Elite NY school teaches about race in odd way

Webfoot Hero

West Coaster
Reaction score
An elite NY K-8 school is teaching their students about race in a somewhat controversial way. The school separates out the white students and teaches them about all the ways the white race has discriminated against minorities while the minorities are put into safe spaces where they're given a much more positive discussion to talk about being a minority. This just seems like a weird and heavy-handed way to teach students about racism and discrimination.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k-8-school-teaches-white-students-theyre-born-racist/

Does it take into account historical precedents and contexts? I wouldn't think you can pursue the topic without having either of those in place as well. As far as segregation goes, I thought that was mostly illegal now except for a few places in the south.

Segregation is still around? What the hell? How? I thought it was illegal now.

I think that because it's a private school, they can get away with it but it seems to be pushing a very fine line between teaching and social activist indoctrination.

So basically they are trying to force feed white guilt down a bunch of white kids throats. I'm not one to talk about racism against white people, but this is involving kids and they are deliberately making children feel guilty for **** they had no hand in. All because they just happen to be white.

**** that stupid school.

Ahem... The New York Post is a rag of a news organization. It's stock and trade for a long time now is finding "stories" that can rile up it's conservative/reactionary base of readers. These stories tend to be shaded to the point of having no relationship with the truth what so ever. I would take any story sourced from the Post with a nice big mountain of salt.

why am I picturing Peter Parker seating alone in the auditorium being lectured to about discrimination

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"