Dune

What was the weekend gross? I haven't seen anyone else post it here

i feel they really should edit both parts into just one film, but i doubt denis will do that.

streaming services like max can have it play as one movie though, where there's a chapter break between part 1 and part 2.

to me, this is just one epic film that had to be split in two due to logistics.
Yeah, Denis is more than likely never gonna do it. But it'd be cool to have a super cut of them together

If Denis isn't going to give us extended cuts I doubt we'll see a supercut of both films. I just hope the deleted scenes see the light of day.

$44M domestic. Not too shabby at all.

$44M domestic. Not too shabby at all.
$44M was an early estimate before Saturday and Sunday actuals. Ended up at $46M with the first update and eventually hit at $46,215,424 for the three-day domestic weekend.

International also got a last-minure +$1.9M bump with the actuals. Some really solid holds there too. Turkey, for example, might be a relatively small market, but only had an 8% drop this weekend.

So, we started this week with $369,547,818 worldwide. Nice haul so far. Break-even point should be around $500M WW. So, it'll be making money in theaters before hitting digital, streaming, and physical media. WB and Legendary will definitely be happy.

Last edited:
Finally saw this last night and loved it!

Really hope we get Dune Messiah. The Hollywood Reporter estimates Dune 2 needs to gross around $500 million in order to hit the break-even point.

Considering the first sequel is already at $370 million with great weekend holds, I'm thinking a final tally north of $600 million is definitely doable :up:

Finally saw this last night and loved it!

Really hope we get Dune Messiah. The Hollywood Reporter estimates Dune 2 needs to gross around $500 million in order to hit the break-even point.

Considering the first sequel is already at $370 million with great weekend holds, I'm thinking a final tally north of $600 million is definitely doable :up:
Based on its legs I'd say 800m+ is even more likely.

Finally saw it and loved it. The sound cut out for a good 5 mins at the end, but I still absolutely adored this. Fantastic cast, excellent direction, this movie will be hard to beat this year.

9/10. But I think that will go higher upon re watch, especially when I hear the dialogue I missed at the end.

Yeah caught my second viewing today and I was able to get a better feel for it. Probably like it a little more than Part One, but there's something missing for me to say it's a "masterpiece" or anything like that. 4.5/5 and entertaining, incredibly well shot, great acting, awesome score. I'm just not sure how likely I am to go back and watch both parts again. Not until Messiah comes out at least.

Based on its legs I'd say 800m+ is even more likely.
$600M is definitely locked given the legs so far. Domestically people are eyeing a $275M-$285M finish. If upcoming releases underperform, there is the slightest chance for a $300M. (I see a narrow way through.)

Best case scenario is that this movie gets back some IMAX screens after/during GxK release. That would really help push the domestic total.

Hope for international is about $400M, though China did end a bit lower. Anything above $500M WW should roughly be profit for WB/Legendary anyway though.

I'm seeing early $27M-$30M estimates for the third domestic weekend. Though, some people are placing it even higher due to great hold during weekdays. Could still go either way, but Friday estimates should be telling.

The spice is absolutely still flowing.

Last edited:

“I think the story of Dune, if you look past all the complicated sci-[fi] aspects, has a story for everyone,” Mac says.

^ quote from the superfan in this article.

that's one thing i noticed when i read the book and watching denis' dune adaptions.

it feels both futuristic and old at the same time.

you can transfer this story into our feudal past and it will probably largely work too.

Went to see it for the fourth and final time in a theater. It's a special beast of a film, I love it so much.
I've had 3 IMAX viewings thus far. I'm not sure I'll get up to my usual 6 viewings of my faves, due to the longer runtime, but I do plan to get at least one more in. :mrk:
Did this shot get funnier each time?
feyd-reutha-look-feyd-reutha-dune-2.gif

I was blown away by Part 1 and watched it like 5 times.
Part 2 was so meh. It was slow at parts and rushed since Paul appeared in the South.
It wasn’t bad, but I don’t feel the urge to watch it a second time soon.
It definitely needed more worldbuilding. I liked the scenes, where they showed more of House of Harkonnen and Corrino. I hope Sisterhood will show more of the world and lore

Last edited:
Round 4 booked for today, Round 5 booked for tomorrow and Round 6 for next weekend (finally in IMAX, was supposed to go last weekend, but had to refund last min). Can't wait - Part 2 is a masterpiece and I want to re-watch it over and over again. Probably this generation's LOTR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"