Dutch Government attempting to ban Burkas, muslim face covering

hippy fascist said:
The fact that what I've said is directly followed by a statment from a muslim backing up what I said.

No interpretation requires it. Only mysogenistic governments that want to keep women down

Game.Set.Match.

the fact that AFTER your post someone posted in agreement?
are you insane? what, you knew a muslim was going to present your evidence for you? you coward you didn't know and as always don't know what you're talking about and now resort to cite dangermouse as if you for one second understood the coversation we had.
the burqa is based on Hijab, therefore based on religion, you mistake a sane conversation with an oposing viewpoint with agreement.
we DIDN'T agree.
he said Islam is not open to interpretation like catholicism.
but that's what his belief IS, like Christians believe catholics are wrong and viceversa.
idiot.
like I said, do your research adn then shut the **** up.

hippy fascist said:
dude now you're really grasping at straws.

Sparkle: "Mr dangermouse, do you think that maybe there's a 1 in a million chance that the crap I've been spouting thus far might actually have some slight basis in reality. Please say it is, I so sick of getting into arguments where I don't know what I'm talking about and looking like a moron." :csad:

DangerMouse: "no" :D

LOL, I like how you never adress points, just do a little story to hide the fact that you know nothing and are just trying (and failing) to look as if you do.
I also love how you completely missed the point of our conversation.
the Burqa is deemed religious by those who wear it.
as Dangermouse put it HE wouldn't deem it religious but the people who use it do.
as I have shown, unlike you , there's research to back up my statement (law of Hijab and such) and now, like a moron you're trying to use my conversation with dangermouse as foundation for your non-argument.

but see:

Danger Mouse said:
I wouldn't. They could, but they'd be wrong.

sorry if you missed this, and sorry of you failed to understand the conversation *****ebag, but again, you're out of your depth here.

Danger Mouse said:
Let me help you then - NONE. As I've said, the strictest Islamic sect only demands the covering of the entire body except the face and the hands.

Oh, and how do I know this? I'm a Muslim.

Oh really? Good for you, but that still doesnt remove the fact that there are hundreds, thousands of religious sects out there, and im sorry, you dont nkow all of them. Same way im Christian and cant name every single christian sect out there, so sorry with all due respect being muslim doesnt necessarily make you an expert on every single muslim sect out there.

Darthphere said:
Oh really? Good for you, but that still doesnt remove the fact that there are hundreds, thousands of religious sects out there, and im sorry, you dont nkow all of them. Same way im Christian and cant name every single christian sect out there, so sorry with all due respect being muslim doesnt necessarily make you an expert on every single muslim sect out there.

Like I said yesterday and I'll say it again.
it's all about interpretation. Burqas are based on a muslim law, wether some Muslims consider that "true to islam" or not is inmaterial, the BELIEF of the people who DO is the matter at hand here.
I guess since the bible only speaks about guy on guy sex Lesbians are A ok.

Mr Sparkle said:
Like I said yesterday and I'll say it again.
it's all about interpretation. Burqas are based on a muslim law, wether some Muslims consider that "true to islam" or not is inmaterial, the BELIEF of the people who DO is the matter at hand here.
I guess since the bible only speaks about guy on guy sex Lesbians are A ok.

Pretty much, I have an aunt who is Jehova's Witness, somehow they read the bible and said celebrating birthdays are evil.

Darthphere said:
Pretty much, I have an aunt who is Jehova's Witness, somehow they read the bible and said celebrating birthdays are evil.

Celebrating ANYTHING is evil to them.

So when they come up to my estate, I say that I'm setting up for Christmas, and am far too busy to talk.

Mistress Gluon said:
Celebrating ANYTHING is evil to them.

So when they come up to my estate, I say that I'm setting up for Christmas, and am far too busy to talk.

I used to torture my cousin and be like "Hey, look at all my brithday and christmas presents" *evil grin*

Darthphere said:
I used to torture my cousin and be like "Hey, look at all my brithday and christmas presents" *evil grin*

I tend to make sure that I support or start Christmas, or whatever functions across the street from their churches.

Hippy fascist and Mr. Sparkle, please try to have a more civilised discussion without the personal attacks.

This goes to everyone else as well.

Darthphere said:
Are you saying with absolute certainty that there are hundreds of Muslim sects out there?

There are only 2 divisions in Islam: Sunni and Shi'a. Within Sunni, there are only four sects: Hanafi, Hanbali, Maliki and Shafie. Within Shi'a, only one.

For the record, the Sunnis have always regarded the Shi'ites as a deviationist group. Nevertheless, not discounting them for the purpose of this discussion, there are only five.

FIVE.

Other than those stated above, they are not a faction/sect of Islam though they may proclaim to be as their beliefs have diverted significantly from the 5 tenets of Islam and Islam's 6 pillars of faith.

So, of the five above, yes, I can say with certainty that none of them prohibit the exposure of the face.

phoenix_force said:
Burkas have nothing to do with islam religon
it is just some tradition in some arab countries
i live in egypt (which is a muslim country) and no one wears them here!

Yep, I agree with you to some extent, cuz I do live in Egypt too (well am Egyptian!). Actually its quite diverse you could see a woman in very tight clothes walking side by side to a veiled woman down the streets, or a veiled mom walking up the street along with her daughter which is dressed in kinda revealing clothes, I think this reflects how divided the Egyptian society is they don't have uniformity or a true identity; a torn apart community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"