• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dune

Once again...:up:

Where are Shaddam and Irulan?

This cast is looking amazing. Do we know how well-budgeted this is?

So awesome to see Brolin join this cast. Very curious to see what role he's playing.

Pretty good choice for Gurney, He's rough around the edges, battled scarred, but still charismatic. Kind of like Cable with no powers. I can picture him training Timothee Chalamet how to fight.

Another great choice.

No Country reunion!
:up:
Josh+Brolin+Javier+Bardem+2007+National+Board+gFfRZ0V3CvGl.jpg

actors-josh-brolin-l-and-javier-bardem-arrive-for-a-gala-screening-gxxaea.jpg

LOL wtf?

Last edited:
For all it's flaws, I loved the mini-series development, and take on Irulan.
And even further into Messiah and Children of Dune.

I totally agree. Definitely one of my favorite aspects of it. Maybe my favorite.

Totally missed the Charlotte Rampling cast as the Reverend Mother news/discusion.
She's great.
Any old-timers bold enough to admit they knew her from Zardoz and Stardust Memories? :yay:

Of all the things in the 84 film version, the Bene Gesserit look remains one of the most striking and absolute indelible visuals, it's forever going to be hard to to transcend it, without referencing it outright.

The TV mini-series in trying for something unique, completley lost their way giving to much over to their crazy hat designer.:oldrazz: LOL!

I'm curious to see what they visually come up with here.

Last edited:
Thanos vs. Drax 2.0. :D

Seeing a fight between Brolin and Bautista would be epic!

Hmm, that would actually be great to see!
I think Rabban (Bautista) actually murdered Halleck(Brolin)'s family, and famously gave him a scar he permanently wears across his face.
That meeting is however only told about in the past, where Halleck once survived Harkonnen imprisonment, from what I recall (could be wrong)?
I don't think they actually get to meet again in story?
Although Halleck certainly hopes they do, as he is seeking revenge.

There is certainly visual opportunity for it ; during the occupation battle, and fall of the house Atreidis, as the Harkonnens take over.
And again as Paul and the Freman take it back. Although their meeting is not depicted in the book (as far as I recall), they could in fact run into each-other at either of these battles.

I hope you are right, and they find a way to have them fight each-other, but not to the death however . That is not how Rabban dies.
They need to save Rabban's inevitable end, for the much more significant scene...
...death at the hands of the Fremen.

Last edited:
Reactions: FVD
In the book Rabban's death is not depicted, it's just told without detail. For a movie it might be better to show it, I agree, otherwise people will wonder where Bautista/Rabban has gone.
Then again, it might never go that far if the first movie is a flop and the 2nd is canceled.

Now, give me Yueh and Chani casting !

In the book, the principal warrior characters never actually encounter each other on the field of battle (except two of them at the end) but as a book fan I am more than happy for DV to deviate from that so we can see Duncan, Stilgar and Gurney fight Rabba, Feyd and/or Fenring at some point.

Reactions: FVD
It's no wonder this cast is amazing. At this point Villenueve can pretty much get his first pick. There probably isn't an actor working now who doesn't want to work with him.

All these great actors on board sounds expensive to me. lol

Bless Villenueve tho.

It's no wonder this cast is amazing. At this point Villenueve can pretty much get his first pick. There probably isn't an actor working now who doesn't want to work with him.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my availability for Denis Villeneuve's Dune film. I can even supply my own authentic custom-fitted Harkonnen gladiatorial codpiece, if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"