DTL Season 5-Week 10 (Set 2)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
Due to the holiday, these threads will be in use for 9 days. Days 1-4 (Jan 26 - Jan 29) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help.

On Day 5 (Jan 30) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count. Look over the matchups and read the strategies, and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match. (Note: The length of a writeup the discretion of the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember to vote for all matches or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 10th day (Feb 3) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: The Arctic Fortress Of Solitude

B'wana Bet?
Lightray (DM)
Iron Man (equipped with Mother Box) (MM)
Vixen (DR)
Reed Richards (MR)
Mister Miracle (DR)

VS.

(Owner - Mistress Gluon)*
Wabird (eXiles) (MM)
Killer Frost (DM)
Deathstroke (DR)
Bullseye (MR)
Agent X (MR)

Deadpool's Harem
Engineer DM
Byakko DM
Deadpool MR
Dead Girl DR
Jaine Cutter DR

VS.

The Immortals
Brainiac 417 w/MonElves (DM) - Spirit-form tech genius/technopath with 3 miniature super powered assistants.
Iceman (MM) - Ability to generate intense cold, massive amounts of ice, manipulate all water to some extent and take on an ice form which grants enhanced durability and strength.
Chunk (DR) - Teleporting computer genius with matter absorption abilities.
"Death"Wolverine (MR) - Mutant with healing factor, heightened senses, unbreakable bones/claws, a sword that fires large energy blasts and armor that provides cloaking and low level teleportation.
Midnighter (DR) - Fighter who has heightened senses, enhanced speed, durability, strength, skeleton and a healing factor. Also has a computer-enhanced brain that can instantly predict every possible move an opponent can make and plot the most effective counter move.

Deadpool's Harem
Engineer DM
Byakko DM
Deadpool MR
Dead Girl DR
Jaine Cutter DR

VS.

The Immortals
Brainiac 417 w/MonElves (DM) - Spirit-form tech genius/technopath with 3 miniature super powered assistants.
Iceman (MM) - Ability to generate intense cold, massive amounts of ice, manipulate all water to some extent and take on an ice form which grants enhanced durability and strength.
"Death"Wolverine (MR) - Mutant with healing factor, heightened senses, unbreakable bones/claws, a sword that fires large energy blasts and armor that provides cloaking and low level teleportation.
Midnighter (DR) - Fighter who has heightened senses, enhanced speed, durability, strength, skeleton and a healing factor. Also has a computer-enhanced brain that can instantly predict every possible move an opponent can make and plot the most effective counter move.
Bwahahaha don't you dare ****ing edit that post. Our team gets to know EVERYTHING about her team, since she failed to provide descriptions.

I plain forgot.

Engineer DM - Nanotechnology in her body allows her to fly and to create anything she can imagine, super genius intellect.
Byakko - can render herself and other people intangible, stealth, martial artist, disrupts electrical equipment, controls gravity
Deadpool MR - healing factor, enhanced agility, martial artist, paraphenelia: teleporter, image inducer
Dead Girl MR - Acclerated healing factor, Telepathy with the dead, Superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, Intangibility
Jaine Cutter MR Jaine can cover herself at will with virtually invulnerable armored white Styx Iron skin.

There.

I'm thinking Khel don't give a **** if you forgot.

Not a micro****, son.

I feel like I should be inserting a Tech-N9ne lyric in there.

Well, Khellendros, you've been waiting so long to kick my ass, now you want me to operate at less than full capacity. And in the unlikely event that you do win, I will simply blame it on having an unfair advantage over me. :)

Well, Khellendros, you've been waiting so long to kick my ass, now you want me to operate at less than full capacity. And in the unlikely event that you do win, I will simply blame it on having an unfair advantage over me. :)
I can live with that. All's fair in love and war, baby.

Why is Byakko only a med, she has got to be uber when she can put down people at Superman level.
I can go ahead and count the number of uber-level characters Batman (a solid reg) has taken down...

Superman...
Superman again...
Superman a whole bunch of times...
A freaking squad of White Martians...
Darkseid...

Should I keep going? Those weren't even with prep-time! Bats just carries kryptonite on him, and I'd imagine making fire isn't real tough for him either.

I can go ahead and count the number of uber-level characters Batman (a solid reg) has taken down...

Superman...
Superman again...
Superman a whole bunch of times...
A freaking squad of White Martians...
Darkseid...

Should I keep going? Those weren't even with prep-time! Bats just carries kryptonite on him, and I'd imagine making fire isn't real tough for him either.

That I can understand, but how did she do it without Kryptonite. Batman outthought his opponents. She outfaught hers.

In any case, the point is moot.

I've corrected Mistress Gluon's lineup (Wieg had originally listed them with X's lineup -- which makes three teams he gave that lineup to).

Since everybody's doin these banner thingies...

banner-2.jpg

:D

Deadpool's Harem

Engineer DM - Nanotechnology in her body allows her to fly and to create anything she can imagine, super genius intellect.
Byakko - can render herself and other people intangible, stealth, martial artists, disrupts electrical equipment, controls gravity
Deadpool MR - healing factor, enhanced agility, martial artist, paraphenelia: teleporter, image inducer
Dead Girl MR - Acclerated healing factor, Telepathy with the dead, Superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, Intangibility
Jaine Cutter MR Jaine can cover herself at will with virtually invulnerable armored white Styx Iron skin.

vs

The Immortals

Prep Time

Engineer POV

Deadpool starts shivering the minute we are ported into the Fortress of Solitude. He is the only one without protection from the cold. He looks kind of helpless and pathetic. Like a small homicidal bunny tring to fight the cold and the winter.
"Y-y-ou'd-d-d think th-th-the g-g-greatest hero on th-th-the planet could-d-d-d afford-d-d-d some central heating-g-g-g" he bumbles.

I could make it warmer, but I just don't feel like it to be honest.

"How a-b-b-bout somebod-d-dy hug me quick. Let's share some bod-d-d-y heat"

And that's why... Deadpool has been making some choice remarks as of late, pointing out the fact that there always seems to be lots of females and just one male, namely him, in these teams. I do agree with his assesment, just not the reasoning behind it. That we were purposely put here just so he can have something to gawk at.

I come to what appears to be a computer terminal. On the screen information is displayed. The names of our oponents and some VERY brief descriptions for their powers. I go through it and stop at a name... Midnighter. Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this.Chunk i don't know, but can probably get information about him by accessing Superman's computer. Deadpool knows about Iceman and Wolverine... and then there's Brainiac 417. An energy bades life form from the future. from this future, of this world. I don't know that much about this universe, but I do know about Superman... and Brainiac. If this brainiac is an ancestor of that brainiac, than he probably knows more about Superman's tech and headquarters than I do, although Byakko HAS been here before and filled me in on some stuff. And since he's an energy based life form, he can probably find it and access it a whole lot faster than I can.

I voice my concerns to Byakko:
"What do you wish to do? Are you afraid of this creature?" she asks.
"I ain't scared of nuthin" I say, trying out my best Chicken Hawk from Looney Tunes impression.

I glance over at Deadpool sitting with Jaine and Dead Girl. He's fooling around with his image inducer, trying out different bodies but keeping the image of his head. Body of a swedish supermodel, a gorilla, a cat, a santa clause outfit. Dead Girl giggles at his show, while Jaine ignores him. His head than holographically transforms into Jaine Cutter's head, on the body of a 300 pound woman.
Dead Girls bursts out laughing, while Jaine slaps the mock-up over the head.

"Deadpool... can you give me your image inducer?" He quickly hands it over and I inspect its mechanism.
"You asked what we;re going to do Byakko? The only thing we can do. Fight dirty" I say and grin.

Battle:

Engineer uses Deadpool's tech to suit up EVERYBODY in the team the ever so useful radiotelepathy to keep them all in contact (except for Deadpool of course).

Than she sends Byakko to take care of three important tasks:

1. Shortcircuit the entire computer system. Whenever Byakko phases through something electronical, it wigs out. So, if she passes through processors and generators and the like, they will shut down. This should give Brainiac 417 a jolt should he be attempting to conect with the computer at that time.

2. Separate the other team by manipulating gravity and short circuit their comunicators or ghost them, and make 'em unusable.

3. Destroy any kind of kryptonian tech.

Since Byakko's been in the Fortress before, she knows where they are. She meets up with Brainiac of course, and engages him in battle. Manipulating gravity he forces the mon'eleves to the floor and binds their flesh to it.

She contacts the Engineer radiotelepathically and Engineer thinks of attacking Brainiac mentally, instead of phisically. So she modifies the frequency on the radiotelepathy increasing the intensity, creating an artifical telepathic attack against Brainiac, and it works, leaving him in a catatonic state, but since she used Byakko as a tranceiver, Byakko is also down for the count.

Meanwhile, using the teleportaters and image inducers, this is what the rest of my team do:

- Engineer creates two dupes.

Disguised as Death Wolverine and Midnighter they approach Iceman. He is no longer in contact with his team so he doesn't know they aren't the real mccoys, and even if he was prepped on Deadpool's holographic device, he'd be expecting only Deadpool to use it. So it's pretty easy for Angie to get close to him and create a web of microscopic knives that slice through his atoms, and destabilizing his molecular structure. From ice, he turns into a bunch of free floating atoms of oxygen and hydrogen

- Jaine and Deadpool teleport to Chunks position disguised, obviously, as Wolverine and Midnighter. Chunk sees what appears to be a wonded Wolverine supported by Midnighter who tells him Deadpool is runing around disguised as Midnighter. Chunk nods that he understands and heads off to find his so-called target.

They leave him and as soon as they're out of sight, they teleport to their new targets: Deadpool against midnighter and Jaine along with Dead Girl against Wolverine. There's no point in using image inducers because Midnighter and Wolverine's heightened senses can't really be fooled.

Death Wolverine's energy sword and Armor are useless against Jaine's skin and her claws. He is also distracted by Dead Girl who keeps conjuring up images of all the people he's killed. Death falls.

Deadpool/Midnighter should be an interesting fight. Cold and calculated vs crazy and chaotic.

Deadpool: So... Angie tells me you're gay.
Midnighter: Yes. Why? Are you interested?
Deadpool: Sorry, you're not my type.
Midnighter: Stop, you're breaking my heart. And speaking of breaking.
Deadpool: I think it's wonderful you have somebody to Love. I'm in love to you know.
Midnighter: i don't think loving yourself counts.
Deadpool: No, it's not that. I mean, I do love myself. 5 times a day... but I meant this girl. This beautiful wonderful girl. She's called Death.
Midnighter: Charmin,
Deadpool: Yeah, cause I died once... and she was there waiting for me. And sh'e been waiting for me ever since.
Midnighter: And you're telling me this because.
Deadpool: Because tonight I'm gonna get to see her. You see, there's a bomb inside me set to go off in 5 minutes.
Midnighter: ...
Deadpool: Angie told me a lot of things. She told me that you can see all the ways a fight can end, every single thing the other shmuck can do. Tell me. As crazy and unstable as I am, and as good as I know you are, wouldn't it be conceivable, that I'd want to end this fight the only way i can get a guaranteed win?
Midnighter: ...
Midnighter waits a couple of seconds and then punches a hole straight through Deadpool stomach, Deadpool lurches forward, his body in shock.
Deadpool: Oh man, I knew I shouldn'tve had that burrito.

Busy looking through Deadpool's entrails, Midnighter felt something snap over his fingers. He pulled his hand out to find a small coroded mouse trap.
- Oops, how did that get in there... I'm so embarassed.

Midnighter takes the mouse trap off, and tries to contain his laughter. The ridicoulness of the situation is getting to him. When he looks down, Deadpool has teleported away. He goes in search of him and finds... Chunk. Who absorbs him.

Dead Girl, alerted by Engineer who had been keeping an eye on, Chunk sneaks up from behind and knocks him out.

Alright, I am sick as all hell, so this is going to be a sorta bare bones writeup, not really any story.

Prep time -

Brainiac should recognize the Fortress as being the ancient Superman's home base. Even if he doesn't, the value of all the tech surrounding them will not escape him. So, knowing that his opponents have their own tech genius (because they know everything about the other team, remember), his first task will be to dispatch the M'on Elves to retrieve the Phantom Zone projector. After that, his task will be making Chunk, Midnighter and Death's tech tamper-proof with a combination of 853rd century knowledge and Kryptonian technology.

Next order of business will be to help them all memorize the layout of the Fortress, especially the two teleporters. Finally, he will craft a set of communication devices, just to make in-battle coordination easier.

The Battle -

In a battle of phasers versus teleporters, the key to victory will be the initial shock and awe. The instant the co-opted Fortress sensors detect the presence of the other team, Chunk will teleport the entire team to that location, and concern himself with immediately absorbing the Kryptonian tech-enhanced, automated dupes Engineer will have doubtlessly produced. Death and Midnighter will concentrate on Deadpool and Dead Girl, while Brainiac will take out the biggest threat: turning the PZ projector on Engineer herself the instant he materializes.

Byakko and Jaine cutter will be trouble, but Iceman, now completely ice and able to reform any damage they could do, keeps them well occupied. Eventually, Chunk will go down to the Engineer dupes, but Deadpool will fall to Death, due to the fact that he is better protected due to his armor, more mobile due to teleportation, and able to vaporize huge portions of DP's body with blasts from his sword. Midnighter will have significantly more trouble with Dead Girl, and she will likely win (since nothing he can do will stop her), but Death, who has experience training and fighting alongside another phaser, will be able to at least keep her busy for some time.

Eventually, it will come down to Brainiac, his M'on Elves, and Iceman versus the two phasers and Cutter. This will result in a ridiculous stalemate, with neither side initially able to do lasting damage to the other. In the end, though, the Immortals still have their tech genius, while the Harem lacks theirs. And, whether it is due to the PZ projector, or some other Kryptonian tech being drafted into service, the win is pretty much securely in the hands of the Immortals.

Final points: OKay, the biggest objection I see forthcoming is that Brainiac gets the PZ projector and Engineer doesn't. My reasoning is that, having experience with far more advanced technology than that available in the Fortress, and likely some foreknowledge of the contents held within, it is just more likely that he will get to it first. Engineer, with the Doctor's help, took quite a long time to get the Carrier to the point where it would act as the Authority's base ship. Here, she's without his help and almost no knowledge of what might be contained within. Basically, anything she can find, he can find faster.

You voted for LadyVader before she wrote anything? Even though Khell did post something?

Were you just really impressed with her banner, or what?

Yeah. He recognizes talent when he sees it. :D

No, seriously though, I WILL post something. I actually have a couple of neat ideas. But I need to get through this day first. :(

B'wana Bet? vs Mistress Gluon
Deadpool's Harem vs The Immortals

Bwahahaha. THE MASSES REFUSE TO WAIT. THEIR OPINIONS WILL BE HEARD.

But srsly thought, check's in the mail Nightwing.

Oh God, why did I come to work today. If I die, I want Ahura to be given an automatic win for this week.

B'wana Bet
Deadpool's Harem in maybe the toughest vote I've had to cast yet.

Battle is up. :)

Some points that I feel I should explain:

- The only way I found in the comics for Brainiac 417 to get hurt is through telepathy. I guess it's a little weird that Angie would just know that, but I think it's the only conceivable way to hurt somebody who doesn't have a physical form and is not even in this dimension entirely. She'd at least try it.

- The Immortals are split up by Byakko, and they lose their way of communicating. Nobody knows where everybody is so the teleporters couldn't teleport to eachother.

- To be honest, I think Byakko and Engineer by themselves could take care of this particular line-up, but I had to give the other characters something to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"