Dune

Probably the last person I expected to play Duncan Idaho, but we will see.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my availability for Denis Villeneuve's Dune film. I can even supply my own authentic custom-fitted Harkonnen gladiatorial codpiece, if required.

I need to judge this, for.....for science.

Oh come on. How much more stacked can this cast get.

So how many major roles are left? Feyd-Rautha and Shaddam are probably the ones I’m now most curious about.

Not very thrilled about that casting choice, hopefully he does better here than usual.

Is it a challenging role for Momoa though, or is it something like Khal Drogo where he can get by just being Momoa?

Is it a challenging role for Momoa though, or is it something like Khal Drogo where he can get by just being Momoa?

First book, he should be fine. Aquabro is a good fit for Idaho as he was presented. It's book 2 and beyond where it starts to become a bit of a stretch, imo.

Last edited:
What an odd choice. I have a hard time picturing Momoa as Idaho, he is nothing like him. He could have been a Stilgar but Idaho ?
Edit : and who wants to see a beardless Momoa :) ?

Here is as close to clean shaven Momoa as I can find. I don't care if you're straight or not, tell me this doesn't awaken something in you. ;)

4f950c88d5e8b5a51cb804096a5cc63f.jpg

Ok, he's fine breaess too.
Here is as close to clean shaven Momoa as I can find. I don't care if you're straight or not, tell me this doesn't awaken something in you. ;)

Straight and the video is 8 years old but yes, he's fine beardless too. I shall see, it's not as it was a deal breaker casting anyway.

Inject this movie straight into my veins.

I can already picture scenes done in Denis' usual style. Those long conversations, the character moments in dark rooms. It's going to be incredible.

I honestly can't wait to hear the music for this movie. I know the Lynch movie isn't a favorite among Lynch's own fans. But I really liked the main theme for that movie.

Wow, Jason Momoa is an interesting casting choice. Can't wait to see who they cast as Thufir and while I am in favour of an Asian actor to play Doctor Yueh, I will laugh if Benicio Del Toro is cast instead.

As far as film composers go, Tom "Junkie XL" Holkenborg seems to be in demand these days...

Holy reverend mother of ****, that's a good choice. Esp. considering if this becomes a franchise, Idaho is the most recurring main character. I would gladly become his Bene Gesserit sex slave.

This is all about feeding into your insect eyes fetish, isn't it?

Inject this movie straight into my veins.

I can already picture scenes done in Denis' usual style. Those long conversations, the character moments in dark rooms. It's going to be incredible.

When I went to see ARRIVAL the moment when Adams first goes into the ship to meet the aliens and there's that huge "meeting room" and the trip to get there and finally seeing the huge space and how real it all looked I thought at that moment to myself, "This is the guy that should handle DUNE."

Glad to see it seems I was on the money.

I honestly can't wait to hear the music for this movie. I know the Lynch movie isn't a favorite among Lynch's own fans. But I really liked the main theme for that movie.

I agree. Eno and Toto did a good job. In fact I would say the 1984 film has all the right ingredients outside of the performances and the way the story is moved along to be quite good. But Lynch, already dealing with a massive tale with a strange and alien setting and culture/society apparently asked his cast to give the most absurd line readings and seemingly detached from any real human emotion performance. Everything is already so strange that you don't have anything to latch onto that's understandable and relatable.

But on all other levels I actually have a soft spot for DUNE 1984. I love the production values and the design of everything. It's kind of refreshing in that it's not at all trying to be like either a Star Trek or a Star Wars in it's presentation of a sci fi story, which let's be honest, those were the two go to franchises to ape when DUNE was first adapted.

Still, I hope, and think, this time out they will make something more accessible while also keeping the strange and well thought out world.

Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"