Dune

On behalf of the Spacing Guild, I would like to voice our unanimous approval of Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica.

Reactions: FVD
Villeneuve is nailing the cast so far. Really looking forward to more casting news.

I love Ferguson. Great choice for Lady Jessica.

Eh, Gemma is to blame too. How the hell is she not even going to show up to a Chris Nolan character read? This was for Catwoman by the way. She was also cast as the lead in 'Under The Skin', but the director had to go with Scarjo because he could not find finance with her, which is something TDKR on her resume could've helped with that. Eh.

I imagine though she was asked to slim down for that role. Hathaway is slim anyway and still had to.

Anyway, Ferguson is a great choice for Lady Jessica

Ferguson didn't even cross my mind, what a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, same. Nice choice.

Me neither. I dig it! And I didn't know Rebecca was Swedish either. She even has the right look for the character too, if you ask me.

Now, let's see who gets picked for the Baron AND the Duke.

Eh, Gemma is to blame too. How the hell is she not even going to show up to a Chris Nolan character read? This was for Catwoman by the way. She was also cast as the lead in 'Under The Skin', but the director had to go with Scarjo because he could not find finance with her, which is something TDKR on her resume could've helped with that. Eh.

Ah well. And it's looking like Gemma is getting a meaty role coming up in a biopic of Dusty Springfield - and playing Dusty herself.

I have no idea what this is about but I am very intrigued and interested.

Would recommend the book first, before watching this new version or watch the Lynch original, which is a 'solid' stab at the book, but the book is as described, it's a bit crazy but a stunningly descriptive read and the sequel novel is good as well, Dune : Messiah.

Would recommend the book first, before watching this new version or watch the Lynch original, which is a 'solid' stab at the book, but the book is as described, it's a bit crazy but a stunningly descriptive read and the sequel novel is good as well, Dune : Messiah.
Great, thanks.

So is it safe to assume that this movie will come out sometime in 2020?

Who will they cast as Feyd Rautha? Will they have a similar odd whipsnap gem of a scene with a lean actor looking like a spectacular tit in Y-front trunks while the Baron keeps salivating saying “feyyydd. Lovely feyyyddddd.” I wonder how Denis will handle this scene and relationship

Who will they cast as Feyd Rautha? Will they have a similar odd whipsnap gem of a scene with a lean actor looking like a spectacular tit in Y-front trunks while the Baron keeps salivating saying “feyyydd. Lovely feyyyddddd.” I wonder how Denis will handle this scene and relationship

Hopefully not, Lynch really screwed up the Baron's character. Fingers crossed that this time they get it right.

I would prefer that they keep it vague like in the book, unlike that scene with Sting's ridiculous look on his face, lol. Hoping to see the arena combat scenes showcasing Feyd's skills as a fighter, while Thufir is working on the sidelines - and no bloody milking cat contraptions either!

I would prefer that they keep it vague like in the book, unlike that scene with Sting's ridiculous look on his face, lol. Hoping to see the arena combat scenes showcasing Feyd's skills as a fighter, while Thufir is working on the sidelines - and no bloody milking cat contraptions either!

I took me eight years to figure out that cat milk has no life preserving value.

Reactions: FVD
I took me eight years to figure out that cat milk has no life preserving value.

:pal:

OK, so after underestimating the Spice effects actually making people look younger, I've totally overlooked Emperor Shaddam looking in his mid-30's as a man who's actually 72 at the beginning of the book. So with that being said, how about Domnhall Gleeson for Shaddam IV? Heck, even his hair is reddish too. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"