Dune

Great casting IMO. Can't wait to see what they do with Mamoa in this role, especially since Duncan was my favorite characters in Children of Dune. Also, we are getting Thanos, Aquaman and Drax in the same movie which is pretty damn cool all on its own.

Forgive my ignorance but is this under WB? I know this is LEGENDARY but is it also under the WB banner in any way?

Momoa posted something recently of him meeting WB execs and he came out yelling "You guys have no idea what's coming!" and then we get this casting news. Was this maybe what he was going on about?

Hello new most anticipated movie

Please lord let Momoa and Isaac interact

Forgive my ignorance but is this under WB? I know this is LEGENDARY but is it also under the WB banner in any way?

Momoa posted something recently of him meeting WB execs and he came out yelling "You guys have no idea what's coming!" and then we get this casting news. Was this maybe what he was going on about?
I know there was word last year about WB and Legendary entering a new deal, but I don't know if it was finalized or if it would include this.

I know there was word last year about WB and Legendary entering a new deal, but I don't know if it was finalized or if it would include this.

It's strange because I've been looking to see if WB is referenced in any articles online about DUNE but all I see is LEGENDARY.

They will if they follow the book.
tenor.gif

Forgive my ignorance but is this under WB?

Good catch and you're probably right.

Legendary Pictures is producing this pic but they'll need at-least another major co-financier and distributor for a huge production like this. LP has pretty much ended it's exclusive partnership deal with Universal and there were reports late last year that LP is returning back to WB. The new collaboration is supposed to be something like a non-exclusive 6 movie per year deal with both studios on the hook for half the production budget. Detective Pikachu was the first movie to defect from Universal to WB but a new deal wasn't signed when this happened. So the details of the production houses are still fuzzy but we'll know soon enough because the movie starts shooting next month so a press release with all the bts info is very likely.

They are really giving the people what they want with these casting choices.

Please lord let Momoa and Isaac interact
Duncan Idaho(Momoa) is one of Duke Leto(Isaac)'s most loyal right hand men, his swordsman and fierce protector of Duke Leto(Isaac)'s family, and is Duke Leto(Isaac)'s personal representative sent to the Fremen.
Absolutely they "interact" in fact their set up (the fact of it) is what establishes (for Idaho(Momoa) one of the best and complex ongoing character narratives in the franchise.

Especially if they get into sequels.

Probably the last person I expected to play Duncan Idaho, but we will see.

Momoa was a surprising choice at first, there are certain lets say "diplomatic" scenes where you might expect a more eloquent presence, not a Conan, Drogo or Aquaman, etc... Yet when it comes to it, the choices that ultimately define Idaho and his fate, are his more visceral ones, and that is where the character comes "alive" (yes we know what that leads to every time).
That is who he is, I can totally see how they are approaching the character and why Momoa works great.
And visually he's got the dashing dark swordsman, taken to the extreme LOL!, he's a great choice.:yay:
Holy reverend mother of ****, that's a good choice. Esp. considering if this becomes a franchise, Idaho is the most recurring main character..
No doubt, he's one of those characters should he stick around, would mostly become comfertable background, yet he's given one of the most sympathetic heroic supposed "exists", he transcends the characters who he helps survive, (Herbet knew this) so much that the ruminated (and it will be) possibility of his supposed "return" (see how I avoided 50 year old spoilers) is the fundamental buzz-fuel that sequels thrive on.
They know what they are doing in casting Momoa, you can't ask for a better match here,:D
Hello new most anticipated movie..
Yeah so much I'm surprised we are still in the Misc. Films category, and the Hype isn't on top of it, given Dune it's own forum already.
With discussion threads for each character and their casting.

Last edited:
Oh God....Isaac and Momoa together....it's not that hot mechanic rom con the Internet was asking for for them but hell, this will do :D

Dune nicely fills the slot originally for FB3.

Interesting that this is DV’s third film with WB since they distributed Prisoners and Blade Runner 2049.

Duncan Idaho is a minor character in the first book all things considered.

See... This has me thinking that the Momoa vid was at least partially about DUNE. As everyone notes, Idaho or at least versions of him are part of the story as it would progress in sequels. So I could see Momoa coming out of the WB offices with not only a contract for Aquaman sequels but also a multipicture Dune series.

This keeps going up in my anticipated films ranking. I'm glad they're taking it so seriously with all this talent being thrown at it.

This movie feels more and more like a big event.

Especially after having seen Timothee in "Beautiful Boy"- incredible and moving. A big fan of his.

But it's all the talent they are gathering for 'Dune'

DyUJn5uUYAAG73G.jpg:large

Timothée!

giphy.webp

I wonder if Dune will become a WB/Legendary movie nao that the latter is ending it's collaboration with Universal. It has been speculated that LP will move back with WB once their partnership term with Universal expires.

WB is unlikely to contribute in co-financing the movie but they'll promote and advertise the movie and distribute it all over the world (pretty much like BR2049 but Sony handled the OS distribution for that one) as per their rumored arrangement with Legendary Pictures.

Hopefully it does even better than Mad Max in box office and just as well when it comes to critical acclaim and awards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"