DTL Season 5-Week 8 (Set 2)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
Due to the holiday, these threads will be in use for 10 days. Days 1-4 (Jan 6 - Jan 9) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help.

On Day 5 (Jan 10) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count. Look over the matchups and read the strategies, and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match. (Note: The length of a writeup the discretion of the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember to vote for all matches or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 10th day (Jan 15) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: The Himalayan Mountains

Deadpool's Harem
Wonder Woman
Thordis
Meggan
Deadpool
Dead Girl

VS.

Last Chancers*
Hulk (MU)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (DU)
Wolverine (MR)
Wild Child (MR)
Husk (MR)

The Deadly Dozen
Invisible Woman (Malice) (MM) - invisibility, forcefields
Vision (eXiles) (MM) - superstrength/durability, energy projection, density control
The Ghost (MR) - invisibility, intangibility, high tech weaponry, controls computer systems
Darkchylde (Inferno) (MR) - teleportation, minor sorcery, magical "soul sword"
Deadman (DR) - invisible, intangible ghost who possesses others

VS.

Team Alpha Wolf Squadron
Steel (DM)
Aquaman (DM)
Black Panther (MR)
Multiplex (DR)
Mr. Terrific (DR)

composite6.JPG

Malice (Sue Storm) (MM)
The Vision (Exiles) (MM)
The Ghost (MR)
Darkchylde (MR)
Deadman (DR)

vs.

Aquaman (DM)
Steel (DM)
Mr. Terrific (DR)
Black Panther (MR)
Multiplex (DR)

=== Overview ===
A few points to consider before I get to the battle itself . . .

The environment is quite harsh, especially if we get higher up in the mountains. Both teams will be dealing with extreme cold and thin atmosphere. But I don't think this will be a huge factor. The Vision as an andriod is immune to such considerations, as is Deadman as a ghost with no physical body. The Ghost's suit should shield him from the elements somewhat (and he can use preptime to make futher adjustments), and Darkchylde's demonic body is probably somewhat less susceptible. Malice can protect herself from the elements using her forcefields. As for Harl, his team can probably protect themselves using their various technological resources.

My team's advantages are stealth and mobility. I have three invisible characters (Malice, Ghost, Deadman), three intangible characters (Vision, Ghost, Deadman), and a teleporter (Darkchylde). Malice can also use her power to make her teammates invisilbe, and Ghost can use portable intangibility units to make his teammates intangible.

I see my team trying to use these advantages to get the drop on their opponents. Probably they'd employ some sort of hit and run strategy where they attack while invisible, try to take out a couple of Harl's guys, then retreat through a portal and regroup. Harl's team has various ways to counter this strategy: Specifically, his tech guys can use some kind of scanners to try to locate my guys, and Aquaman can use his enhanced senses and telepathy. Invisible Woman might be detectable by sound, although Ghost wouldn't be (he adapted his tech to hide sound after Iron Man found him in that way). Note that Ghost's tech also hides him from high-tech scanners -- if Iron Man has struggled to find ways to detect him with more than a days prep and the resources of Stark Industries at his disposal, Harl's team isn't likely to develop a way to find him after one day working on it in an environment with no tech resources. Deadman should also be totally indectable until he possesses a human body -- I don't think even telepathy will work against him when he's in spirit form, since he doesn't have a brain.

The other thing that makes it hard to find my team is the sheer size of the battlefield, and the fact that they'll be teleporting from place to place looking for Harl's team. Even if Aquaman gets a telepathic fix on them, they could be on the other side of the Himalayas before Harl's team engages them. They'll know they're dealing with a telepath from the basic descriptions given, and Darkchylde is experienced dealing with telepaths (having trained at Xavier's school, after all).

Now on to the battle itself . . .

=== The Battle -- Part 1 ===
Author's Note: I chose not to split this into separate one-on-one fights, since I think a more realistic scenario involves characters repeatedly trading off opponents as multiple fights are happening side by side. To give a sense of this I itallicized some of the paragraphs, not for emphasis but to indicate that they happen at the same time as the unitallicized paragraphs that proceed them.

Darkchylde's portal opens without a sound, but the heartbeats of my team are like a drum to one whose hearing was honed in the depths of the ocean. "Here they come!" Aquaman yells, but before Steel can react he feels his air supply cut off as an invisible forcefield blocks his windpipe. He hastily looks around for his attacker, but Malice herself is likewise invisible.

"Such cowardly tactics won't work against me," Aquaman says, as his telepathic mind focusses on Malice and commands all her snyapses to fire at once, triggering a seizure. Instantly she releases her hold of Steel, and her invisiblity drops as well -- revealing her location, and that of her teammate, Darkchylde.

At the same time as Malice attacked, the Ghost had ambushed Black Panther, approaching while invisilbe and firing a concussive energy weapon. Taken off guard, Panther is hit, but the vibranium mesh under his costume manages to absorb the impact. T'Challa strikes back with a flying kick, but Ghost switches from invisible to intangible just in the nick of time. With a spoken command, he detonates a high-powered explosive that he had dropped at his feet while invisible. The explosion passes harmlessly through Ghost, but Panther is blown back by the impact.

Meanwhile, Multiplex's innumerable duploids swarm around the now revealed Darkchylde. They try to grab hold of the mutant, only to find that they pass right through her. She's wearing one of Ghost's portable intangibility circuits, rendering her as untouchable as him. Darkchylde ignores Multiplex and focusses on Aquaman, who has been forced to halt his attack on Malice as he defends himself from Deadman, who's attempting to possess him. Darkchylde shouts a codeword, "quickdrop!", and Deadman leaps out of Aquaman's body just as a portal opens over his head. (This is a maneuver my team planned during prep-time.) A maximum density Vision, who has been in freefall several miles up, comes barreling through the portal at extreme speed and slams down right on top of Aquaman. (This attack was enought to take down Count Nefaria, a better than Thor level brick, so it should easily finish Aquaman.)

Deadman -- a nobler soul than some of his teammates -- looks on in horror at Aquaman's broken body. The Vision had assured him he would only hit hard enough to knock his foe out. But this is the ruthless Vision of the dimension-hopping Weapon-X team, and he has as few qualms about lying as he does about killing. (Harl's team probably also didn't expect such a ruthless attack from the Vision, since Black Panther knows quite a different Vision.)

As Aquaman falls, his telepathic assualt on Malice ceases, but before she can regain enough control of her mind to reestablish her shield, she is dropped by a quick punch combination from Mr. Terrific.

Steel hurls his hammer at the Vision, but reacting with the speed of a computer Vision switches to intangible mode and the hammer flies right through. He charges for Steel, and Steel meets him head on while silently sending an electronic signal to call his hammer back to him. He hopes to preoccupy Vision with their exchange of superstrong blows and catch him by surprise with the hammer's return flight. But instead of punching him, Vision stoops to a new level of ruthlessness, phasing his hand right through Steel's armor and solidifying inside Steel's vulnerable human body.

Before Vision can take pleasure in his victory (if indeed his android mind can feel pleasure as humans do) he finds himself attacked by an unseen assailant. It's Mr. Terrific, whose invisibility to all things technological gives him a huge advantage against the android. As Vision struggles to locate his opponent, one of Mr. Terrific's T-spheres flies towards him and generates a powerful electromagnetic pulse. (Terrific had reconfigured them to do this during prep-time, knowing he'd face tech-heavy foes in Vision and Ghost.) The electrical surge overwhelms Vision's circuitry, and the android falls to the ground.

Having abondoned Aquaman, Deadman now leaps into one of Multiplex's duploids and attempts to assert control. (As Harl told me in the Transactions thread, a single mind controls all of Multiplex's duploids and they coordinate automatically, even to the point of finishing each others sentences. Once Deadman is in one of Multiplex's bodies, he has that body's powers, including the power to extend his mind over all the duploids. And because it's all a single mind, I believe Deadman should be able to control all of them at once. That said, the distributed nature of Multiplex's mind may make him a bit more able to resist the possession than most, which I try to portray in the following.) As the two consciousnesses war for control of the duploid army, roughly half the duploids fall under Deadman's control and the other half under Multiplex's. But the individual duploids keep switching sides, as the ongoing struggle between Deadman's will and Multiplex's plays out simultaneously in each body. These leads to a chaotic free-for-all, with various duploids alternately attacking and aiding each other.

The defeats of Malice and the Vision don't go unnoticed by their teammates. "This is going downhill fast!" Ghost shouts, as he races intangibly through the throng of Multiplex's to Darkchylde's side. "Let's get the hell out of here and regroup!"

"I couldn't agree more," Darkchylde answers, as she opens a portal carrying both of them away. Black Panther and Mr. Terrific try to stop them, but by the time they get past the Multiplex army their opponents are already gone.

With no way to tell which Multiplexes are under whose control at any given time (and with them constantly switching sides anyway), there's nothing Black Panther and Mr. Terrific can do to help their teammate. So they leave the scene, carried on Terrific's T-spheres, and seek out a new position to fortify against the next attack from their remaining opponents.

End Part 1
Casualties: Aquaman, Malice, Steel, Vision

=== The Battle -- Part 2 ===
Having regrouped, my team seeks out their remaining foes. Darkchylde teleports them from site to site but hangs back while the Ghost does reconnaissance. They reason this is the safest plan, as Ghost's invisibility also shields him from nearly all forms of technological detection.

Standing on the edge of a cliff, Ghost spots Black Panther on a ledge below, and signals Darkchylde to teleport him behind the Avenger. Silently he approaches to nearly point blank range, takes aim at the Panther's head, and fires.

The shot passes right through. A trap! The image of the panther fades, having been nothing but a hologram created by Mr. Terriffic. And at the same time, the real Black Panther leaps out from behind the Ghost, slashing through his suit's circuitry with an energy dagger before he even has a chance to phase.

Meanwhile, further up the mountainside, Mr. Teriffic himself has ambushed Darkchylde. She remains unconcerned, knowing she's still wearing one of Ghost's phasing units -- meaning all his attacks will just pass right through. Darkchylde opens a large portal over their heads, the other end of which is located underneath the cap of snow that covers the mountain. Those tons of snow now come raining down on them, but they too will pass harmlessly through Darkchylde's intangible body.

Except... at the very same moment as Darkchylde mounts this attack, Mr. Terrific sends forth his T-Spheres, directing them to generate an electrical surge which shorts out Darkchylde's phasing unit. Before the mutant can open a portal to save herself, both her and her foe are swept up in a massive avalanche of snow. An avalanche that continues to build as it rushes down the mountainside towards Black Panther and the Ghost. This is an onslaught which cannot possibly be dodged, and it washes over both those combatants as well (Ghost's phasing circuitry having been damaged by the Panther's attack). When at last the snow settles, all four characters are hoplessly buried and crushed beneath it.

Elsewhere . . .

Multiplex's duploids litter the mountainside, unconscious or too badly injured to continue fighting -- the casualties of his war against himself (or rather, the spirit of Deadman inside him). Only two remain, one under Multiplex's control, one under Deadman's. The two foes float in the air roughly 30 feet apart, staring each other down. Then, without warning, Deadman charges, rushing forward at breakneck speed and raising his arm for a punch. Multiplex stands his ground and braces to block and counterpunch, but instead of throwing his blow, Deadman leaps from the duploid's body at the last possible second. Before Multiplex can stop him, the charging duploid is carried by his own momentum right into the other, their heads crashing together with a sickening thud. Both fall to the ground, out cold.

This leaves only one combatant still standing, albeit invisible to all who might look for him. Deadman.

Deadly Dozen Win

I'll probably get my writeup up sometime tomorrow night. Your patience is appreciated. :)

EDIT: OK, probably more like Friday night.

Friday night for me too. There's been some... stuff.

Yeah, don't anybody be rushing with the votes. I have some good ideas for this week. Just need to find the time to elaborate on them.

I vote for LadyVader to change her avatar back, because that messes with my head when people change their avatars.

16th Rule of Acquistion: A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along.

It's the same with avatars. :D

I used to envision you as a female Deadpool shooting machine guns down towards the lower right-hand corner of my computer screen. Now you're just a faceless Star Trek nerd, and Star Trek nerds are the worst kind of nerds.

yeah LV you need to have something Deadpool in your avvy...its how its always been

I used to envision you as a female Deadpool shooting machine guns down towards the lower right-hand corner of my computer screen. Now you're just a faceless Star Trek nerd, and Star Trek nerds are the worst kind of nerds.

And you just earned yourself an automatic loss. :cmad:

Dude, I didn't say I didn't like Star Trek, I said I don't like Trekkies. Just like I don't like Star Wars nerds, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Star Wars.

I'll let it go since I do believe there's a big difference between trekkies and trekkers.

284th rule of Acquisition: Deep down... everybody's a Ferengi.

DTL, WEEK 8: TEAM ALPHA WOLF SQUADRON VS. THE DEADLY DOZEN

week8mh3.jpg

LINE-UPS:
Team Alpha Wolf Squadron
Aquaman (DM) - super strength, speed and endurance, together with telepathy, the ability to breathe underwater and a magic hand.
Steel (DM) - armour supplies him with super strength, speed and endurance, together with a powerful hammer.
Black Panther (MR) - super strength, speed and endurance, together with enhanced senses.
Mr. Terrific II (DR) - genius level intellect, variety of technology and so-called T-spheres.
Multiplex (DR) - mass duplication, strength and flight.

VS.

The Deadly Dozen
Invisible Woman (Malice) (MM) -- invisibility, forcefields
Vision (eXiles) (MM) -- superstrength/durability, energy projection, density control
The Ghost (MR) -- invisibility, intangibility, high tech weaponry, controls computer systems
Darkchylde (Inferno) (MR) -- teleportation, minor sorcery, magical "soul sword"
Deadman (DR) -- invisible, intangible ghost who possesses others

PREPARATION TIME:
The members of Team Alpha Wolf Squadron appear one by one in a small mountain shed, somewhere in the Chinese part of the Himalayas. Aquaman quickly explains to newcomer Multiplex the nature of the tournament, and that they’ll need to work together. Although a career villain, Multiplex has had rare run-ins with heroes beside Firestorm and should have little to no problem working with this team. Especially with Aquaman laying down the law.

Just as the team’s gathered and Multiplex has been convinced to aid them, Mr. Terrific’s T-spheres provide images of the opposing team. The Black Panther is quite familiar with both Invisible Woman and Vision, although he’d have less info on these two particular incarnations. He’d know of the Inferno event, but it is unlikely he’ll know of Darkchylde. Deadman will be known by everyone except the Panther and Multiplex.

Although the Himalayas don’t provide any resources, this team has that in spades anyway. You’ve got three geniuses on the team with another clever scientist to back it up. Combine that with the technology Steel, Mr. Terrific and Black Panther already possess, and this team is at least protected against hacking of any kind. Trading tips and the like, they can also up the effectiveness of each of their weapons. Have one Multiplex work with each and you’ve got quite the brain trust.

What you’ve always got are three spectacular tacticians. Aquaman provides raw battlefield experience, both as soldier and leader, while Mr. Terrific and the Black Panther are both known as two of the smartest men in their respective worlds. I can safely say that the opposing team has nobody that stands to compare to these two. Not to mention the fact that Black Panther prepares obsessively for each opponent and ally he’s ever met, which includes the Invisible Woman and the Vision.

Now that we’ve established some of the finer points of my team: let’s move onto the battle.

DTL, WEEK 8: TEAM ALPHA WOLF SQUADRON VS. THE DEADLY DOZEN

So, the battle starts and the barrier that withholds the two teams from finding and fighting with each other is lifted. Since the Himalayas are pretty darn big though, I’m going to go with the usual: they’re about a kilometre apart. I think that’s pretty fair and it gives both teams a bit of a challenge rather than just facing each other right off the bat.

While Team Alpha Wolf Squadron will want to stick together though, the Vision will most likely instruct his team to split up; they’re quite a bit more effective apart than they are together; Deadman needs a body to actually become effective and Darkchylde’s main power is teleportation. Deadman can also travel a lot faster on his own, so he’d probably be the first to break off and try and inhabit someone from TAWS.

The most likely target for that is Aquaman. Deadman has possessed him before, and he knows Aquaman is A) the leader and B) quite possible the strongest member on the team. What he doesn’t know however, is about Aquaman’s new Waterbearer hand. Sure, he knows that Aquaman has a magic hand from his description, but he’d see no reason not to try. With that hand though, Aquaman can detect Deadman and ward him off.

Even if Deadman decides to go for any of the others, Aquaman should be capable of expelling him at a moment’s notice, especially if Deadman has gone ahead of his team. Ultimately, for Deadman to be effective, he needs his team to come in and distract the others. Fortunately, that happens, as Darkchylde is first to appear on the field, going straight for Aquaman.

That leads to an interesting battle:
Aquaman vs. Darkchylde
Darkchylde engaging Aquaman is the most logical choice in this scenario. Again, he’s the leader, and his telepathic powers can be quite a hindrance. Using her teleporting ability, Darkchylde gets in a few good hits with her Soulsword. Of course, Aquaman can take the punishment and waits for his opening. As soon as Darkchylde teleports in again, Aquaman turns towards, grabbing her with his normal arm and pulling her towards him.

That’s when the magic starts. Unable to free herself from Aquaman’s grip, Darkchylde tries to teleport away, but Orin’s Waterbearer hand is already on her. What does the Waterbearer hand do? It dispels dark magic. Darkchylde is basically dark magik personified and as she they teleport across the Himalayas she can feel her power fading; she’s being cleansed by the Waterbearer hand.

Unfortunately, as Darkchylde is once again returned to the form of Magik, unconscious, Aquaman finds himself lost. Darkchylde can at least claim one victory: she was able to separate Aquaman from his team.

Yes, that means Deadman can finally enter one of my guy’s’ body.
Black Panther vs. Deadman
Who is the next logical choice to inhabit? Black Panther. Why Black Panther? He can’t pinpoint which Multiplex is the main man, Steel is at least partially protected by his armour, and Deadman wouldn’t be able to properly handle Mr. Terrific’s tech. That leaves the Black Panther. Strong, stealthy, agile, a perfect candidate.

Thing is, the Panther knows a thing or too about magical possession and astral forms. Pretty much the only way to beat Deadman is either to magically entrap his astral form or to knock out the body he’s in. Another thing to note is that Deadman usually has a little trouble inhabiting the bodies of the strong-willed. The Panther is extremely strong-willed and is sure to notice Deadman trying to gain control of his body. Before Deadman can take complete control, the Panther lets loose with an electric charge in his armour, knocking himself, and Deadman, unconscious. It’s a drastic measure, but one that does take care of the opponent immediately.

So we’re only a few minutes into the game and already there’s only three left on either side. That’s Vision, Invisible Woman and the Ghost on the side of the Deadly Dozen, while Team Alpha Wolf Squadron still has Steel, Mr. Terrific and Multiplex. I think the pairings here are pretty easy: Terrific will face Vision, Ghost fights Steel and Multiplex gets to take on the Invisible Woman.

Mr. Terrific vs. Vision
I’ll handle the Terrific vs. Vision fight first. Vision will be deeply troubled by the fact that he can’t find Terrific, not knowing that Terrific’s technology has made him invisible to all scanners. It’s even fooled OMAC’s, so Vision won’t be an exception. That makes this fight a lot easier for Terrific though, as he can take Vision off-guard. He should be able to quickly deduce Vision’s power source, which is the gem on his head.

The battle that follows is confusing. While it is plain to anyone watching, to the Vision, Terrific is invisible. Devastating electric charges from his T-spheres assault Vision, the only things Vision can actually see and engage. Meanwhile, Terrific readies himself, and creates a holographic projection of himself to throw the Vision off-guard. While the Vision concerns himself with that hologram, Terrific concentrates his attack on the gem on the Vision’s forehead, while his T-spheres unload their power.

The Vision drops to the ground, depleted of his energy.

Mutiplex vs. Invisible Woman
Multiplex focuses his attention towards the Invisible Woman, creating the maximum of dupes as he searches for her. Technology supplied by the others allows him to scan for her heat signature, but she’s tough to find. She’s able to attack and knock out quite a few of Multiplex’s copies before he can find her. When he does, he directs all of his bodies towards her, swarming all over her invisible field.

Each time she bounces one off, two return, not giving her a chance to escape. Of course, the Invisible Woman will tire of this after a while and up her game a notch, literally blasting the Multiplexes away by explosions.

Steel vs. Ghost
This was, for me at least, the hardest battle to write. I don’t know the Ghost very well, but if he’s a threat for Iron Man, he’s definitely a threat for Steel. The way I see this going is that Steel will try to find the Ghost with his scanners, but one would have to assume that Ghost’s systems are good enough to keep him invisible nonetheless. So Ghost will be able to get off the first few shots.

His electric blasts should hurt Steel, but he’s definitely capable of taking his punishment. Steel would be trying to modify his scanners to pick up Ghost’s movements all the while. By tracking the energy residue from the blasts, he should at least be able to ascertain Ghost’s general location. Programming his hammer to lock onto that energy residue, Steel pretends to throw it to where he thinks Ghost is.

Ghost, of course, is not anywhere near, and thinking he has an advantage now that Steel’s hammer is gone, engages Steel in battle. Of course, Steel is able to block the first blow, since he does know where Ghost is coming from. Shocked, Ghost moves back, slipping into invisibility again, hoping to regain his advantage. At that moment, Steel calls back his hammer, whom flies at such speeds that Ghost can’t react in time. The blow of the hammer rips through the tech of the Ghost’s armour, leaving him easy prey for Steel.

While Steel takes care of Ghost, Mr. Terrific is left to fight the Invisible Woman.
Mr. Terrific vs. Invisible Woman
There are a lot of Multiplexes scattered about, unconscious, when Mr. Terrific arrives on the scene. His T-spheres conjure about a host of holographic projections, giving the idea that the area is swamped by Multiplexes and Mr. Terrific’s. Closed in by the mass of people, Invisible Woman goes on the offensive, extending her shields and blowing away the dupes and projections.

Seeing as none of the Squadroners are capable of busting through Invisible Woman’s shields, Mr. T decides for a new tactic. Playing possum. When you think about it, ‘Malice’ is a rather cliché villain, prone to monologue and gloating. Thus, using the holographic technology at his possession, he lets the Invisible Woman think she’s succeeded in her task. Obviously, her reaction is to laugh maniacally, to claim victory, and to drop her shields.

Silently, one of Mr. T’s T-spheres comes up behind her and lets loose with an electrical charge, knocking the Invisible Woman out.

It’s a scant victory, but a victory for TEAM ALPHA WOLF SQUADRON nonetheless.

Still editing mine, but it should be up soon, after which I'll read Harl's and post some comments.

Technical Difficulties
Here's the deal: My writeup is on my laptop. My laptop battery is dead. My laptop charger is broken. (It has two pieces which plug together with a bunch of pins, and one of the pins is pretty badly bent.) So I'm going to try to fix the charger, and failing that I'm going to have to buy a new one. Either way, my writeup should be up by the end of the day, possibly sooner.

Sorry for the continued delay -- but remember, voting is open until Tuesday, so I'd appreciate everyone waiting.

EDIT: OK, I've got it working. Had to plug part of an old laptop charger cord together with this one (using the cord from one and the adapter box from the other).

Anyway, my writeup will be posted in mere moments.

OK, my writeup is up. Comments on Harl's will be posted as soon as I finish reading it.

Wow, we really wrote our matches in a different way. I was going for a more one-on-one approach there.

Feedback
Pretty solid writeup from Harl, but I can certainly muster a few complaints.

I don't really agree that my team would split up. If they stick together, Darkchylde can teleport them into position for a surprise attack, and teleport them back out if things start going bad. Porting around heavies like Vision or Malice is much more useful than just porting herself from place to place.

I certainly don't think Darkchylde would try to go one-on-one against Aquaman. As you said, Deadman knows Aquaman, and even if we don't know much about the waterbearer hand, we know he's a telepath. That makes him a bad matchup for Darkchylde.

I agree with you that we'd perceive Aquaman as the biggest threat and try to take him out first -- which is why we'd send Vision after him. As an android, Vision is immune to telepathy, and his phasing can protect him from Aquaman's physical attacks. I agree that Mr. Terrific can beat Vision, but why would my team let him be engaged by Mr. Terrific before he has a chance to attack Aquaman or Steel (who he also matches up well against since he can phase an attack through his armor)? We can easily teleport Vision away from Mr. Terrific or just tell Vision to phase through the mountainside and escape when it becomes clear he can't see his opponent. (Again, this is an area where my team screwed themselves over in your writeup by splitting up.)

We definitely have different ideas of what would happen if Deadman went after Multiplex. You said he couldn't possess him without knowing which was the "main man", but personally I think that since it's one mind controlling all the Multiplexes Deadman should be able to possess them as soon as he has access via any of the duplicates. If each had a totally independent consciousness I'd think he could just take one at a time, which is why I made sure to check that this wasn't the case before the fight. (I didn't tell you why I was asking because I didn't want to tip my hand.) Anyway, I did imagine him having some trouble with the "hive mind", which is why I had some of them remain under Multiplex's control.

As for Deadman vs. Aquaman, you mention that Aquaman could use his waterbearer hand against him, which I'll admit I hadn't really thought about. But I don't think it's a problem for my writeup -- I only had Deadman struggle with him for a moment to create a diversion while Darkchylde and Vision took him out, which I still think he could do. He'd be able to approach Aquaman without detection because Aquaman was focussed on telepathically attacking Malice, which is a sensible thing for him to do as his telepathy is one of the only attacks your team can muster that could get through her shield. Unless she foolishly drops it, that is.

Anyway, that brings me to probably my biggest complaint about your writeup: the way Malice stupidly dropped her shield. Do I believe that she'd indulge herself with some melodramatic gloating after she thought she won? Sure. But she wouldn't have to drop her shield to do it. In fact, she'd be sure to keep her shield up, because she wouldn't know if her teammates had beaten the rest of your team. Even if she thought Terrific was toast, she would be aware of the possibillity that someone else was about to attack her from behind. (Besides, aren't the teams teleported away pretty much right after the battle is done? The fact that she was still standing there probably would have clued her in that the battle wasn't over just yet.)

--

Anyway, overall I liked the writeup. I just think my team could have worked together more and used their mobility advantage (teleportation, phasing through rock, etc.) to avoid such unfavorable matchups. And that Sue wouldn't leave herself so wide open to attack.

Everybody in the Casa Mare

Prep time
- Everybody knows about everybody, ok? :)

Battle

The Last Chancers suddenly appear on the snowy cliffs of the Himalayas, seeing the Holy City of the Dewey Lama in the distance. They look around and thinking they're alone Hal Jordan attempts to get his team to act like they discussed in the prep-time they had but Wolverine hates him, Hulk hates him, Wild Child hates him and Husk doesn't really matter if the main powerhouses can't get behind him. This team is terrible! They're all hotheads and individualistic and even if Hal Jordan is a tactical genius, he'll never have the support he needs.

My team on the other hand... is made of 4 lovely heroines and an idiot. Perfect!

Anyway, as I was saying, there they are the Last Chancers breaking into separate directions, each out to do their own thing but before they get to far... suddenly, on a mountain top in their proximity, they see lonely red clad figure. It is our very own Deadppol, getting his Julie Andrews on:
"The hills are aliiiiiive... with the sound of murder!!!!"

The Last Chancers stare in disbelief... and then start booing:

"With crimes they have heard... for a thousand yeeaaaa. hey!" Deadpool yelps as he gets hit in the face with a snow ball.
The Last Chancers belittle his efforts thusly:
"Shut up"
"Get down!"
"Scram, you no talent... bub"
"Wait for it!" Deadpool yells back at them.
"WHAT!?" Husks yells back.
"Shhh, don't do that!" Hal corrects her.
"Why?"
She suddenly hears a strange cracking sound. From overhead a wall of snow and ice is heading for her and her teammates.
"Oh, that's why..."

Hal Jordan quickly grabs everybody with his rays of green light and gathers them into a green energy sphere before the avalanche reaches them and covers them in tons of snow. By the time Hal Jordan gets them out, my team has already taken their positions.

The green sphere busts out of the snow and Hal Jordan lets everybody fall down on the bed of fresh fallen snow. The five of them then hear a strange sound in the sky, like a high pitched roar and see a chinese dragon floating overhead. Hulk wants to jump up and try to grab it but Jordan stops him fearing another avalanche. He in turn flies up toward the creature when Thordis slams into him.

This would be a short fight because Thordis' Mjolnir can simply absorb the ring's energy. Mjolnir beats the GL ring for the title of best weapon in the Universe.

The people left on the ground see Jordan being dragged away into the heavens and Hulk follows. He is then picked up via a golden lasso by Wonder Woman. She quickly lifts him up and flies with him away, and Hulk will have to just go along for the ride because he can't break the magic lasso.

Ok, so now we have Wolverine, Wild Child and Husk on the ground staring at this magical dragon creature. none of them can fly mind you so they have no choice but to look around on the ground for their opponents. Meggan singles out Wolverine whom she knows can heal from nearly anything... but she doesn't want to injure him in the traditional sense. Meggan is conected to the environment and so she makes the air around Wolverine drop about 60 degrees celsius or so, freezing him in his spot. It'll take a while for him to be thawed out.

Husk would be no match for Dead Girl. This fight could last well over an hour since Dead Girl can basically heal from ANY injury, even if she's reduced to ashes, and after an hour Husk would HAVE to revert to her normal form.

Which leaves Deadpool vs Wild Child. They're both very skilled fighters, both have healing factors but Deadpools has the better arsenal. Better weapons that can do a lot more damage that needs fixin' than Wild Child could do with his claws.

In the end Hulk can be defeated either by Meggan who tries to soothe him empathically (but I don't think any empath can break through all that rage and fury) or by Wonder Woman and Thordis working together.

The end. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"