Dune

I have to avoid getting into debates on YouTube and Twitter. Apparently it’s controversial to say

Paul has a villainous edge to him towards the end of Part 2.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

I have to avoid getting into debates on YouTube and Twitter. Apparently it’s controversial to say

Not at all. That’s what happened. Media literacy (especially on Twitter and YouTube) is in the toilet.

But you guys...

eb4193d49fb3c3ce7fd227cdfcd42351c062e234.jpg

That's the whole point of the story. It's pretty clear that this is a cautionary tale about political and religious fanaticism, with Chany being the audience's proxy.
But yeah, I'm seriously worried by the level of understanding of the vast majority of people when it comes to movie and just about everything else... :whoops:

The response I got was that

he isn’t a villain since he doesn’t have evil intent or hasn’t done an evil action. Apparently to this person, starting a holy war isn’t evil intent.

I don’t even know what to say to that.

The response I got was that

he isn’t a villain since he doesn’t have evil intent or hasn’t done an evil action. Apparently to this person, starting a holy war isn’t evil intent.

I don’t even know what to say to that.
Well... That's pure fanaticism talk.
"Oh, he's not evil, his war is totally backed-up by this magical prophecy, so it's all good!" :funny:
Save your soul, and leave Twitter!

It's like Walter White or Patrick Bateman all over again.
For me, the worst in that category will always be Scarface.
I love this film, but so many gangsta wannabes are simply too dumb to see that this is in no way a celebration of a character like Montana.

Last edited:

You're looking for intellectual discourse on X and YouTube? You poor, lost soul lol

Can't believe this is already on streaming. Just a wild business decision.
If this was already on Max I'd agree but this tweet sums it up:

A lot of people aren't exactly going to jump at renting a movie at that price until it drops down to $5-6 in another month with the disc release and anyone who's buying it now likely already saw it in theaters.

A lot of people aren't exactly going to jump at renting a movie at that price until it drops down to $5-6 in another month with the disc release and anyone who's buying it now likely already saw it in theaters.

The rental choice is for the guy who has seen it in IMAX 30 times, because how many times can you buy a movie? :o

The rental choice is for the guy who has seen it in IMAX 30 times, because how many times can you buy a movie? :o
When he's still renting it even after buying the digital copy, the 4K disc, the Blu-ray and the DVD copies:

giphy.gif

Well... That's pure fanaticism talk.
"Oh, he's not evil, his war is totally backed-up by this magical prophecy, so it's all good!" :funny:
Save your soul, and leave Twitter!

For me, the worst in that category will always be Scarface.
I love this film, but so many gangsta wannabes are simply too dumb to see that this is in no way a celebration of a character like Montana.
Same with Fight Club and Taxi Driver. People who idolize Travis and Tyler are missing the entire point.

They could have used the same pricing strategy a month or so from now, like with Barbie. Dune 2 has only been in theaters for roughly 45 days....

They could have used the same pricing strategy a month or so from now, like with Barbie. Dune 2 has only been in theaters for roughly 45 days....
WB gonna WB. The sad part is it's actually an improvement from 2 years ago. If I recall correctly they were dropping pretty much every new movie on Max 45 days after theatrical release even after the day-and-date phase of 2021 ended.

😂

I was trying to engage wherever the fandom is. I thought Dune fandom would be more level-headed. I guess not.

I love Dune. I love Frank Herbert's writing. But there is some regressive **** in there that will of course attract the idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"