Eurovision: The Movie

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
"Eurovision" Movie In The Works
By Garth Franklin
Monday May 14th 2007 8:58am
Scribe Dan Mazer ("Borat") and producer Damian Jones ("The History Boys") will produce a comedy about the Eurovision Song Contest for Working Title Films reports RTE Ireland.

The 52-year-old annual competition, which had its grand final this past Saturday night in Helsinki, brings together pop acts from 42 countries to compete for its grand prize and has launched the careers of the likes of Abba, Celine Dion and Bucks Fizz.

One of the most watched TV events in the world with several hundred million viewers tuning in from around the globe, it's famous for being an unabashedly cheesy and kitsch event.

Among the more notables this year were a Ukranian drag queen in a mirror ball cap (video) who was the favorite to win going in, a French group with eccentric Gaultier-designed costumes (video), a pretty good Georgian band mixing rave music & Cossack dancing (video), and the dismal scoring British sexy stews (video). The winner was Serbian singer Marija Serifovic (video), an odd look but a great voice and solid ballad number.

"Eurovision: The Movie" was originated by Mazer and Jones, who will produce.

One question: Why make a comedy about this crap song contest when the show itself has become a parody?

Any Europeans out there will probably know what I mean. And for any other people; be happy if you don't have the slightest idea what the hell the Eurovision Song Contest is...

:dry:

icon8.gif

This is pointless,it could never be as funny as the actual show itself

I wonder if this will have a block vote like only Eastern Europe will win lol.

this is ******ed :down:

The show itself is hilarious and the naivety of the eastern europeans as to how unintentionally funny it actually is what makes it so funny. Terry Wogan's commentary was top notch again this year, especially when Santa Claus came out for the start of the voting.

By the way THANKS ALOT to the UK for giving Ireland NUL POINTS for the first time in ages, we can normally rely on each others votes and this year we gave your Scooch brilliance 7 but what did our traditional Irish flower power group get? - NOTHING!! haha, our song was AWFUL though, I don't know how it went through, all the old farts in Ireland voted for it I suppose! Does this mean Ireland and UK are relegated next year?

By the way THANKS ALOT to the UK for giving Ireland NUL POINTS for the first time in ages, we can normally rely on each others votes and this year we gave your Scooch brilliance 7 but what did our traditional Irish flower power group get? - NOTHING!! haha, our song was AWFUL though, I don't know how it went through, all the old farts in Ireland voted for it I suppose! Does this mean Ireland and UK are relegated next year?

Your entry was scary, weird hippy girl, and why should we vote for you just as your next to us? That would make us as bad as the Eastern Europeans wouldn't it?
We vote for the song not countries, so sorry we didn't give you any, but your one was well she was scary hippy lady lol.
But ours was cheesy but fun lol.

UK are always in as we put the most money in the show so we are always in it.

The winning one sucked!!!! SUCKED!!!

Eurovision
David Dobkin (“Wedding Crashers,” “The Judge”) has signed on to direct the Will Ferrell-led Netflix film comedy “Eurovision”. Ferrell and Andrew Steele will co-wrote the comedy which is set around the Eurovision Song Contest, the longest-running annual international TV song competition which has become a global phenomenon. [Source: Variety]

Eurovision
David Dobkin (“Wedding Crashers,” “The Judge”) has signed on to direct the Will Ferrell-led Netflix film comedy “Eurovision”. Ferrell and Andrew Steele will co-wrote the comedy which is set around the Eurovision Song Contest, the longest-running annual international TV song competition which has become a global phenomenon. [Source: Variety]

This is either going to be absolutely hilarious or god awful lol I can't see it falling anywhere in-between.

Oh no I have a feeling it’s going to be horrible.

What a shame because Eurovision is ace and it actually does have a good message

Eurovision is campy on it's own, why do we need a movie?

Although maybe it will make it more popular in the U.S and I won't have to find a stream to watch every year.

Rachel McAdams is in talks with Netflix to star in Eurovision, which means a re-team with her Wedding Crashers director David Dobkin and co-star Will Ferrell.

The first trailer got me excited, the second trailer, destroyed my interest - this looks awful

Twitter loves this. :lmao:

I mean it’s campy and messy as hell but Rachel McAdams is a goddamn treasure and we don’t deserve her. :bow: She stole the entire film along with Dan Stevens.

The director David Dobkin was behind my favorite rom-com ever, i. e Wedding Crashers. McAdams was a treasure in that too!

He also directed another personal favorite of mine in The Change Up. So I refuse to believe he would make a disappointing, generic movie! I'm ready for a camp classic!

This should have been a half hour shorter but I enjoyed it well enough. Rachel kind of made the movie, really.

This was dumb but I still enjoyed myself watching it. McAdams really committed to this, despite lip syncing. She could've easily phoned it in and she didn't.

Dan Stevens is hot so that's always a plus for me.

I have to say I laughed SO hard at how the villain of this was dealt with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"