Toronto trustees vote in favour of Afrocentric school

This reminds me when they wanted ebonics accepted as a form of language in school.

Idiots.

Well considering Spanish is having a hard time being recognized it is silly that they thought a dialect would be given credence.
That sort of be like trying to teach Texan English in New York schools...

But "Ebonics" itself isn't ******ed, I've mentioned before that it even has an extra tense, which makes it fuller.

I've had Asian and Indian professors who I couldn't understand in college.

But this is afrolicous. :up:
Again It's strange how much an accent can put someone off.

The professor who taught me had an accent and i couldn't get him but he kinda beat it into me so much that he could have been talking perfect english for all i know.

The thing with an american/english accent is that you are more likely to not listen just because

with a foreign accent, you don't listen because you mind turns off because you automatically think you won't understand.

The key is some familiar with a slight foreign tongue.

out of all my memorable teachers, they all had distinctive sounding voices.

I dunno but the idea of getting foreigners in sounds appealing to me. You're less likely to mess around with someone from another culture because you don't know if they are going to bring out a machete and cut your hand off.:word:

I think fear is the greatest of all motivations, Fear and education should be one and the same...

Arabs for school teachers with bombs on their chest.....

Black kids here are born here, after generations of living here.
There is nothing "African" about them.
There is nothing "Euro" about me.

exactly.
not succeeding in school has nothing to do with ethnicity, grades don't lie and I was often asked to write reports on European history in high school.
wow, I guess since I'm from Mexico that whole "european history" thing will be completely incomprehensible to me.

you know what people are saying with this?

black people can't succeed in integrated society.
and that's a ****ing lie.
it's harder for many, but school is school, I mean, what the ****?

I'd still like an answer for my question pages back...if the Black kids are doing poorly in school, through no fault of their own, but rather, because the schools are too..."Eurocentric" ( :whatever: ), does this mean that White kids who attended this Afro-School would fail, because it was too Afrocentric...without their precious Euro-view of mathematics, grammar, history, etc., they'd just be flailing in the wind like sun dried sardines?

I don't really understand this, so they're building an entire new school to teach African history? I mean, the only subject I can think of the this applies to is history, math will be the same, english will be the same, maybe they'll read some different books, but the basic premise will be the same, science stays the same, unless biology is changed to only african animals. Do people really think black kids can't learn because history classes have too much european history in them? Or is it because there are white kids in the class? Those seem to be the two main things this school is looking to change.

Honestly this is the stupidest thing that I've ever heard of coming out of my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"