JCVD - The movie.

Saw this movie today and actually thought it was a decent movie..I dare even say its one of his best movies of his career..

I've been dying to see this for so long and it's been playing around Toronto a lot but I've had to work every damn time :cmad:

I wasn't a huge fan. I admired the concept far more than the execution.

i loved this movie and was truly sad that it didnt even get a nom for a best foreign film oscar.. that would have been a nice mind**** to see Van Damme mentioned on oscar night

but yeah i recommend this to everybody.. Van Damme shows that he can truly act and isnt just a one-kick pony (sorry for the bad pun) .. "The monoloque"- scene is a must see !

Very good film, I like the irony it starts out with a huge action scene.

The trailer was hilarious, I'm glad that I'm aware of this now so I can keep an eye out for it.

The court room scene was the best. More straight-to-DVD movies than a bargain bucket!

Just watched this last night and it blew me away. It's a very good movie, it made me a fan of Van Damme (for this movie anyways), and it deserves more attention.

Watched this last night and im very very impressed by it, was funny as hell in places, and the one bit where Van Damme is talking on the chair... that was some good acting!

9/10

You must see this

I make a point to rewatch this every once in a while. Freaking fantastic.

That monologue? Oh man.... gets me every time.

Pourquoi les privilèges? Moi, je même fais comme un autre. Ça me fait mal au cœur de voir les gens qui n'ont pas ce que j'ai et aussi en sachant qu'ils ont des qualités beaucoup plus énorme que moi. Ce n'était pas ma faute si j'étais câblé pour être un star. Je l'ai demandé. Je l'ai demandé avec beaucoup de croyance. On croit en rêves quand on a treize ans - et même le m'a donner. Mais moi, encore aujourd'hui, qu'est-ce que j'ai fait pour cette terre? Rien! J'ai rien fait.

Why the privileges? I'm just a regular guy. It breaks my heart to see people that don't have what I do, and knowing that they have qualities that are so much greater than mine. It's not my fault if I was cut out to be a star. I asked for it. I asked for it with so much belief. We believe in dreams when we're thirteen years old - and mine came true. But me, still today, what have I done for this earth? Nothing! I've done nothing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8kvsl_jcvd-monologue_lifestyle

Last edited:
I'm one of the few people who'd noticed Van Damme was turning into a pretty damn good actor before he did this (I hate being one of those "before it was cool" people, but as a life long fan of Van Damme I've earned this). You guys gotta check Wake of Death and Until Death, which where both dry runs for the J.C.V.D. movie, in the former he plays a mobster who loses everything and in the latter a heroin addict who seeks redemption. The pain in both those films was incredibly genuine.

Funny enough, Nicholas Cage (I say this because of your avatar) finds the monologue scene in this film to be one of the best bits of acting, ever.

I'm one of the few people who'd noticed Van Damme was turning into a pretty damn good actor before he did this (I hate being one of those "before it was cool" people, but as a life long fan of Van Damme I've earned this). You guys gotta check Wake of Death and Until Death, which where both dry runs for the J.C.V.D. movie, in the former he plays a mobster who loses everything and in the latter a heroin addict who seeks redemption. The pain in both those films was incredibly genuine.

I really like Wake of Death and like Until Death. Some pretty good acting by Van Damme. Seen WOD month or so back for first time in years...really high end looking DTV. Same with Replicant in ways ( which was suppose to hit theaters by Artisan...but story is Blair Witch 2 bombed and they didn't want to take a chance on Van Damme in theaters or didn't have enough cash for it)

Van Damme is is good in Second in Command. I'm one of few who like the movie. Could had been better with more budget though. His acting saves it really. I've noticed he's quite good at playing tired characters...who are like burnt out (Second in Command, Assassination Games, 6 Bullets)

Van Damme plays a mobster in Swelter which comes out this year.

His new movie filming in China I believe this March (Pounds of Flesh) is directed by the guy who did AG and 6B. Kinda sounds like a Crank type movie.

Yeah this movie surprised me as well. I was very impressed with Van Damme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"