimensional counter-part. "Are you sure?" Ambrose Chase asks. "Just go, help the others." Ambrose nods and takes off down the hallway of the mansion to find another fight. "Very foolish," Proctor says as he pulls his Ebony Blade. "Why's that?" Dane Whitman asks as he pulls his Sword of Light. "One should never fight alone when possible." Energy lashes out from Proctor's eyes, only to be absorbed by Whitman's Shield of Night. The energy is transfered to Whitman's Sword and blasts back at Proctor, who blocks it with his blade. For a moment, the two are at a standstill. The Black Knight takes a step forward and Proctor smiles, throwing Whitman for a second. But a second is all Proctor needs as he teleports away. The beam from the sword tears into the wall behind where Proctor stood. "Dammit!" is all Dane can get out before he screams in pain. Vision rises through the floor, passing through Dane's body. Dane drops his weapons and falls to the floor, convulsing. Proctor teleports back in and drives his blade into Whitman's chest. He looks up at Vision, expecting an argument. "A logical decision," Vision simply states. Proctor is somewhat surprise, but then smiles. "I though so," he says. The moment is shattered as a staff phases through Vision's now solid form. Sparks fly as circuits fail and Vision screams in pain. His body becomes partially phased and slips sideways partway into the floor. Byakko stands there, never making a sound in her approach...

Voting may now begin....

Chaos & Order - 7/10
The Incorrigible Punkasses - 1/10

Justice Society - 6/10
The Underdogs - 1/10

ipbanner.jpg

Loki (The Reigning) (DU): 1 2 (Dr. Strange's spells, tools, and records are also available to this version.)
Thor (w/ Power Cosmic) (MU): 1 2, Mjolnir: 1 2 (Add to any mention of his powers internalized flight and the standard energy projection abilities common to Power Cosmic wielders.)
Byakko (DM): 1
Ambrose Chase (DR): 1 2 3 4
Black Knight (Dane Whitman) (MR): 1 2 3

Prep Time

The Punkasses flash into existence before a huge mansion.

"This dwelling..." Thor wonders, "is it the Avengers' estate?"

"Not quite, Thor," Dane answers. "I'd recognize Tony's mansion anywhere. This one's definitely close in size, but it's not Avengers Mansion. Whoever it does belong to must really be loaded, though."

"It is Wayne Manor," Byakko informs them. "Even one of simple means such as I knows of Bruce Wayne, the multi-billionaire businessman, and his home, the site of many infamous 'encounters,' if the media is to be believed."

"Weird," Ambrose notes. "We've been through secret government bases and frozen wastelands, but now we get dropped into the middle of some rich guy's lawn? It doesn't add up. There's gotta be something more to this place if it follows the pattern of our previous battlegrounds."

"Who says there even is a pattern, Ambrose?"

"Trust me, Dane: you look hard enough, you'll find that there's always a pattern."

"Well, let's have a look inside and see if--"

"Nay! It cannot be!" The Punkasses turn to find Thor looking at Loki as if he's seen a ghost. "Base villain! How did you survive Galactus' insatiable hunger?"

"I know not of what you speak, brother," Loki replies, perplexed. "I fear there may be some misunderstanding... the devourer has not visited Asgard in centuries."

"I say thee nay!" Thor's face turns into a scowl. "More of your lies, trickster! You mean to confound me for some dark purpose. Tell me what I wish to know, or I shall strike you down again in such a way that you shall ne'er return!"

Loki sighs with exasperation. "You always were a wool-headed idiot. Clearly something is not right with this picture. According to you I am dead--slain by Galactus, of all beings--but obviously that is not the case. Meanwhile, you appear centuries younger and are dressed in raiment the likes of which I have ne'er seen you wear."

Thor opens his mouth for another shout, but thinks on Loki's words and purses his lips. Finally, he says, "Muspelheim itself must have frozen over, for I do believe I hear the ring of truth in your words, stepbrother. Your visage does appear grayed with age, and you have come to possess artifacts once in the care of Midgard's Doctor Strange. How came these things to pass?"

"All-seeing Odin was slain in battle against Surtur and you took the throne. You were unable to let go of your love for the mortals and Midgard, however; you tried to help them and they brought Asgard's golden halls crashing down as thanks. 'Twas then that you realized that the humans must be cared for and led to greatness by their betters--us, the gods whom they had worshipped for centuries before. You remade the world in your image and appointed me with the supervision of man's security--a task to which I humbly say I have taken to with great aplomb. I am your most loyal and trusted aide. Together, we have transformed Midgard into the paradise that is New Asgard!"

"Nay... I say thee nay! Such a tale must be a flight of pure fancy. Ne'er would I seek to reign over the mortals whom I had so come to care for, and e'en less likely is it that I would appoint a snake such as you as chief supervisor of their fate!"

"Be that as it may, I have recounted my world's history honestly! What of you, thunderer? You were ever the mightiest of the gods, but how came you to possess power such as that which I sense in you now? 'Tis foreign to Asgard's golden streets... in fact, I have only sensed it in one other--the Silver Surfer, herald to the Devourer whom you have mentioned before. What, then, is your tale?"

"You are correct... the power you sense is the Power Cosmic, bestowed on me by Galactus. He came to the realm eternal and began a siege unlike any the giants of Jotunheim could muster--verily, e'en Surtur himself could not have displayed the cold, calculating efficiency and power of the devourer of worlds. Though I defeated Galactus' herald in combat, Asgard lay on the verge of extinction; but Galactus declared he was sated enough to search for a more suitable world, on the condition that I come with him as his new herald. I knew the golden realm could not withstand anymore punishment so I accepted, and Galactus was true to his word. Until you led an assault that finally conquered Asgard. I learned of it from Muninn and broke my agreement with Galactus to help free Asgard. For my defiance Galactus returned to Asgard and destroyed it completely. Balder led the survivors of your attack to safe haven on Midgard, but you... you I watched burn within Asgard with a smile on my lips."

"Your story is tragic, dear brother, but flawed nonetheless. 'Twas not I who did these things."

"But you would! In this and every other reality, Loki, you are vile and untrustworthy--a traitor to Asgard in all ways! Only Odin's infinite patience and misguided love for you has spared you." Thor grabs Loki's throat. "But perhaps I should remedy the All-Father's oversight."

"Oooookay there, big guy," the Black Knight says, stepping up to Thor, "I think that's en--"

"Begone, mortal! This is a matter for gods; you have no place here!"

"Aye, Whitman, beware. This Thor is not the bastion of honor and righteousness you know; he may well strike you down if you interfere further."

"Nay, I did not mean--"

"Oh, no? But is that not what you do, in service to Galactus, thunderer? Murder mortals by the planetful?"

"I choose planets filled with the unjust--with those who would lord their power over others!"

"Just as you lord your power over them?"

"I--!"

"Go on then, murderer! Carry out your task! Kill me, though I be loyal to your dimensional counterpart--king of all Asgard and Midgard, successor to Odin, infinite in his wisdom--merely for being the counterpart of your betrayer."

Thor's hand tightens around Loki's neck. "He's right, you know," Dane says. Thor shoots him a look of fury mixed with doubt. "Easy. I know, affairs of the gods and all, but I've fought alongside you guys in Asgard itself. I think I've earned the right to be heard." Some of the anger drains from Thor's eyes. "He is right. If you kill him now, you'll be no better than he is--well, your him was... you get what I mean."

Thor loosens his grip and lets Loki drop. "Aye, I do, friend Dane. Come, let us fight this battle and be done with it. I can bear to look at him no more, and if I must do so much longer, I fear I may do things that will make me unable to look at myself."

The Punkasses enter the huge mansion before them and scout it out. It appears to be a normal--albeit huge and extravagantly decorated--home. Then Loki summons the others' attention and they meet him by an old grandfather clock.

"I have used the Eye of Agamotto to scan the premises. It appears there is some sort of secret passage behind this clock." He pulls down on the pendulum and the clock slides to the side, revealing a doorway. The Punkasses head down the stairs and Byakko gasps. "What is it, phantasm?"

"I have heard of this place. This is the cave of Batman. He and Bruce Wayne... they are one and the same!"

"'Batman,' huh? Never heard of him." Dane continues down the stairs. "Well? You guys just gonna stand there, or are we gonna raid his stuff?"

The Punkasses look through the Batcave's weapons and technology, but before long the gargantuan screen of the main terminal flashes on and their opponents appear on it. The Black Knight and Thor inform the others of the Silver Surfer, the Vision, and Proctor, but Byakko can only give them broad information on Dr. Fate and even less on Deadline. The Punkasses take what information they have and work out their plans...

The Battles
Loki protects the team from telepathy, Byakko calls in two squads of her ninja minions, and the Punkasses head out to find their opponents in the vast underground complex that makes up the Batcave. They find them quickly and the battle begins on five separate fronts.

Byakko vs. Vision (Exiles)
Byakko leaps out of the way as the Vision's microwave vision tears up the ground beneath her. She sees the Vision and steps out into the light. "Come and get me, soulless one," she taunts. The Vision silently approaches, his eyes glowing with energy. Before he reaches Byakko, however, her ninjas emerge from the shadows, so silent that not even the likes of Superman could hear them, and grapple with the Vision. After a momentary surprise that leaves minor superficial damage on his chest and arm, the Vision decreases his density and the ninjas slide through him. He proceeds to Byakko and slides his hand through her, only to find that she is immaterial as well. She flips backwards, moving herself away from the Vision's hand, and uses her gravity powers to forcibly cram his molecules back together, capitalizing on the Vision's specific type of intangibility. Solid once again, the Vision tries to lower his density but can't because of Byakko's gravity. The ninjas move in to take potshots at the Vision and, while they work, Byakko slides her power staff into the Vision's chest and solidifies it. The left half of the Vision's torso explodes and his system overloads, knocking him out.

Thor (Herald of Galactus) vs. Silver Surfer (Earth M)
Thor and the Surfer meet in combat, both grim with determination. They pit their powers, identical in many ways, against each other and the Batcave rumbles under their power output. Sensing the whole structure might collapse, Thor flies through the doorway into Wayne Manor and hurls Mjolnir into the ceilinng, blowing a hole open. The Surfer follows him and they both end up outside to continue their battle. They trade blows some more, but now Thor capitalizes on his one advantage: magic. The Surfer can't manipulate it, giving Thor an advantage. The Surfer wields the Power Cosmic more skillfully than Thor thanks to his greater experience with it, but his attempts at transmutation are rejected by Thor's divine, magic- and Power Cosmic-reinforced body, and the energy attacks he pushes through Thor's defenses are countered immediately by magic blasts of similar magnitude. Finally, Thor's greater fighting experience begins turning the tide in his favor. He pours more and more magic power into each blast, until, after a particularly harsh volley, he sees the Surfer is dazed. Seizing the opportunity, Thor moves in, charges Mjolnir with magic energy, and slams it down onto the Surfer's head. The Surfer crashes down to Wayne Manor's well-kempt lawn. Thor releases a massive magic blast after him that obliterates the landscape for a dozen yards in all directions just to be sure.

Ambrose Chase vs. Deadline
Deadline zips through the Batcave on his flying discs and takes potshots at Ambrose, but Ambrose is no stranger to taking fire; he redirects and dodges every shot with strategic uses of his distortion field. Ambrose returns Deadline's fire and they find themselves in an old-fashioned shootout--the twist, of course, being that Deadline's shots can't get past Ambrose's fields and Ambrose's simply pass right through Deadline. Ambrose tries to weigh Deadline down with a gravity field, but Deadline's anti-grav discs nullify its effect. Deadline tries a paralyzing gas pellet, but Chase slows down time and gets out of its range before its effects take hold. Their ineffective battle continues until three of Byakko's ninjas appear to distract Deadline. He remains intangible, however, and shoots the ninjas. They are intangible too, however. It appears that they have reached a stalemate...

Loki ("The Reigning") vs. Dr. Fate
Loki and Dr. Fate face off. "You cannot defeat me, mortal. Surrender now and I may spare your life."

"You have been misinformed," Fate says with two voices in unison. "In this form, I am no mere mortal. I am the fusion of man and Lord of Order. I am immortal. I am Fate."

"You are nothing!" Loki launches the first volley, but the combatants are so evenly matched that the battle rages inconclusively for minutes. Finally, Dr. Fate comes to the same realization as the Silver Surfer and Thor: the Batcave isn't enough to contain his fight with Loki. He teleports outside and Loki, after mystically picking up his trail, follows soon after. "Protecting the mortal fools by moving the battle outside, eh? Why bother? I underestimated you, Fate. You may almost rival e'en me in power and skill." Loki throws an energy blast that Fate dodges, but Loki weaves an intricate spell so that it rebounds and hits Fate in the back. "But 'almost' never counted for much."

Their battle begins again in earnest. Loki uses all of his tricks and more than a few of Dr. Strange's, but Dr. Fate is able to match him blow for blow. Finally, Fate transports them to the Tower of Fate, hoping to gain some advantage. Loki is not about to let himself be trapped, however, so he teleports them back out to Wayne Manor. Fate fights on, but his mystical reserves are quickly depleting themselves under the fury of Loki's assault. Loki is testing the limits of his own power as well. Finally, each combatant finds that their mystical resources are all but exhausted. They each float, held aloft by their mystic vestments rather than their own power, and ponder what to do next at this seemingly impossible impasse. Finally, Loki makes a move. He summons the last of his power to craft a sword out of the air, then the Cloak of Levitation speeds him forward to tackle Dr. Fate.

"What in the name of Order and Chaos are you doing?!" Fate yells as they plummet earthward. "This is no way for sorcerers to do battle!"

"Perhaps, but beyond being a mere sorcerer, I am also descended from the giants of Jotunheim; war is in our very blood!" They crash into the ground but neither wastes any time in getting up. Fate uses what little power he has left to craft a sword of his own, and their frantic battle begins. Before long, however, Loki's superior swordsmanship, gained from having to go through the same training as every Asgardian child, turns the tide in his favor.

Nabu! Kent frantically calls. A little help here?!

What help would I be, Kent?

You were around back in Egypt, where this swordplay nonsense was actually necessary! Don't you know anything about it?

Kent, you are mistaken. I was in Egypt at the court of Khufu, but I served as royal sorcerer. I never did battle with my hands or a sword; such things were beneath me!

Great, thanks a lot, old man.
While Kent and Nabu argue in the helm, Loki presses his advantage. He scores a glancing blow to Fate's leg. Now limping, Fate has no chance. Loki nicks his arm in just the right spot, and his arm goes limp. His sword hanging ineffectively at his side, Dr. Fate has no way to defend when Loki's blade rakes across his chest, spilling blood. It begins to heal quickly, much to Loki's surprise.

"It seems I misjudged you. You heal faster than any mortal I have seen."

"As I said, I am a god in the form of man."

"Yes, well, I know a thing or two about godhood." Loki easily parries the thrust that Fate throws with his healing but still-weak arm and disarms him of his weapon, flicking it up in the air to land in his own free hand. He slashes Fate's legs out from under him and uses the two swords together like a pair of scissors, cleaving the sorcerer's head from his body. The exhausted Loki is pleased to find that Fate squirms only for a moment before his body is still. "Verily, 'twould seem that beheadings are effective against gods beyond us Asgardians, as well."

Black Knight vs. Proctor
Dane flies through the Batcave on Strider. A blast of energy nearly unseats him and he turns to find Proctor staring back at him. "Howdy, doppelganger. Did you miss the part where you're supposed to be dead?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Whitman. I'm as alive as ever, which will soon be more than you can say for yourself."

"Big talk from a guy whose entire evil agenda basically breaks down to his being a love-sick puppy with rejection issues."

"Sersi? That Eternal ****e was just the beginning. But now it's time for your end!" Proctor releases another blast of energy from his eyes, but Dane catches it with the Shield of Night and returns it to him with the Sword of Light. Proctor's Ebony Blade whips out and deflects the blast. It cuts through a stalactite, which crashes to the ground nearby. Dane swoops down on Strider to fight Proctor close-range. His mind is protected by Loki's mystic shield, so it all comes down to a battle of skill between the two master swordsmen. Proctor has the physical advantage thanks to the enhancements his gann'josin and Ebony Blade have given him, but Strider evens things out in that respect and the Knight knows the Ebony Blade inside and out while his own armaments are from a chapter in the life of Dane Whitman that Proctor never experienced.

For example, the Knight knows that the Ebony Blade keeps its wielder immortal but as susceptible to pain as ever. He rears Strider's forelegs up, forcing Proctor to dodge his thunderous hooves, then stabs Proctor through the chest. His mystical sword slides through Proctor's technologically advanced armor with ease, impaling the villain. The Knight pulls his sword out and watches Proctor collapse in pain as blood pours out of the gaping hole in his chest. "You know, I'm glad you didn't have the sense to give up your Ebony Blade. That immortality enchantment means I get to cut loose on you without any fear of accidentally going too far."

"I am equally glad you never had the sense to exploit your Ebony Blade... otherwise you would have known that its magic, coupled with the gann'josin, has made me more resilient than ever." Proctor stands up, the wound in his chest visibly smaller, and shrugs off the pain to lunge at the Knight. Dane catches the Ebony Blade with his own, however, and they grapple for a moment. Proctor tries blasting Dane but Dane recoils and takes to the air with Strider, breaking their grapple. Proctor fires again and again, but he keeps missing Dane or having his blasts absorbed by the Shield of Night. Dane swoops in again, but this time Proctor manages to grab him and unseat him from Strider. Dane falls to the ground, his shield sliding out of his grasp, and barely raises his sword to block the Ebony Blade's would-be fatal blow. Dane kicks Proctor off of himself, but it's like kicking concrete--without Strider, Dane knows he is at a serious physical disadvantage against Proctor. "You know you have no chance... I can sense it... you're terrified because you know I have all of your formidable combat training and ten times the strength you do."

"Stronger or not, I bet this'll still sting!" Dane rushes Proctor, who deftly parries the thrusting Sword of Light. Dane knew Proctor would do as much, however, because it's what Dane himself would do. Dane uses the force of Proctor's own parry to spin himself; he grabs the photonic blade he keeps stored on the back of his belt, flicks it onto the , and ends his spin by jamming it into Proctor's head. The sudden jolt of the sword's neural disruptor, delivered straight into Proctor's blade, forces the villain's entire body to seize up. He collapses to the floor and convulses helplessly. Dane kicks the Ebony Blade out of his hand and runs the Sword of Light through his chest, carefully avoiding Proctor's heart, until it is buried several inches in the stone floor beneath Proctor. "You'll heal from that," Dane pants, exhausted from fighting himself, "but my bet is that it won't happen anytime soon."

The Punkasses vanish, their mission complete and their victory assured.

Chaos & Order: 6/10
The Incorrigible Punkasses: 8/10

Justice Society: 7/10
The Underdogs: 1/10

First part of battle up. Second part coming soon...

Chaos & Order: 7/10

Justice Society: 8/10(very nice)
The Underdogs: 0/10

Battle: Part II

"I'm surprised," Fate says as he becomes intangible to allow Thor's blow to pass through him. A spell binds Thor in bands of energy, giving Fate a moment to rest. A surge of godly strength breaks through the bonds. "Of what do you speak?" Thor asks, enjoying the battle as he fires power cosmic from his hand. The enrgy clashes against a barrier. Nabu whispers words into Kent Nelson's ear, which Nelson repeats. Two giant claws appear in the air and, as Kent brings his hands together, come together to crush Thor between them. "That you would fight with your brother knowing his plans." Mjolnir bursts through one hand with Thor following behind his trusty weapon. "Of what plans doth thou speak?" Thor asks, somewhat curious. Bolts of lightning rain down, but Fate constructs massive lightening rods to direct the energy into the ground, knocking the power to the mansion out. "You are a greater fool than Loki said," Fate lies. "Do you not know what will happen if he survives this tournament? He will have ultimate power. 'Enough', to paraphrase, 'to finally bring down my most favored brother, and claim my rightful place on fair Asgard's throne." Thor howls in rage. "Deceiver! Thou tries to turn brother against brother!" The skies rumble in a mirror of Thor's emotions. "Really?" Fate asks. "You trust the very god you have been opposed to all you life? Whatever became of Loki in your world?" "He...he...claimed the throne of Asgard..." Thor says with realization. "Then let us find out just how much he can be trusted." With a spell, Fate and Thor teleport away...

The Surfer transmutes the adamantium spears coming at him from all directions into harmless water. But it gives Loki enough time to create a rock creature large enough to smash the Norrin into the ground with a single blow. The Surfer looks into the sky. He's given the god a number of good attacks, but Loki's magic has been proving too much for him. The rock creature takes a step towards the former herald as Loki looks on, grinning. Then, the creature vanishes in a cloud of dust. "Wha..." Loki manages as he takes a backhand from his brother. "I know trusting you was impossible. "Brother, Loki says as he wipes blood from his mouth. I do not understand." Magic tears Loki's back as Fate decends. Thor grabs his brother's throat and slams his head with Mjolnir. Loki smashes into the ground. Thor dlands next to him. "Fate has told me of your treacherous plans." Loki tries to rise, but Fate hits him again. "Damn fool!" Loki explodes, strking Thor and Fate with energy. Only a forcefield protects Fate as Thor is sent flying. Loki gets to his knees. "The mortal has confused your pathetic mind, 'fair brother'!" Loki spits with sarcasm. "Let my Eye expose the truth." Grabbing the amulet around his neck, the Eye of Agamotto exposes the lies Fate had spouted. "No!" Thor says as he turns to Fate. "I was right!" Loki smiles. "Yes you wereaaaAARRRHRH!!!!" Loki falls to the ground, smoke rising from him. The Surfer glows with energy. "NOOOOOO!!!" Thor screams in fury...

Proctor tries to move, but it keeps getting harder. As if he was getting heavier and heavier. Byakko just stands there with her hands extended. "Wha...what...?" Proctor tries to say. "It will be over soon," Byakko replies. "Sure will," a voice behind her says. She turns her head to see the barrel of a nasty looking rifle pointed at her head. Deadline pulls the trigger, and the gun fires, but the bullet travels far too slowly. Deadline just stands there with a grin as the bullet crawls along. Behind Deadline stands Ambrose Chase, creating a pocket of slow-time around the assassign. Byakko nods in appreciation and drive her staff into Deadline's chest. But nothing happens. The distraction is all Proctor needs as he teleports infront of Ambrose and drives his blade into his chest. A punch to the face sends Ambrose flying off of the blade, and Deadline speeds back up. The bullet passes through the prepared Byakko. Deadline looks at the staff in his chest. "So, you can phase too? And you got a hot anime thing going. I like you." "Disguting," Byakko says. Deadline shrugs and drops through the floor while Byakko follows. Proctor looks at the blood smeared wall Chase just slid down and at the fallen Vision. He teleports away...

Floor after floor passes by while Deadline drops down. Everytime he looks up, Byakko is following. Passing through another floor, Deadline finds himself in rock and smiles, thinking how this will be the perfect time to lose her. That's when he unexpetedly drops through the top of a massive cave. Lights pop on all around him and Deadline can only look on in shock as the realization hits him. "Oh, no way! No ****ing way! Bruce Wayne is Batman!?!" "And you are dead!" Byakko says as she catches up with the assassign. Deadline bearly avoids the strike and fires off his gun. The bullets pass harmlessly through her. "Yeah, this could take a while..."

The Surfer goes flying off his board as Mjolnir crashes into his head and lays still on the ground. Blind with rage, Thor lashes out, firing energy at Fate. Fate bends the beam around his body and back at Thor, who just absorbs it with his hammer. Thor takes to the air firing blast after blast. Fate's shield blocks the attacks as he fires back beams from his hands. Thor waves off the energy with Mjolnir. But another beam strikes him in the back. Thor turns to see Proctor in the air. "Another vile being." Thor tries to raise his hammer to attack, but can't. Sweat beads down Proctor's face as he focuses his telekentic grip. Thor smiles at the challange and rips his hammer free fromthe grip. Proctor's head whips back with the backlash. Thor fires a massive blast to distract Fate and comes at Proctor. Proctor pulls his blade and Thor grins with battle hunger. "Blade against hammer. As you wish. Thor raises his hammer, but is confused when Proctor just holds the blade lengthways in the palms of his hands. The Blade glows for a second then disappears. Thor's eyes go wide with surprise as he looks down at his chest. The Ebony Blade, imbued with a spell crafted by Nabu and teleported by Fate sticks in from Thor's back, and out through his ribcage. "By Odin's name..." Thor says as his eyes roll back and he falls. Proctor drops to the ground smiling and reaches for his Blade. "NO!" Fate yells too late as Proctor's hand grips the handle and Thor's hand grips Proctor's. Energy both magical and cosmic tears into Proctor who soundlessly yells and falls. Fate shakes his head and stands over Thor. Thor looks up at him. "T'was a good battle afterall," Thor said as his eyes close.

"I...give...how...about...Uncle?..." Deadline struggles to stand. Even phased, gravity still acts on the body. And Byakko keeps pouring it on. Then she notices the new body standing infront of her. She sighs and nods in acceptance of her defeat as Fate unleashes a mystical attack. Byakko falls to the ground.

"Your plan almost failed." Fate says to his last standing teammate. "Yeah, but it didn't." Deadline smiles. Kent Nelson sighs in frustration. "We should have never listened to you." "Oh, c'mon! Turning the god-sized sibling rivals against each other. That's a classic!" Fate just quietly walks away.

Chaos & Order struggle on.

Chaos & Order: 9/10

Could've went either way.

AnnoyingSilence said:
Chaos & Order: 7/10

Justice Society: 8/10(very nice)
The Underdogs: 0/10

Thank you.

Set #2
Chaos & Order: 9
VS
The Incorrigble Punkasses: 8

Justice Society: 7
VS
The Underdogs: 0

Some comments:
- First match was hard to decide on.
- Punisher, your opposing team should've had Professor Hulk, so not the dumb one (which is more of a critique against Wieg, I guess :p).
- Wieg, Kent Nelson isn't really all that much in control as Fate. Like Corp described in his write-up, it's really a melding of Kent and Nabu. Nabu doesn't whisper so to speak, he just plain takes control. Kent Nelson was there for all of the stuff that happened to him as Dr. Fate, but Nabu usually just plain controlls his body.

Chaos & Order: 10
The Incorrigble Punkasses: 9
(A very good matchup and hard to decide since they were both put together nicely)

The Underdogs: 1

Voting is closed.

Final scores are:

Chaos & Order 48
The Incorrigble Punkasses 42

Justice Society 40
The Underdogs 4

Harlekin said:
Set #2
Chaos & Order: 9
VS
The Incorrigble Punkasses: 8

VS
The Underdogs: 0

Some comments:
- First match was hard to decide on.
- Punisher, your opposing team should've had Professor Hulk, so not the dumb one (which is more of a critique against Wieg, I guess :p).
- Wieg, Kent Nelson isn't really all that much in control as Fate. Like Corp described in his write-up, it's really a melding of Kent and Nabu. Nabu doesn't whisper so to speak, he just plain takes control. Kent Nelson was there for all of the stuff that happened to him as Dr. Fate, but Nabu usually just plain controlls his body.

Didn't realize that. Damn you Wieg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"