Dune

That comparison just makes me think of filming for 1.43:1 IMAX as a drawback. The IMAX shots look better in comparison because the framing was made for them but the things that they are showing are well suited to the cinematic scope of wide aspect ratios so I think there's a good chance that it could look at least as good or better with a wider framing. Furthermore most people don't have access to such IMAX theaters.

1.43:1 doesn't work great on TV either so I'm less keen on getting that for home viewing than I am with films in 1.9:1.

I think DPs say that you can shoot only for one aspect ratio. I regret not watching it in IMAX. All comparisons that I saw, IMAX definitely looks better. Still hoping for IMAX edition of Dune for home media.

I think DPs say that you can shoot only for one aspect ratio. I regret not watching it in IMAX. All comparisons that I saw, IMAX definitely looks better. Still hoping for IMAX edition of Dune for home media.

Dune was superb in IMAX, really bummed about the aspect ratio on the home release hopefully they correct it down the line.

If there is an Imax Blu-ray re-release then I expect the Imax scenes to have either the 1.78:1 aspect ratio that Nolan's Blu-rays (as well as Aquaman, Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Star Trek Into Darkness) have or the 1.90:1 aspect ratio that WW84 and the Marvel movies have. I doubt it will have the full 1.43:1 ratio, only one film has been re-released like that on home video, BvS.

It's crazy how dramatically different the images look in these aspect ratios. Kind of infruriating that home releases couldn't simply allow you to watch both. Blows my mind a little that after ditching square TVs and adopting widescreen, cinemas are shifting in the other direction.

It's crazy how dramatically different the images look in these aspect ratios. Kind of infruriating that home releases couldn't simply allow you to watch both. Blows my mind a little that after ditching square TVs and adopting widescreen, cinemas are shifting in the other direction.
Id love a resurgence of cinerama and cinemascope ratios (2.66 and 2.77). Idk if modern digital cameras can film for those ratios but I wish modern cinematographers and directors would try.

Well deserved.

One of the best work Hans Zimmer has ever made.

Paul's Dream, Leaving Calladan, Herald of the Change and My Road Leads into the Desert are exceptional tracks.

Well deserved.

One of the best work Hans Zimmer has ever made.

Paul's Dream, Leaving Calladan, Herald of the Change and My Road Leads into the Desert are exceptional tracks.
It's only movie soundtrack last year which basically put me back into universe of that movie without need to rewatch a film.

He may want to use some of them for the second film in flashback or something.
Yeah, I remember him saying that specifically about Gurney playing the baliset scene. How emotional it was and how he might use it in the second part if he think it fits. I'm sure that's true with many other scenes as well.
I’m sure they’re be some huge Blu-ray set once the second is out with the Imax aspect ratio as well. Studios love their double dipping after all lol
I hope you're right about the aspect ratio and I really want them to release a collector's edition of both movies with a number of goodies inside.

Villeneuve once again says he won't release any deleted scenes which is a bummer to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"