Dune

I still have her as my choice for Princess Irulan - and Irulan is described as being tall which works in Debicki's favour. :)

And I still stand with my suggestion of Sylvia Hoeks as Jessica. I'll be thrilled if the announcement comes true!

Looking forward to who they cast as Chani too. I still like the idea of Brianna Hildebrand, but I'll be happy as long as the chosen actress looks the part. Hailee Steinfeld too, perhaps?!

Also read some great suggestions recently with Robbie Coltrane (didn't know he was in remission actually) playing the Baron Harkonnen and Sigourney Weaver as the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam. I can definitely see it with the both of them. While Vincent D'onofrio and John Goodman are favourites for the part of the Baron, I see them as being too physically intimidating. That's not how I think of the character, IMHO. I still like the idea of Albert Finney due to his voice though. Check out his portrayal of Winston Churchill in The Gathering Storm. Something like that. :)

I'm also open to the idea of Doctor Yueh being an Asian actor because uh, the name - and of course, Legendary too, I suppose. You could pick anybody really - Chin Han? Donnie Yen? Chow Yun Fat or Ken Watanabe?

Also, how about Jeremy Irons as Thufir Hawat?

I also like the idea of Toby Jones as Piter. I did think of him a while back too. Also, how about Andy Serkis too, perhaps?

Oh, and after some consideration, I can definitely see Timothée Chalamet as Paul. Looking forward to further announcements...
In remission from what?

Sylvia Hoeks was a scene stealer in BR2049, wouldn't mind seeing her in Dune in some fashion.

I think you got him mixed up with Timothy Spall who is in remission from leukemia.

I think you got him mixed up with Timothy Spall who is in remission from leukemia.

Ah, gotcha!

Brian Herbert posted on his Facebook page the other day that he was interested in hearing who they would like for such an' such a character. Well, in his latest post, he mentions that he took our suggestions to Legendary - and apparently, Denis is involved in casting choices too. Apparently, he has somebody in mind for a key role which is said to be amazing. Looking forward to the next announcement. :)

Do you guys think we might get some Dune news from SDCC? Maybe some concept art or more casting news?

This just posted from Brian Herbert's Facebook page.

I have just received Draft #4 of the DUNE screenplay from Legendary Pictures. This is for the first movie, covering approximately half of the novel DUNE. I'm very excited and pleased about this, and I'm beginning to burn the midnight oil.

I'm guessing the film will finish around the time Jessica becomes Reverend Mother and Paul drinking the Water of Life?! Paul's reunion with Gurney will take place in the next film too, I would imagine?

Last edited:
So will they film two films back-to-back or do the IT route and see how the first half does?

Probably the IT route. Although Dune is like the LOTR for sci-fi, so perhaps they have the confidence in it that they'll film both parts at once.

I wonder if the plan is do a trilogy, ending with Messiah. Messiah always seemed a bit like part 3.

I wonder if the plan is do a trilogy, ending with Messiah. Messiah always seemed a bit like part 3.

Messiah kind of ends on a downer though. I kind of like how the Syfy series ended, with Children.

:hehe: That's a hell of a licensing coup there. Board games! Now they can't shelve production now, not with all these board games(!) on the line. But seriously, I'll believe that this movie's really happening when I see the soundtrack released on cassette and we get the text-based DOS RPG.

#beingfacetious

Dune is actually kind of a long wanted license in the boardgame world. That the movie is getting Brian Herbert to allow it to be licensed is a big deal. As long as I get a Dune boardgame, I am happy.

There is one official gameboard but it may be hard to find a box now.

Dune is actually kind of a long wanted license in the boardgame world. That the movie is getting Brian Herbert to allow it to be licensed is a big deal. As long as I get a Dune boardgame, I am happy.

I like that the Command & Conquer franchise basically originated from the old Dune video game engine.

It's progressing really fast. I thought Villeneuve needed a vacation or something... :D

I wonder if Dune will become a WB/Legendary movie nao that the latter is ending it's collaboration with Universal. It has been speculated that LP will move back with WB once their partnership term with Universal expires.

WB is unlikely to contribute in co-financing the movie but they'll promote and advertise the movie and distribute it all over the world (pretty much like BR2049 but Sony handled the OS distribution for that one) as per their rumored arrangement with Legendary Pictures.

How about Gemma Arterton as Jessica?

3962209500000578-3925604-Gemma_Arterton_s_latest_attempt_to_promote_her_feminist_agenda_h-a-37_1478825401097.jpg

url

F**K !!!!!! What a Goddess !!!!! Them legs !!!!!
ESqowRPY_o.gif

She's highly unlikely to star in a Hollywood blockbuster. She took a sabbatical from these high profile big budget movies and focused on indies. It was a conscious decision since she hated her roles from those big studio movies. Villeneuve may persuade her to come back to Hollywood but it may not be enough.

F**K !!!!!! What a Goddess !!!!! Them legs !!!!!
ESqowRPY_o.gif

LOL, so true, man. Those calves... :hmr:

And I didn't know she took a sabbatical from Hollywood films but hey, I don't blame her for Gemma not liking her film roles. I would be very surprised if Villeneuve could convince her to appear in one of his films though, but I won't hold my breath. :(

3962209500000578-3925604-Gemma_Arterton_s_latest_attempt_to_promote_her_feminist_agenda_h-a-37_1478825401097.jpg

url

Gemma Arterton should be in everything in my eyes :hmr:.

I think what made her quit Hollywood was that producers always commented on her weight, while not realising (idiotically) that her curves are what make her so attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"