Duke Takem Forever Screenshot.

WhatsHisFace

Avenger
Reaction score
dnf_12_18.jpg

Preview tomorrow.

Duke Takem? Is that the new name for it?

At this point, who the hell even cares?

It's still Duke Nukem, but "Duke Takem Forever" was a joke from "Half-Life: Opposing Force" and is meant to be read as "Duke take 'em Forever" pointing at the games lengthy development.

And lots of people care. Just you wait and see.

He kinda looks like Bruce Willis...his face.

It's still Duke Nukem, but "Duke Takem Forever" was a joke from "Half-Life: Opposing Force" and is meant to be read as "Duke take 'em Forever" pointing at the games lengthy development.

And lots of people care. Just you wait and see.
okay I get it now.

I dont really think that many people care anymore. Had this game been released in the 90s when originally planned it would have been great but way too many new IPs have been released since which have brought alot of new things to the table and have long overtaken DN as leaders in the FPS genre. Half-Life, Halo, Unreal Tournament, etc... DNF cant live up to the hype it originally created and is now a big industry joke. I dont think it can recover as the ship has long since sailed. The original DN3D was fun and silly for its time but I dont think that type of atmosphere would fly in today's FPS environment but at the same time if it strayed, it wouldnt be true to what DN was. I think they should just officially can teh project and move onto something new

okay I get it now.

I dont really think that many people care anymore. Had this game been released in the 90s when originally planned it would have been great but way too many new IPs have been released since which have brought alot of new things to the table and have long overtaken DN as leaders in the FPS genre. Half-Life, Halo, Unreal Tournament, etc... DNF cant live up to the hype it originally created and is now a big industry joke. I dont think it can recover as the ship has long since sailed. The original DN3D was fun and silly for its time but I dont think that type of atmosphere would fly in today's FPS environment but at the same time if it strayed, it wouldnt be true to what DN was. I think they should just officially can teh project and move onto something new
If you watch the gameplay videos from back when the game was announced, it's still impressive to see what they were doing. Even if they keep it the same with Unreal 3.0 graphics, it will still be a really exciting game.

Besides, these are the days of the comebacks! Bionic Commando, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider... they're all returning. It's only right to have Duke Nukem in the fray.

If only Serious Sam 3 would get announced... :csad:

Don't you get it Blas? This game has a great shot at actually being good. The key development value is "ultimate interactivity". You can actually e-mail yourself from inside the game, replete with the Duke's digital fingers typing on the keyboard.

If you thought playing pool in Duke Nukem 3D was cool, just hang on to your anti-American ash!

And that's before you get into the crazy gunfights and level designs with super-weapons trademarked to the Duke. :D

The original Duke Nukem on N64 was hella fun. I don't know how it'll translate after 10 years, however.

It's Deus Ex without stealth (and any of the atmosphere/story (I presume)), and Serious Sam...

...and...

Controversial sexual content to set the gaming industry back ten years!

Don't you get it Blas? This game has a great shot at actually being good. The key development value is "ultimate interactivity". You can actually e-mail yourself from inside the game, replete with the Duke's digital fingers typing on the keyboard.

:huh:

If you thought playing pool in Duke Nukem 3D was cool, just hang on to your anti-American ash!

:huh:

And that's before you get into the crazy gunfights and level designs with super-weapons trademarked to the Duke. :D

:wow:...:confused:

YES EVERYBODY!!! YOU ALL WILL KNOW HOW AWESOME THIS GAME IS BEFORE THIS YEAR IS OVER.

Killzone 2 will be seen as the crap it is. And even good games like Ninja Gaiden 2 will be knocked-down a notch.

YES EVERYBODY!!! YOU ALL WILL KNOW HOW AWESOME THIS GAME IS BEFORE THIS YEAR IS OVER.

Killzone 2 will be seen as the crap it is. And even good games like Ninja Gaiden 2 will be knocked-down a notch.
yeah by then we will have had about 4 more screenshots! Let me know how it is once 2017 hits

SH**. The Duke is BACK. Nice shot and news. Can't wait for the teaser and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"