DuckTales 2017

Disney does this all the time. Get used to it.

Animation in general. I mean, this isn't a bad break, all things considered.

The new episode was a fun riff on Jaws. Kind of surprised at how easily I could understand Donna Tate.

"So, which area of Ireland are you from?"

Well, we now know where Donald is whenever he isn't in an episode. [blackout]He's in the pantry[/blackout]

Also, relevant spoiler

The Caballeros will be making an appearance

When Donald’s bird buddies show up on DuckTales, Bernardo de Paula will voice José and Arturo del Puerto will voice Panchito, while Tony Anselmo will continue to voice Donald (who, on the new DuckTales, enjoys a much bigger recurring presence than in the original ‘80s series).

The Caballeros will appear in a second-season episode, giving fans something juicy to look forward to as the first season of DuckTales comes to a close on August 18. Among the other promises of season 2: more race cars, more lasers, and definitely more aeroplanes.

Don Cheadle will be voicing Donald in the season finale.

[YT]hXx3lsorQWw[/YT]

Yes. That Don Cheadle of "Hotel Rawanda" acclaim.

Also Disney jumped to another franchise when they put Cheadle's name up and lists 'Thanos survivor' underneath.

The show really does their homework. They don't cast some big name star and not play with it.

3WwwNKy.jpg

Honestly, actually being able to understand Donald has shaken my world a bit.

I think in his comics he spoke a lot more for some reason.

This was up there with Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man 1.

I don't get it. It's just a don karnage cameo with a song and dance routine.

I don't get it. It's just a don karnage cameo with a song and dance routine.

It leaves it wide open for the wonderful Talespin characters to be integrated into Duck Tales into the future. Uncle Scrooge meeting Baloo, Shere Khan and King Louie, as well as Kit Cloudkicker, who I thought was awesome. Never happened in the previous incarnation (because of the different periods of the shows) but could happen now.

Hell, I could write it now: a big international plane race that Launchpad enters, and through it meets Baloo and Kit, and Shere Khan sends one of his best pilots too. Can have Don Karnage as a participant as well.

Future plotline: Shere Khan tries to take over Scrooge's company. The nephews, Webby, Kit and Molly have a jungle adventure to save the adults. It's awesome.

So, that episode was a bit of a heart wrencher

Yeah **** got real today.

Yeah, the Secrets of Mansion McDuck had a bit of a gut punch.

This... hit me over the head. Just damn. So sad. The board being vultures just seems a little extra macabre now.

Next week looks amazing, though.

TV Spot:

I hope Magica is wicked and not much of another softie with heart-of-gold beneath. :)

[YT]GI1RJ6QVXrQ[/YT]

LOL that was great! Thanks.

Really wish TaleSpin Karnage and the Pirates had their own spin-off show.

Jim Cummings said he was always channeling Ricky Ricardo(Desi Arnaz) so Jaime Camil casting as Don Karnage is a great choice and update on the role.
If you know his role on Jane the Vergin, I can see why they thought of him LOL

Jaime Camil said:
“Don Karnage is devastatingly good looking and very sure of himself,” says Camil. “He loves to sing, he loves to dance, he loves to be the center of attention.”

Now please give us the rest of the TaleSpin cast!

Finally able to watch Ducktales live and great to finally see Magica in the flesh after the show has been teasing her for so long.

Well that will be interesting.

Great finale that was. Ducktales did what other great recent animated series like Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice, and The Venture Bros. do in building upon lore and continuity. It really felt like everything had been building to this moment and while the very last reveal you could see coming, it does set the stage for Season 2.

Only thing I Ducktales needs to fix is have a less haphazard schedule with no month-long gaps between episodes. I don't know if that's because it's time-consuming to animate an episode like this, but the long breaks is the only strike against this show, in my opinion.

Really enjoyed that finale I thought it was a interesting twist

Of the Reason why Magica wanted to get her hands on Scrooge's #1 dime was because she was trapped in it. Launchpad singing his own version to Darkwing duck song was funny.

I really can't wait for Season 2 and I agree the less breaks the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"