El Mayimbe vs The Hype

Ahhh Latino Review...even photoshop fools them.

latinoreviewprank.jpg

On a side note: I also like the other scoop they have in the left column declaring The Rock was coming back for Scorpion King 2. Lulz.

EM, CBM, and Jett are heads of the hydra of crap journalism.

Ultimate spy?
Formerly a favorite of theirs.

On the "banning people on his site" thing, he has his right in that tbh, members making fun of him on his site is like going as a house guest and insulting their host.

I wouldn't blame EM for banning people who mock him on his own board but, based on who thin his skin is, I'd say he bans people who bring up legitimate criticisms of his work as well.

I wouldn't blame EM for banning people who mock him on his own board but, based on who thin his skin is, I'd say he bans people who bring up legitimate criticisms of his work as well.

What is his board?

I have no idea. I wouldn't waste my time there for a million dollars.

Looked up the meaning of the name that dude chose for himself, and this is what urban dictionary says:
"In Hispanic and Latino culture " Mayimbe" is a person who is liked by everyone. The word is sometimes but not always describes as "the man" or just a real not fake positive person that everyone loves to be around.

A Mayimbe is around people who are always happy , while the hater drowns in his own misery."

What is his board?
Nothing you can find on the first page of google search.

Why does a nobody like El Mayimbe have an 8-page thread? I think that warrants some reflection.

I can't answer that question. But, I like to imagine it's all a reaction to the hilariously awful Wonder Woman trailer he hyped up. :woot:

I can't answer that question. But, I like to imagine it's all a reaction to the hilariously awful Wonder Woman trailer he hyped up. :woot:
It's more a reaction to him attacking this forum a couple of days ago

It's more a reaction to him attacking this forum a couple of days ago

Nah, it's more of a reaction to people putting too much stock in what one guy says, "fact" or opinion.

See something from him or his site posted on here and you'll have at least one page of posts expressing dislike for him. Same with Faraci.

I kind of tuned out of this thread, then I saw that a SHH writer was defending El Mayimbe on Twitter and it got a little more interesting again.

DRAMA! :D

I'm amazed SHH! has writers. I thought everyone just came here for the forums. :o

How do you think the articles on the front page get written?

I don't think I've ever even looked at the front page.

Gosh. El Mayimbe is getting quite a lot of attention. He probably wants that though.

While he has delivered some great scoops in the past, I think he's been spotty in the past few years. But what hurts him is just his insecurity. He demands respect, and will be vocal about it, but what do you expect from the internet? Come on, now. Common sense.

I always root for the underdog, but I stop when that underdog becomes self-destructive. And the sad thing is that, too many people in the film blog/news community are too affraid to criticize El May because he's friends with all (or most) of them. Well that, and he gets very defensive and it's not worth anyone's time to call him out when he's wrong or misguided. That's the truth. I can bet many of your favorite film writers online are thinking the same thing: "Calm down, dude!"

At least when this dude has a "scoop" we know not to believe it and can laugh at its ridiculousness without giving it a second thought of being true. I guess I find a sense of comfort with that.

I could forgive the occasional (lol) misfire if he wasn't so full of himself. When someone links me to a LR article I want to read the damn scoop, not 12 paragraphs about how clever and important El Maybe thinks he is.

What's depressing is this site devolving to cover non comic, non superhero news. Pretty soon you'll be seeing updates on the front page for Cars 3...****ing out their writers to get ad click revenue.

That didn't take long...American Sniper on front page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"